Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gauging interest for Platoon-leading TGU session.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [EVENT] Gauging interest for Platoon-leading TGU session.

I'd like to see if there is a demand/need for a workshop about platoon leading. I would do it if it can help us get more people to be comfortable taking a SL/PL position.

It would contain the following sub-parts:

1)All specific UI functionality
    -creating squads/platoons
    -switching members
    -re-assigning leadership
    -opening/closing/naming different squad
    -recruitement settings and what they do

SO basically familiarizing people with all the functionality that you can only access as a PL. We'd need a minimum of 4 to 5 people to be able to practice all funtionality. All partaking would thus get a chance to test the interface hands on in a non-combat setting without pressure.

2) Reading the "enemy activity" map; devising what to do next based on this information source. Some already use this, but many haven't noticed to see the value of what I base nearly all my decisions on. This map is a treasure trove, so I would just show it and illustrate with examples my personal way of using the info available in this screen.

I noticed some people are not familiar with this map-option, when I get squadmembers proposing clearly bad ideas that turn out to be explained by them having way less information then I am finding on the map.

3) Utilization of the spawnbeacon. Again I noticed a lack of knowledge about the spawnbeacon leading to it imo being underused. This part would consist a few small tips and tricks that could lead to a much more effective use. It is such a valuable tool.

4)Q&A with specific questions and topics brought forward by participants to be discussed in group

-------------------------------------
    One date could be set if enough people are interested, or we can also have ad hoc training sessions when there is low pop and people are willing. Just ask any time really. For the UI functionality we need a group though.

Re: Gauging interest for Platoon-leading TGU session.

I am interested. How many do we need minimum for the class to start?

Comment

i am interested
      You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to,
      So that when they turn their backs on you,
      You'll get the chance to put the knife in.Pink Floyd "Dogs"

Comment

Interested. Very available 11-Jan-13, and 12-Jan-13.

Comment

interested
          available the 17th and on
          |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

I'm interested and would be available most weekends.
            sigpic

Comment

Count me in as well for the weekends.

Comment

Interested.
                sigpic

Comment

I'm interested as well.
                  sigpic

Comment

On weekends yes

These Things We Do... That Other's May Live

Comment

Oh very well. I think the first date I can be present is this Sunday the 13th so I think that is when the first session will be. For those that will be online on the 13th, plz state a time period in GMT timezone when it would be good for you to start. I should be on from European evening roughly and the rest of the night.

I said first session, bc as not all people will be able to make it, I will take notes during the session to create sort of a template course that I will post for use in future sessions that I or other people will schedule. It would be nice if we could find out what the key things are that people need to know/practice to be an effective pl/sl.

Comment

Things to discuss:

Concentrating firepower at the right objectives.
                        Keeping platoon cohesiveness.
                        Avoiding needless death.
                        Certs that benefit platoon leaders. (platoon leader certs)
                        Support personnel and vehicles to protect platoon leader.

I can be on around 10pm (2PM for me) GMT or 3PM (7AM for me) GMT on Sunday. Have to work Sunday night - Tues night. Free Wednesday-Saturday.

Comment

Ok I'll be idling in TS3 soon and should be there for the rest of the evening. We can see how many people we can get together. Since I only have one suggested time for today which hasn't passed yet. 10 pm gmt will be aimed for then. I think it is generally a good time for many. More later.

*edit*Be in TS if you can it will be useful when disbanding and recreating squads.
                          Last edited by BigGaayAl; 01-13-2013, 12:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by QuantumQrack View Post
                            Things to discuss:

Concentrating firepower at the right objectives.
                            Keeping platoon cohesiveness.
                            Avoiding needless death.
                            Certs that benefit platoon leaders. (platoon leader certs)
                            Support personnel and vehicles to protect platoon leader.
                            Most of the things you suggest here are on a next level of complexity that I don't think fits into the other topics which are mostly practical skills. The idea is to make sure everyone has the complete knowledge of the basics so that they can go and make those choices, and make use of the forum resources which are abundant I think.

It might be good content for a new course, but I would not want to do that, because on the topics you raised opinions and styles can differ so much, that one can hardly instruct people on what to do.

I will add the topic of squadleader certs. Since I have it all maxed out I can provide any information needed on that I think.

Comment

Just got my new video card, and spent the last few hours OCing it. I still need to sleep and go to work in 6 hours, so I can't make it.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X