Bulldog vs Fury

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bulldog vs Fury

I would like opinions on which is the better (secondary) weapon for the Sunderer, given a choice between the Bulldog and the Fury.

The Fury features a 40mm round with faster reload and rate of fire.
    The Bulldog has a slower reload and rate of fire but a larger round at 60mm (and much more dramatic explosions!).

I suspect the killing advantage from a faster rate of fire might overcome the Fury's smaller round.

Any preferences between these two?
    sigpic

Re: Bulldog vs Fury

As far as I'm aware, those weapons are situational. The Bulldog is great at killing infantry, while doing a modest amount of damage to armor if a direct hit is scored. Whereas the Fury is primarily used against armored targets.

When I run a Sunderer, I generally have a Basilsk and a Bulldog equipped. The only time I equip the Fury is when I know for sure that I'll be facing enemy armor.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mindkill View Post
      As far as I'm aware, those weapons are situational. The Bulldog is great at killing infantry, while doing a modest amount of damage to armor if a direct hit is scored. Whereas the Fury is primarily used against armored targets.

When I run a Sunderer, I generally have a Basilsk and a Bulldog equipped. The only time I equip the Fury is when I know for sure that I'll be facing enemy armor.
      Thanks -- an important distinction!

When faced with armour I usually run (if isolated). It would make sense for me to use the Bulldog, as a significant threat is posed by enemy infantry trying to get close to the Sunderer with a mine or C4.

I have been using the Fury for months now, and will switch to the Bulldog and see how things go.
      sigpic

Comment

I run Basilisk for AT, AA, and AI, and then the Bulldog as stated above for AI/AT. Honestly though, I think I can count how many kills I've gotten with the Bulldog on both hands.. maybe?

These Things We Do... That Other's May Live

Comment

I run dual Fury's because I thought they were the better anti-infantry weapon, but I guess I was wrong. Still, they are very powerful in their own right.

"Certainly, being bombarded with 105 millimeter shells is bad. But the knowledge that you've armed your enemy thus, with your sloth and your ineptitude, unfolds in the heart like a poison." Tycho from Penny Arcade in reference to the nuke in MW2

Comment

Personally both weapons are ok at best for the Sunderer. I want either a rocket for armor or AA guns. Using the mine guard, I never get killed from infantry but air and tanks smoke me...
            "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

I'm gettin the feeling that blockade armor might be the way to go.

These Things We Do... That Other's May Live

Comment

Originally posted by Serjikal View Post
                I'm gettin the feeling that blockade armor might be the way to go.
                Survive MAYBE one more tank round or MAYBE a few more rockets/shells < Survive 1-3 more mines.
                Blackpython / ZephyrDark
                Former 31st RECCE Member

Comment

I actually use stealth armor. No way to know its effectiveness though.

Comment

I think of Sunerers lately more and more as firebases from PR. You want them to be sneakily away from the fighting and a have as many as possible.
                    Because of that, i run Bulldog front and Basilisk in the back. I use blockade armor and thinking about getting rival chassis.
                    sigpic

Comment

The rival chassis is a great upgrade. You can almost go anywhere and drive up hill on a road at about "normal" speed instead of slowing to a crawl.
                      Viking

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X