X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hilarious Video of TR Rage

NSFW

Re: Hilarious Video of TR Rage

I just want to take this opportunity to say that I love you guys.
    In game handle: Steel Scion
    sigpic

Comment

I saw that the other day..

Made me glad we're NC.

sigpic

Comment

The poor TR.

I'd like to be able to say I'm putting them out of their misery, but they just spawn right back in. It's like if Valhalla was a hell...

On a sidenote, does anyone else's stats show them having a much, much better KDR and faculity capture rate against the TR versus the VS? I've always felt the TR were easier to fight, but my numbers back it up...

Edit: apparently there was a personal warning from Smedley involved re: this video https://twitter.com/Cheyne10/status/290246382302945280

I've been at PAX so I haven't yet had the opportunity to respond to this whole "Enclave" thing. Let me be crystal clear about where I stand on this and where SOE stands.

We will not tolerate bigots, homophobes, racists, anti-semites or people being basic asshats in our game. If we catch you doing any of that you're gone. I've read a great deal about The Enclave and seen enough to make me make this general comment - if I see any of this behavior whatsoever in the game I will personally ban anyone doing it. I will do it publicly and I will do it loudly and as broadly as I can possibly make happen. Go play another game if you want to act like a jerk. We don't need or want your business.

In the specific incident that happened TB responded to it very well and we're going to make sure to avoid showcasing any guild that represents itself that way even outside the game. If you don't like that, tough. We'll ban you for what you say in the game but if you act like a ray of sunshine inside the game you'll still get to play. But if you are a well known as being any of the things I listed above outside the game - guess what. You're not going to be on any of our public facing stuff.

I want to be clear that there's nothing we will do inside the game if you follow our rules. That wouldn't be right. We also aren't trying to be the internet police. This is a free country. People get to say what they want to say. But not in our game. It's our way or the highway on these subjects.

I also want all to know this is a hobby horse of mine personally. I really can't stand racists or homophobes or anti-semites. I think they are foul human beings and really don't want them anywhere near me.
        Anyways. I hope I haven't minced words.
        Thanks
        Smed
        And this is from TB regarding the 'outfit spotlight' featuring The Enclave:

My view is this.

What they do on their Teamspeak and forum is their own business. I'm not here to pass moral judgments, we've all shot the **** at some point, to what degree is up to them in their own private domain.

What I won't do is actively promote an outfit that is willing to use those kind of insults to potential applicants. An awful lot of new players are heading into Planetside 2 and upon seeing that video may be tempted to apply. Last thing I want is my viewers being called all kinds of ****ty names for whatever reason and then coming back to me saying "why the hell did you promote these *******s?". Any mention of the outfit's name is gone from the video as a result of that. We will not mention them any more or activately promote their outfit as a result of their behaviour for the reasons given above.

Any discussions about whether or not there are racists, homophobes, anti-semites or whatever in the outfit is a moot point. If you're going to act that way we can't actively promote you, no matter how good you are.
        Teamwork and Tactics are OP

Strait /strāt/ (Noun) A narrow passage of water connecting two seas or two large areas of water: "the Northumberland Strait".

Comment

I agree with Steeler and I really like the response to this situation. Very professional. Maybe the internet is growing up?

Comment

who is TB?

thats a nice thought yt...XD
            |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

I dont think being in The Enclave makes you automatically horrible, I think they have some good respectable team players, and their coordination level can indeed be impressive. BuzzCut obviously has some leadership potential, but when it comes down to it.... I just cant stand him. You dont have to be a jerk to be a successful leader.
              May you be covered in the dust of your Rabbi.

Comment

I was in game a few days ago and every time we pushed TR off a point everybody kept yelling "BAD, BAAAAD, BAAAAAAAD" in chat. I thought it was a bit strange but then came across this video later that evening :D

You want to know something else? Yesterday The Enclave re-rolled as NC on Mattherson. A couple of hours before Vanu took Indar, I logged in and we were pushed back to our WG (bar a couple of bases) but still had Rashnu. I went up there to try save the Bio Lab and help stop VS getting the cont cap and when I got there, there were loads of yells about "dagger squads" being opened up. I opened up my social screen and joined Dagger Alpha.... who was the leader? "BuzzCutFreedom" They were talking to one another about outfit invites, then I was kicked.... maybe he recognised my name, not sure.

Dunno if its a permanent switch, but there were quite a few of them, a lot of new chars, trialling weapons etc. Either way it didn't stop VS taking Indar :P
                It matters not what letters or numbers come before my name, I'll always be 1stMIP.

sigpic

"It is all about being a teamplayer. Give a kitchen sink to a teamplayer and he'll find a way to support his squad with it."
                - John_CANavar (Marshall & Founder of the 1st Mechanized Infantry Platoon)

Comment

It's not hilarious, it was pathetic. I am actually heartened by Smed's and TB's response, especially Smed's. Far too often game companies have let the asshats keep on keeping on because, well, who knows why? I have never accepted that such behavior is "gamer culture" or even "internet culture". Culture is defined by the people that inhabit it. If we don't like what we see, we can, and should, speak out and shun it. Certainly not venerate it.

Dill, TB = Total Biscuit. British Youtube video game commentator that has since moved to the US. He's done quite a bit to promote PS2 since the pre-alpha days and is the TR commander for the Ultimate Empire Showdown.

Personally, I don't give 2 tosses about the UES or his being CO of the TR for that event. Though us having Seananners is a joke. Anyway, TB has my respect for his channel, especially his "WTF Is..." series where he gives first impressions of PC video games. Some AAA but mostly Indie titles. He's exposed me to quite a few titles I would otherwise have never seen, let alone considered. And is presently responsible for me losing sleep because his recent video on the basics of Blood Bowl got me to buy that game.
                  "...the rules aren't there to enumerate what is always correct but what is always wrong..."

Comment

That guy and those like him are the reason I don't play anymore.
                    I certainly hope they fix the mechanics that allow that or this title is going in the circular file.
                    You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to,
                    So that when they turn their backs on you,
                    You'll get the chance to put the knife in.Pink Floyd "Dogs"

Comment

Originally posted by CallousDisregard View Post
                      That guy and those like him are the reason I don't play anymore.
                      But you don't have to play with them. You can play with nice and awesome people like us!
                      sigpic

Comment

Buzzcut is clearly a jerk.
                        sigpic

Comment

"Our outfit is the only one worth joining."
                          Not only is Buzzcut a jerk, he is a fool for thinking and saying this (egomaniac, perhaps, or just an idiot).
                          sigpic

Comment

"Do you think he's pounding his little fist as he's yelling?" :-) I laughed because the Kuato guy from the first Total Recall movie popped into my head when he said that :-)
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by E-Male View Post
                              Buzzcut is clearly a jerk.
                              Add bunny hopping to that description too. I bumped into him at close range last night and all he did was stand in place jumping up and down firing. Somehow he managed to kill me at full health in just a few hits while none of my shots scratched him.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X