X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hotfix Changes 1/22

http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/i...22-2013.82662/

Players may note the following changes:

A number of Server and Client stability optimizations have been made.
    The Heavy Assault Shield should no longer fail to work after respawning.
    The Deployment screen now features top defensive locations on the continent as respawn points.
    Instant Action will now send players to areas with more combat.
    New players will now be placed at a spawn point in a battle instead of being drop podded in.

Liberators/Galaxies:

These aircraft are now easier to lock-on to with anti-air missles. By default you can lock on to them 1 second faster. This means it requires 2.5 seconds to lock on to an ESF and 1.5 seconds to lock-on to a Liberator/Galaxy.
    Lock on rockets and missiles should now hit more frequently and are harder to dodge.

Lock-on weapons can only be avoided by the following:
    Flares
    Forcing the missile to hit something else
    Outrunning it which requires you to be distant and burn a lot of fuel
    A very near miss which should be very challenging

---------

This is going in the right direction. How bout them render fixes.

These Things We Do... That Other's May Live

Re: Hotfix Changes 1/22

Originally posted by Serjikal View Post
    [...]

New players will now be placed at a spawn point in a battle instead of being drop podded in.

[...]

Meh, this reduces the variety of possible tactics.

Comment

Originally posted by Evilhardt View Post
      Meh, this reduces the variety of possible tactics.
      I think you may be misinterpreting this, this just means that new players logging in for the first time will no longer just be dropped in the middle of a battlefield. This doesnt affect anybody that has logged in more than once.
      May you be covered in the dust of your Rabbi.

Comment

That first drop is intimidating.
        In game handle: Steel Scion
        sigpic

Comment

Good changes. I'm looking forward to whatever makes it into the "big patch" coming in a week or so.
          Home/Gaming PC: [email protected]/Asus Rog Maximus VIII Formula/EVGA GTX 1080 SC/Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB)/Corsair Carbide Quiet 600Q/Corsair RM750i/Acer XB270H 27"/BenQ G2400W 24"/Sound BVlaster ZX/Samsung 850 Pro SSDs x2/Samsung 950 Pro x1/Win10 Pro 64bit/Saitek X52/TrackIR3: Pro-TrackClip Pro/

Comment

Originally posted by SoloDaNINJA View Post
            I think you may be misinterpreting this, this just means that new players logging in for the first time will no longer just be dropped in the middle of a battlefield. This doesnt affect anybody that has logged in more than once.
            You are right! :) I was misinterpreting this indeed.

Comment

OK, not grooving part of this patch/hotfix at all. I am forced to spawn forward instantly and can never get back to the warp gate for a retro fit unless I move all the way across the screen.
              "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

If you can't see the WG as a spawn, make sure you scroll down.
                sigpic

Comment

It would not let me see it at all. Not scrolling or picking a option from the map. Really weird. Now I can do it on Amerish, but not Indar.
                  "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

Originally posted by Mimir View Post
                    It would not let me see it at all. Not scrolling or picking a option from the map. Really weird. Now I can do it on Amerish, but not Indar.
                    I noticed that too last night. SL called out "regroup at WG" and then I died; looking at the spawn screen I couldn't go directly to the WG but had to spawn in a nearby outpost and hoof it.
                    |TG-6th|Belhade
                    "I am actually looking forward to watching Jon and Kate plus 8." - Dirtboy

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X