TG @ Empire Showdown?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TG @ Empire Showdown?

Apparently you can take part in the Empire Showdown on any server (http://www.planetside2.com/news/ues-join-the-fight). Have we got a TG plan for participating in this? Is anyone talking to the other NC outfits about it?

Would you guys be up for showing up on TS, half an hour before start to sort out the platoon and a general plan?

I think it starts at 4pm EST

EST / EDT, Eastern Standard Time (US)
    4:00p Fri, Jan 25 2013

PST / PDT, Pacific Standard Time (US)
    1:00p Fri, Jan 25 2013

MST / MDT, Mountain Standard Time (US)
    2:00p Fri, Jan 25 2013

UTC / GMT, Universal / Greenwich Time
    9:00p Fri, Jan 25 2013

Re: TG @ Empire Showdown?

It's only taking place on the Connery server. So I'll pass, I don't want to create a new NC character.

Comment

You can do the challenges on any server. Hold the Ascent or the Bastion for 30 minutes and hold the most territory for 30 minutes.
      sigpic

Comment

Looks like a few people are up for Saturday (Wicks "Punch Up" event). Still no-one for Friday?

Comment

meh...i'm no really seeing the point to these. Fame and Glory? I'll just keep killing TR.

These Things We Do... That Other's May Live

Comment

I have the time wrong, it's 4pm PST.

Comment

Well GG to the VS, they dominated across the board, on almost all servers. Im sure that most will attribute it to VS being OP, but to their credit, I do think they have on average the best teamwork of any faction. If you dont believe me, look up the Vanu Alliance, it is a much larger and older version of our coalition and they get stuff done.
              May you be covered in the dust of your Rabbi.

Comment

Is the VanuAlliance enough to stretch on all continents?

Furthermore I contribute our first objective effectively a mission 'fission mailed' moment. First the loss wasn't explicitly on the New Conglomerate and was rather impossible for the New Conglomerate to get around. It was a combination of two factors.

#1 We had an early lead against the TR
                #2 The Vanu saw this and exploited the same effect on the TR as those territories were the furthest from the NC.

By the time we realized that the TR had effectively failed in holding any Facilities we were up against a wall. Finally the inherent lack of organization of such a mass amount of factions proved to be problematic when attempting to work on a specific strategic level. At many times there was confusion in the NC as to which Outfit was where and any semblance of coordination kind of flew apart. I expected such an issue would arise when so many outfits were in one channel each representing at least 24 people some significantly more.

On top of that I think we generally lacked a good strategic understanding of the map and that our prior successes there gave us a sense of infallibility, something that proved quite wrong when the continent was a balanced fight. The confusion surrounding the missions further compounded many issues when we waited an hour for a mission only for SOE to quite literally give it away to the Vanu due to a broken siege mechanic (where a defender has unlimited resources and can hold 600+ people in one base defense causing terrible performance), and finally the territory control section did not matter as much of the organized outfits in both TR and NC left.

On many accounts I know I failed though. I did not keep the platoon in any organized state minus a short blast in the north Arsenal/Outlook/Biolab region and my sarcasm gave conflicting orders when I was asked if we would stay to capture a point or follow the original order of 'redeploy' to warp gate. I know my lack of understanding the Spawn Mechanic lead to grossly over estimating the 'redeploy' range and a general inability to collectivize our forces. I am actually quite curious now to test it out as I doubt you guys were further than 4000 meters away, something I know is in the spawn range on Indar.

I would love for the squad leaders to give me feed back on issues. It appears that my comms were both laggy and garbled, and this garble is something that has only arisen in the last update or so... but yes feedback would be welcomed. Even on the concept of the Platoon leader being in his own 'separate' squad.

Comment

YT I dont think youre giving yourself enough credit. The only thing that I think was a mistake was the sarcastic conflicting orders, that really did confuse both the SL's and SM's. Aside from that, you did what you could, as did the rest of the NC. When it comes down to it, keeping the squad member's together is the squad leader's responsibility. You tell them where to go, SL's herd them there, if the flock isnt together at the destination its not on you. Not saying the SL's did badly (I was one haha), it was tough with this group of smurfs, but its not your fault.

I REALLY liked the idea of a squad for the PL only. I want to try that. If we get more than one platoon going, might even be good to have one more guy in there as an XO. Hmmm....

Comment

i liked the idea on the seperate Squad for PL as well
                    The biolab was a blast
                    I did not notice conflicting orders, i heard "if you want to sta for the 4 certs you can, otherwise redeploy", was the point thing meant to be sarcastic? XD i stayed for the certs. I did become greedy, i should have redeployed and i find me staying a flaw in my own gameplay, cause i wanted points instead of the platoon succeeding.

One thing, we need more organized transportation for each squad, at least in my squad we were running aroundd alot or behind where the platoon was, or by the time the squad got to the point, objective would switch. The galaxy transportation was great, but point to point ground transportation needs to be better, like all the squads together until told to split off the objectives, but we need to be all together at some point.
                    I believe this could be avoided by more meaningful targets? (i dont know how to say it right....) i understand he battle is constantly changing but the speed of squad movements must be taken into account
                    one more thing, unresponsize, disobediant smurfs should be kicked from squad for people who actuay want to follow orders.
                    sorry for sounding brash, if i came off that way
                    also, i have never platoon or even squad lead before so throw out my critiques if they are completely incorrect :p
                    |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

On Saturday we ran a much better version of the 3-Squad + 1 Platoon Lead element. I will say that as a Platoon Lead separate from the squads you will not get certs at a great pace, but often I find that is not an issue for those willing to lead.

I think the difference was the amount of coheshion and unity in this attempt than the prior one. Always, then, have the squads anchored to each other.

Comment

Originally posted by Ytman View Post
                        On Saturday we ran a much better version of the 3-Squad + 1 Platoon Lead element. I will say that as a Platoon Lead separate from the squads you will not get certs at a great pace, but often I find that is not an issue for those willing to lead.

I think the difference was the amount of coheshion and unity in this attempt than the prior one. Always, then, have the squads anchored to each other.
                        What do you think about the idea of having a dedicated reaver pilot in command squad? His primary purpose being a scout, only CAS when needed. This way we could evaluate enemy forces before making an assault. As long as it is just one guy then he wont cause extra comms chatter, except for when he reports contact levels.

Comment

If he doesn't get shot down by bursters, AA, other ESFs, or friendlies, sounds like a grand idea.

These Things We Do... That Other's May Live

Comment

Originally posted by Serjikal View Post
                            If he doesn't get shot down by bursters, AA, other ESFs, or friendlies, sounds like a grand idea.
                            He would be a dedicated reaver pilot, if he gets shot down then he gets a new reaver.

Comment

On the few occasions that I've SL'd, I had a good amount of success utilizing a reaver pilot as a scout. It's an excellent way, in conjunction with the Enemy Activity filter on the map, to find fights for your squad/platoon.

Having the ability to call in a little air support when needed is also a good tool to have in the squads bag.

sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X