Hotfix 1/24

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [INFO] Hotfix 1/24

The servers will come down at 12:00 AM PT for a hotfix to address a few outstanding issues. Downtime is anticipated to be less than 90 minutes. Players may note the following changes:

A New Weapon is now Available! The G40-F Ranger will make that Reaver pilot think twice about strafing your tank.

A30 Walker:

The Walker has been adjusted in the following ways:

Projectile Speed has been increased.
    Fire Rate has been increased.
    General firing and accuracy has been adjusted.
    Damage has been increased against aircraft.
    Damage has been reduced against Infantry and Armor.
    Ammo capacity has been increased 50%
    Certification for Ammunition Capacity have been adjusted to only add +5 to magazine instead of +10.
    Source

Re: Hotfix 1/24

Oh thank god. I bought the Walker and it just doesn't do crap to air targets at all.

"Certainly, being bombarded with 105 millimeter shells is bad. But the knowledge that you've armed your enemy thus, with your sloth and your ineptitude, unfolds in the heart like a poison." Tycho from Penny Arcade in reference to the nuke in MW2

Comment

More good changes... keep going SOE.
      Home/Gaming PC: [email protected]/Asus Rog Maximus VIII Formula/EVGA GTX 1080 SC/Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB)/Corsair Carbide Quiet 600Q/Corsair RM750i/Acer XB270H 27"/BenQ G2400W 24"/Sound BVlaster ZX/Samsung 850 Pro SSDs x2/Samsung 950 Pro x1/Win10 Pro 64bit/Saitek X52/TrackIR3: Pro-TrackClip Pro/

Comment

I kinda like some real AA for armor. Real surprised the A30 Walker was not a "flak technology". That is a worthless use of certs IMO.

I will definity have to check out the G40. Hopefully it will add a much needed deterance to cherry picking aircraft.
        "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

G40 is like having a max with one burster arm sitting on top of your tank. You'll still lose a 1v1 fight against an ESF, but an armor column equipped with this weapon will be able to kill or deny aircraft with little effort.
          sigpic

Comment

I hope they actually fixed the Walker. Before the hotfix, it was like having a boat anchor as your secondary/tertiary vehicle weapon.

sigpic

Comment

I too am interested in the Walker's effectiveness, especially now with a decked out Lib/Galaxy with them as their secondary weapons.

These Things We Do... That Other's May Live

Comment

Originally posted by Mindkill View Post
                I hope they actually fixed the Walker. Before the hotfix, it was like having a boat anchor as your secondary/tertiary vehicle weapon.
                The new Walker has been compared to the Reaver's default M20 Mustang, but with a larger cone of fire and less damage against ground targets.
                TL;DR:
                Doubled ROF
                Doubled Reserve Ammo
                50% faster projectile speed
                COF increased from a variable .25-.50 to a fixed .75 (plug away full-auto, it won't matter)
                Damage change is still speculated on, but it looks like they're adding damage dropoff in exchange for making it slightly more against air and cutting the anti-ground damage.

In short, it seems like it should damage air about twice as fast at close range, but be less effective than before at long range with a larger COF and damage dropoff.

Info from here: http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/c...is_of_changes/

I bought it for my Vanny when it was half price, I was counting on SOE buffing it into usefulness at some point. Hopefully this is what I've been waiting for.
                Teamwork and Tactics are OP

Strait /strāt/ (Noun) A narrow passage of water connecting two seas or two large areas of water: "the Northumberland Strait".

Comment

Ok, let me save you all some certs - neither of the AA guns worth much on a Vanguard. I Upgraded my A30 and bought the G40. Neither are of much use against AA, they at best scare the lightly armored aircraft. Once they realize you are doing no damage, prepare for a rocket volley now that you identified yourself. Still like shooting spitballs...
                  "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

Agree on the G40 so far. Didn't seem to do any significant damage to air targets due to cone of fire and slow ROF. Also pretty useless against infantry as the cone of fire prevents accurate targeting and the barrel will not depress far enough to engage inf on flat ground within about 200 meters. On the plus side the barrel will elevate to fully vertical. I'll practice with it some more but I prefer the flexibility of the Basilisk currently.

Comment

I've been thinking about going back to the Basilisk for some odd reason. It's well-rounded, effective, and multipurpose. I still got that C-85 modified cannon thinking that type of 'flak cannon' would be much better against infantry.

"Certainly, being bombarded with 105 millimeter shells is bad. But the knowledge that you've armed your enemy thus, with your sloth and your ineptitude, unfolds in the heart like a poison." Tycho from Penny Arcade in reference to the nuke in MW2

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X