Road Map Goodies

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [INFO] Road Map Goodies

Just a highlight of some of the cooler stuff in the roadmap. My personal thoughts on each in the quotes.

April - New Continent: Hossin
    http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/i...-hossin.83010/
    Really excited for a new continent, possible downside is a further spreading out of the players as each new continent open up another 2000 players per server. Might entail possible server mergers to keep continents full.
    March - Continent Locking
    http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/i...locking.82996/
    A clear effort to push meta game, waiting to see how they do it.
    February - VR Training Area
    http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/i...ng-area.82982/
    A feature from PS1, was very helpful for trying out weapons in a secure environment.
    June - New Vehicle: Buggy
    http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/i...e-buggy.83060/
    Sounds awesome, and a better option for small and or fast squad movement. I hope these will be spawn able at the flash/sunderer terminals.
    June - Vehicle Zoning
    http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/i...-zoning.83046/
    Anothe feature from PS1. You load up your galaxy to find that your intended target is gone. You look at the map and find out the fight is at another continent. Rather than have everyone bail out and reform on the new continent. You can now fly your full galaxy into the warp stream and all 12 of you will appear at the other continent still in the galaxy.
    April - Interlink Facility
    http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/i...acility.83011/
    More varied bases!!!
    March - Player Generated Missions
    http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/i...issions.82992/
    This could either be really good or a terrible mistake. Most likely will be both.
    March - Implants
    http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/i...mplants.82986/
    Another PS1 goodie, ad implants to your player that give very specific benifits

Re: Road Map Goodies

The VR Training would be great. Would be even better if outfits could maybe have instanced areas? Would suck doing a TGU course and finding a few trolls along the way.

Comment

I love the VR training idea. I'm kind of hoping for an X-Men training facility or DBZ hyperbolic time chamber kind of look.

I wonder if they will start considering consolidating servers. Is there a way to pull up how many players are on at one time?

Comment

Something else I just saw them talk about in the video that john posted-- they are going to bring a cert for Galaxies where they will be squad spawnable. They won't have to be deployed, you can spawn while it's in the air. But it won't be empire spawnable, so it doesn't bring the bad mechanics that the AMS Galaxies had.

Comment

Really? Great news... even if it pulls away the need for landing... :/

Comment

Gal AMS was only a problem in the PS2 Beta because you could cap anything anywhere without influence. With influence, and the hex system, that makes that argument void. Now its just a more mobile version of a sunderer, while still just as bulky, unwieldy, and vulnerable as an air vehicle. It has its pros and cons and the fact the only mobile spawn abilities comes from either beacons or sunderers is too short sighted.

These Things We Do... That Other's May Live

Comment

Originally posted by Serjikal View Post
              Gal AMS was only a problem in the PS2 Beta because you could cap anything anywhere without influence. With influence, and the hex system, that makes that argument void. Now its just a more mobile version of a sunderer, while still just as bulky, unwieldy, and vulnerable as an air vehicle. It has its pros and cons and the fact the only mobile spawn abilities comes from either beacons or sunderers is too short sighted.
              I agree that the Sunderer should not be the 'go-to' way of troop deployment. It should rather be a spanner in a tool box of deployment. I love the Spawn Beacon, and Al's fully certed one opens up a myriad of opportunities to the device and I'd certainly buy into it if I was a squad leader. Thing is that I've always disliked the blanket faction spawn mechanic @ 50 Certs that everyone has. Its too homogenized and too simple and it narrows the overall metagame and what the common strategies are. Too often you will see a platoon, or even a squad, running four Sunderers through a choke knowing one can survive and deploy.

Beyond this there is an inherent ridiculousness between how easy the Sunderer AMS is to obtain and how 'blanket awesome' it is and the generic Spawn Beacon and how many certs must be used to make it a truly important asset that still never can reach the impact of the Sunderer-AMS. Even the inclusion of the 'Galaxy Squad AMS' would have a larger impact than a squad beacon. In fact it almost all but replaces it.

AMS Galaxies, ones which would deploy, would bring all the issues that the large stint of VASTLY disproportionate Air-Superiority brought us with the Liberator Pwn-Strikes but in a constant infantry flow. I am actually quite worried about how the game would change if Liberators could even have people spawn inside while in flight... it could replace the need for Sunderers in organized outfit play which would mandate superior AA blockades... but if one considers a drop like GORT utilized on us during the Empire Showdown and ties in the power of constant spawning of players... quite quickly the Airborne Assault sees a renaissance.

I think you would be quite happy with the Gal-AMS(s).

====

This road map and the MDMI video put into perspective how expansive this game is and how sure they must be when adding a feature or mechanic that it would not cause a shock to the playerbase as the metagame inevitably shifts to accommodate the new playstyles.

Comment

We'll see it the way it has been used in the BF series a lot. The Gal pilot goes up to the flight ceiling and people can just continuously spawn and drop.

What does the fully certed spawn beacon do?

Comment

Fully certified Spawn Beacon has a recharge time of about a minute. Basically its a constant stream of reinforcements... something I frankly would want changed in a few years...

The one key difference between this and BF though is the general strength of the Gal to all forms of attack and the sheer volume of Gals potentially mustered.

Comment

I never liked Gal AMS even with the influence changes because it allows you to bypass coordinated ground defenses. But if its squad only, I guess thats alright. Not sure I like the idea of being able to spawn in it midair... Just imagine the enclave hovering over a base with 25 gals at flight ceiling, constantly respawning troops that drop right on the OBJ over and over again.
                    May you be covered in the dust of your Rabbi.

Comment

I thought spawning in the galaxy was only for deploy-on-SL. So it would reset your instant action timer, same as a pod-drop, and not show up on the deployment map. That would make it a spawn point, but not a RE-spawn point.

Obviously, an organized outfit could keep cycling people into a squad to make use of the instant action feature, but if you have time and energy for that you can just load up another galaxy.
                      In game handle: Steel Scion
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Steeler View Post
                        I thought spawning in the galaxy was only for deploy-on-SL. So it would reset your instant action timer, same as a pod-drop, and not show up on the deployment map. That would make it a spawn point, but not a RE-spawn point.

Obviously, an organized outfit could keep cycling people into a squad to make use of the instant action feature, but if you have time and energy for that you can just load up another galaxy.
                        Well it's not implemented yet. Is that what you're talking about? It was just one or two sentences from Higby in a video. So I may have not gotten the exact details right. It sounded like it would work more like a Sunderer spawn. But I may have misunderstood and it could be more like an instant action with a timer-- is that what you were saying?

I think they also wanted to use it to make mobilizing not take as long. If you've got one straggler on another continent and the squad is loaded up on a Gal and you're sitting there waiting for another few minutes waiting for that guy... in the meantime another guy joins and you're waiting.. etc., etc. So this makes it easier for the squad to go ahead and mobilize and then the other guys can just spawn on them. That was how I understood it. When I get a chance, I'll try to find that spot in the video.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X