What would you spend money on?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would you spend money on?

Here is the questions, if you were going to spend money on one item per class what would it be and why?

Heavy Assault, NC Annihilator. This rocket loses some damage and dumb fire ability, but allows you to lock onto both ground and air targets. Along with your standard dumb fire "Shrike" This I believe represents the most versatility and most bang for the buck for the Heavy Assault Class.

Re: What would you spend money on?

My character is setup as Medic/Reaver Pilot/Squad Lead Sunderer. I bought the GR-22 and it's setup for Short to Med range, with Holo, foregrip and silencer. My Reaver has all the weapons unlocked, for both air and ground support. Sunder has all but one weapon unlocked, AMS Certed. Those three areas are where my Certs will be focused. I bought the second burster for Max and then they got nerf batted. I kinda hope they will give out a free reCert when it goes live, spent some stuff on things that I now see are a waste.
    sigpic

Comment

The game is live...
      Viking

Comment

Originally posted by DaViking View Post
        The game is live...
        Is there a point to this statement?

Comment

I think Viking misunderstood Xen's statement:

Originally posted by Xen View Post
          ...snip

I kinda hope they will give out a free reCert when it goes live, spent some stuff on things that I now see are a waste.
          I assume Xen was referring to when Game Update 2 goes live.

As far as spending money on an item, I agree with John's buying the Annihilator. Arguably the best bang for the buck with a Heavy Assault.

I've spent SC on quite a few items, mostly vehicle weapons. I think, as far as spending SC on a vehicle weapon, the best bang for the buck is getting the Zephyr 105 mm cannon on the Liberator. Hell, even the 150 mm Dalton is better than that god-awful Shredder.

For a MAX get either a second Burster or a second Scattercannon. Although, running with the default Scattercannon and Falcon loadout does a good job of ripping through infantry and lightly armored targets (ie. other MAX units)

sigpic

Comment

Yeah, I was referring to Xen's statement. The game is live. Additionally, most games do not refund certs for skill changes unless the whole class has been revamped. Later down the road, there may be cert refunds for a class when the class revamps occur.

I think my next major purchase may be the Hawk (HA's AA missile). It seems to be the most effective AA right now. The Annihilator doesn't scare Lib pilots that much.

For the medic class, upgrading your medigun is the best thing to do. It isn't really a new weapon but it seems like it. I can revive people almost instantly now. The Revive Grenade is pretty cool and can be a lot of fun. The standard NC medic rifle with the Forward Grip seems pretty good, so I doubt I'll purchase a new gun.
            Last edited by DaViking; 02-01-2013, 05:36 PM.
            Viking

Comment

Rolling with the Engineer 75% of the time, so maxes out his abilities and the gun that was purchased. The rest of the time is split between heavy assault and max, just simple abilities there. Certs is different then money and literally the only thing I have spent cash on has been the 7 day experience boosts...
              "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

Cert Reset I will gladly pay money for, however I hope its introduced sooner than the Roadmap suggests. Once that comes, and if the new Vanguard tank changes do come into effect, most likely the AP turret and Enforcer. Maybe the Piston shotgun to.

These Things We Do... That Other's May Live

Comment

I typically buy what is on sale. With tripled SC, and 50% off for a daily/weekly deal, makes items incredibly cheap.

Comment

I am very stingy with SC now that my Alpha Squad SC is all but gone.

I actually spent 20$ on two $12.00 Walmart SC cards and came away with $72 on TC day. Got to say that my disappointment in some aspects of the game completely stalled my plans to spend the SC on PS2 immediately. The roadmap now gives me some hope however I have some significant issues with how the shop operates and how 'border-line' P2W it is.

It wouldn't be much of an issue but I actually saved 1000c to get a weapon just to see how it 'felt'. Man... comparing all the play time (and stock piling of 'Passive Cert') its a bit silly to not buy the item if you have spare cash! My contention is that effectively large sections of the game are cost prohibitive to many players and that can't simply allow for a balanced game... Add in fact that weapons are nearly always 'base-line' 7$ or 1000c no matter 'utility' (Scattershot = Hacksaw wut?) and I am almost demanding a PS2 shop revamp... (and weapon cert cost readjustment).

In anycase all aside the Roadmap and recent Dev output has re-kindled some desire to spend some small money on their game past the 40 I already have. With that in mind I was thinking on the following:

-Burster Max (increased Infantry Damage makes this an easy concept)
                    -Annihilator (lock on tone does more to scare Ground and Air than the actual missiles)
                    -Decimator!!!! (that thing packs a punch! wish it came with a sight to allow better trajectory prediction)
                    -SMG (simple)
                    -Flamethrower!!! (when it happens! FEAR MY HACKTHROWER COMBO)
                    -Sunderer Grenade Launcher
                    -Vehicle Stuff

All in all though I realize I don't need everything cause I can't do everything all the time. So... in a way I'm completely happy with not needing to spend Certs or Station cash on most unlocks... but the necessary ones are:

Vehicles
                    AP or Heat Lightning (HE got nerfed, not thrilled bout it)
                    Reaver A2A missile or Missile pods (I used certs I think as they are cheap)

Weapons
                    Decimator (CQC powerhouse and just all around awesome against armor)
                    Annihilator (you NEED that AA ability if only to scare them)
                    Burster ( '' )
                    Hacksaw ( Only 'need' one. Hacksaw + Scatter Shot combo is more than enough! 14$ is a bit expensive for the dual Hacksaw combo, even sale at 3.50 each and its not really needed... you are just paying for 'OVERKILL' and 'AMMO WASTE' Imo)
                    Shadow ( Scout Rifle is imperative for the Infiltrator to meet his goals! No idea why its $7 to get the gun that makes you actually useful)
                    Pistol (Not like you need huge clips, besides you are an NC and in CQC you know how to aim!)

Comment

Originally posted by UnDeaD View Post
                      I typically buy what is on sale. With tripled SC, and 50% off for a daily/weekly deal, makes items incredibly cheap.
                      Same, I scored 3 cards for Xmas and cashed in for triple SC. I still buy conservatively.

No-regrets, completely satisfied, would shop there again:

Gauss Compact S (with underbarrel grenade) - just a damn useful weapon for LA and Eng.

GD-22S - CQ Heavy
                      EM6 (with HV ammo, scope, grip, compensator) - medium/long Heavy

Longshot - Does what it says on the tin.

Hacksaw + Mattock - "Meatgrinder" loadout: A nice combo of full auto short and single shot medium.
                      In game handle: Steel Scion
                      sigpic

Comment

I find the infantry standard weapons are pretty good. Most important non-stock weapons are, in my opinion:

1) One of the 100mm guns for the Lightning (they're all excellent, 75mm is terrible)

2) 105mm Zephyr or 150mm Dalton for Liberator (both excellent, shredder is terrible)

3) Second Burster or Scattershot/Mattock/Hacksaw for MAX (much more effective when specc'd in one role)

4) Lock on Rockets for HA (any one is excellent)

5) AA Missiles / Breaker Rockets for Reaver (if you're into that sort of thing)
                        Teamwork and Tactics are OP

Strait /strāt/ (Noun) A narrow passage of water connecting two seas or two large areas of water: "the Northumberland Strait".

Comment

Originally posted by DaViking View Post
                          I think my next major purchase may be the Hawk (HA's AA missile). It seems to be the most effective AA right now. The Annihilator doesn't scare Lib pilots that much.
                          The Hawk doesn't really scare Libs, either. Most either have flares or are high enough in the sky, you can't lock on. Looking back, I should have gotten the Annihilator so that I'd have the flexibility to go from targeting tanks to targeting air without an equipment change.

"Certainly, being bombarded with 105 millimeter shells is bad. But the knowledge that you've armed your enemy thus, with your sloth and your ineptitude, unfolds in the heart like a poison." Tycho from Penny Arcade in reference to the nuke in MW2

Comment

My Lib can take about 4-5 Annihilator rounds, but only 2 Hawk rounds. A Lib having flares and being high are issues with both weapons.

The Annihilator is nice when you have a couple people with you targetting the same enemy. Otherwise, I think it does too little damage by itself. I find I do well enough dumb firing rocket to deal with armor (except long range),
                            Viking

Comment

Numerical damage stats for the rockets: (as far as we can tell)

Decimator Dumbfire: 2000

Faction Dumbfire: 1700

Faction AA Lockon: 1500

Faction AV Lockon: 1500

Annihalator AA/AV Lockon: 1150
                              Teamwork and Tactics are OP

Strait /strāt/ (Noun) A narrow passage of water connecting two seas or two large areas of water: "the Northumberland Strait".

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X