Hotfix today 2/5/2013

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [ANNOUNCEMENT] Hotfix today 2/5/2013

No notes yet, but received a ingame message that it should help with the stuttering issues that came in with Update 2. Patch was client side only so servers are still up.

Re: Hotfix today 2/5/2013

The update (hotfix) was about 62Mb in size.... curious to see what it fixes.
    |TG-88th| DaddyOfThree

Comment

I hh h hoh hop ho hope ii it w wor works!
      sigpic

Comment

Performance wise, everything seemed great last night. Frame rates were excellent all around and there was no discernable lag from the infantry side of things. Has anyone been involved in a major armor battle yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Assault9 View Post
          Performance wise, everything seemed great last night. Frame rates were excellent all around and there was no discernable lag from the infantry side of things. Has anyone been involved in a major armor battle yet?
          No noticeable stuttering anymore.

Comment

I got plenty of stuttering. Guess I should flush my .ini and try again.
            |TG-6th|Belhade
            "I am actually looking forward to watching Jon and Kate plus 8." - Dirtboy

Comment

Frames rates and performance is back to normal now.
              sigpic

Comment

I still get some stuttering. Not sure if its lag enduced, client side, or on their end, but i'll be walking normally, and then I'll just see every air/ground vehicle and infantry start clipping across the sky/ground back and forth. really annoying.

These Things We Do... That Other's May Live

Comment

Originally posted by Belhade View Post
                  I got plenty of stuttering. Guess I should flush my .ini and try again.
                  Update: I did just this last night. Removed my UserOptions.ini and started game. Default graphics were almost all set to High. My game ran almost perfectly. No lag, no clipping, no warping, no stuttering. I was getting a solid 20-25 FPS in battle - this includes an armor column, then mass infantry battle at Camp Collins. I've never seen this game look so good - and it was a nighttime battle, too! Previously I'd set everything to Low options, or turned off, since my system is on the lower end of the specs - but turning it all back on and cranked up worked great. We're talking a Phenom II x4, nVidia 460GTX 76mb, and 4GB RAM.
                  |TG-6th|Belhade
                  "I am actually looking forward to watching Jon and Kate plus 8." - Dirtboy

Comment

Always flush your .ini after every update. :P

We learned that from back in beta, where performance was... well, catastrophic really.
                    Teamwork and Tactics are OP

Strait /strāt/ (Noun) A narrow passage of water connecting two seas or two large areas of water: "the Northumberland Strait".

Comment

could you describe this further strait?

These Things We Do... That Other's May Live

Comment

Originally posted by Serjikal View Post
                        could you describe this further strait?
                        You'll want to find your UserOptions.ini file in your Planetside 2 directory and delete it. When the game starts up again it'll reconstitute the file automatically and take into account any updates as part of the patches that have been released. Keep in mind that you'll have to reset several options like mouse sensitivity, scope and sprint toggles and a few other options when you start PS2 up again as all that will have been lost after you delete the file. Your keybindings and other settings won't be affected though.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X