Kudos to Our Leaders

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kudos to Our Leaders

Just a quick nod to GrizzleFist for excellent platoon leading yesterday afternoon.

Feel free to use this thread for other brief shout outs to our leaders.
    sigpic

Re: Kudos to Our Leaders

Good idea E-Male!

Thanks to our regular PL's: Al, Daddy, and YT (and JohnF on occasion, welcome back!). Thanks for always stepping up!

I'd also like to give a shout-out to FireStormU for PL'ing a couple of days ago. Way to step up and lead!, even though he's very new to the Outfit.

sigpic

Comment

Thanks back for being a reliable squad member who I could rely on to man a Sunderor.

Same time, gotta give my thanks to Daddy for leading a large platoon last night full for several hours and doing everything possible to have us all work together and be as effective as we could be against TE and their overwhelming numbers, and bunny hopping.

Comment

Thanks very much to all PLs and SLs who step up each and every day to lead us to victory against the Vanu and TR scum :D All your efforts are greatly appreciated by all us grunts.

Comment

It's a lot more enjoyable running with fellow TG'ers than just swinging it alone... I'm really excited to see some new names and old ones stepping up to help out when the regulars start to burn out.

Cheers!
          |TG-88th| DaddyOfThree

Comment

We've seen a lot of new people stepping up, and they all did very very well I feel.

We have many people that can be great platoon leaders. The only thing that seems to be holding people back some, is having too much self doubt.

After possibly consulting the platoon, and then making a decision, it is always the right decision ;). Seriously! It is.

Comment

Great comments everybody and thanks to the folks that step up to lead in game.

Originally posted by BigGaayAl View Post
              We have many people that can be great platoon leaders. The only thing that seems to be holding people back some, is having too much self doubt.
              Platoon leading can seem quite intimidating. I don't have a ton of hours in the PL seat but personally, I've found running a platoon to be easier than running a squad because I'm only giving general orders/assignments/locations to the SLs and then it's their job to coordinate the peeps and execute. So, theoretically, you're not really running all 48 players, just the 4 SLs you have under you. When I think about platoon leading in this way, it becomes much less of a daunting task.

Comment

I'd like to send out a great big TG shout out to 3 of our newest members: 00DonkeyNC2, Brasileiro, and DoctorUndead. These three had the intestinal fortitude to step and and lead a squad today. Heck, DoctorUndead lead the platoon for a short while before he was called away.

Thanks for stepping up guys!

sigpic

Comment

Yep good work. We can all feel at times they are new to the community, and as such it is our reponsibility too to help them get to know our customs. I certainly sense a lot of goodwill in the new recruits, and we should try not to squander that.

It is a very nice surprise to see many very new additions to the community step up. Usually (in other games) people take a more laid-back attitude at first. With the scale of this game we can sure use the help!

Comment

Whoops, I was so excited at seeing new members stepping up that I forgot to mention some of our old timers that have been leading!

Thanks to E-Male, phelah (I'm sure I just murdered your name :o), DaddyofThree, and Toddshooter!

sigpic

Comment

Thanks Mindkill and thanks to all who step up to lead. I have a question as to last nights ops. Was I too chatty as PL or not enough? I felt I talked a bit too much and tried to micromanage a bit too much. Was I in the SL faces more than I needed too be?

Please let me know so I can improve.

Thanks Todd
                      sigpic

Comment

Toddshooter,

you were doing so well last night that I wrote your name down on a sticky note to remind me to say thanks!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Toddshooter View Post
                          Thanks Mindkill and thanks to all who step up to lead. I have a question as to last nights ops. Was I too chatty as PL or not enough? I felt I talked a bit too much and tried to micromanage a bit too much. Was I in the SL faces more than I needed too be?

Please let me know so I can improve.

Thanks Todd
                          I say embrace your own style, but next to that, I'd say the more the squads have individual roles and seperate positions, the less PL should use PLVOIP. The more the platoon is together fighting as a single unit, the more using PLVOIP becomes more effective imo.

Comment

Although I only squad leaded for about 30-45min (i had to go), Thank you e-male for making it easy! You gave concise orders, made the SL job much easier.

And thank you for throwing me in the position, i wouldn't have found out i love SL'ing so much if you hadnt!
                            |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

Xen was PL for a while around 11 pm EST tonight. I watch and participated as we executed an awesome line formation attack with armour and orchestrated a leap-frog maneuver, Charlie squad moving tanks from Alpha's right to Alpha's left as we moved the column up and around the ridge, all of which lead to a splendid assault. Nice job of dividing the PL into two units a/b & c/d (two squads each) and hitting various flanks.

Kudos!
                              sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...