Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reporting in!

Evening all,

I hope everyone's well. I'm returning to TG after a 5 year hiatus. I used to play lots of BF:PoE and BF:PR, with 1st MIPS - with E-Male, Jeepo, BigGayAal, Grunt and the rest (I see a few of you guys here, good to see some of the old faces - if you don't remember this name, that's because I used to play under the tag 7ShadesOSin). I quit after everyone moved to ArmA and I didn't have the hardware to cope, but I've just recently acquired a machine of such power it makes me quiver just to touch it!

So...I'm returning in the hope of getting back into some seriously tactical, organised and FUN gaming, at the place I know it's best. I'm starting out on PS2 because after spending two days playing large-scale space battles, I'm pretty much addicted, and I can see it has massive potential for TG-style gameplay. I think I love it. I also tried ArmA II but made the evidently bad decision to purchase it (and OA) from Steam, and I'm having no end of problems (after two days I haven't even been able to get into an MP server!).

PS2's a big game to get in to though, and I have to say I'm only mediocre right now. I'm a bit confused by some of the map icons, for which there seems to be no key, and I'm wondering how you guys manage to arrange TG teams given the number of faction/server combinations...is there one I should be aiming for? I think I like Terran Republic, but as to which server...?! As always, happy to play medic/support/transport for the team's needs while I pick things up.

Are you all using Teamspeak? I don't have voice right now, this being a new rig, but it's only a matter of days.

Anyway - looking forward to hooking up with you guys on the Battlefield, there are some good times ahead with this game, I think...

Until then: loyalty until death, strength in unity!!!
    Perfer et obdura; dolor hic tibi proderit olim - Ovid

Re: Reporting in!

Good to see you again, Tiger!

TG plays on the Mattherson server as a NC (blue) outfit. We manage to field 2 to 4 squads in a platoon almost every night, and I suspect we will be seeing multiple TG platoons within a year or so.

The gang will explain all the details!
    sigpic

Comment

Evening E-Male! How's things? Good to see you're a very active (the most active?!) member still. It's good to be back. I'll see you on Mattherson!

Comment

The officers and admins at TG are doing all the heavy lifting. I just operate the camera and talk trash.
        sigpic

Comment

Welcome back T1GER.

Dillweed shared some map icons with us. The first one is air vehicle ammo.

The best way to hook up your TG brethren and sistren is by joining our in game Outfit. We're over 180 members currently. Here's a link to the application form. The Outfit SOPs are here.

Looking forward to seeing you on the field.

Comment

Many thanks P.Drona. I have most of those icons figured out - but it's been guesswork (there's not a Wiki or manual that covers this stuff in sight!) and still is. I'm still not sure how attacking a large base works, but I'm getting there and I'll get there. I assume the shield icons are the generators? What about the icon that looks like a "house" (square with bevelled top corners) with an upwards arrow inside it?

I wish there was a better manual/Wiki for all this, but it seems they're pretty thin on the ground.

Anyway, application in. I just came back from a quick session on Mattherson and was lucky enough to drop into a TG squad. It's amazing how quickly the game changes with a bit of communication and planning, even if it is just for a 20-strong Flash race across the dessert!!!

Comment

Welcome, welcome (back)!

Comment

hey tiger! i havent been on in a couple weeks (took a break for some other games) but ill be back! Cant wait to play with you and the gang
                |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

Originally posted by T1GERT1GER View Post
                  I wish there was a better manual/Wiki for all this, but it seems they're pretty thin on the ground.
                  Have you seen this wiki.

http://planetside.wikia.com/wiki/PlanetSide_2_Wiki

Comment

Welcome back to TG, Tiger!

I did a quick and dirty list of the HUD icons, complete with images. You can find it here.

sigpic

Comment

Ah, Mindkill - exactly what I'm looking for! Good man.

Mojay, I've seen the Wiki, but I'm not sure that covers the icons Mindkill's set out, but I could be wrong - however, it's a great resource and I'm studying it now, since I don't quite get the mechanics of base capture (in a nutshell, disable all shields, get in, disable the spawn gen and then take over the points A, B, C?!). This is a complex game but that's why I'm loving it, I just need some more time spent on Terra Virtua...

Comment

7ShadesOSin... there's a name I haven't seen in a long time...

Welcome back!
                        It matters not what letters or numbers come before my name, I'll always be 1stMIP.

sigpic

"It is all about being a teamplayer. Give a kitchen sink to a teamplayer and he'll find a way to support his squad with it."
                        - John_CANavar (Marshall & Founder of the 1st Mechanized Infantry Platoon)

Comment

Finestyle! It's been a long time man. It's good to be back here, I have a genuine smile on my face!

Still carrying that sig pic, huh? I did message the admins to see if I could resurrect my old tag, but no response as yet (take note, admins!).

Are you playing PS2? I haven't seen you around.

Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by T1GERT1GER View Post

Are you playing PS2? I haven't seen you around.
                            I've been playing since the start of beta, had to take a few weeks out just before end of beta and after release but I'm BR 58 atm I think. So yeah, I've been playing a bit :P

I flew ESF's a lot during beta and got pretty decent at that but since release I've mostly been playing as infantry.
                            It matters not what letters or numbers come before my name, I'll always be 1stMIP.

sigpic

"It is all about being a teamplayer. Give a kitchen sink to a teamplayer and he'll find a way to support his squad with it."
                            - John_CANavar (Marshall & Founder of the 1st Mechanized Infantry Platoon)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X