Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hotfix 2/13

Players may note the following changes:

Alpha Squad boosts were regranted with full six months and extra bonus to resources and experience. All Alpha Squad players must re-equip the new boost.
    Depot – New Mana Anti-Vehicle Turret available for purchase.
    Light Assault – Fixed a bug where jump jet cert progression would not properly
    Invulnerability for revived players has been removed
    Effect added to help indicate temporary invulnerability on respawn
    Membership status window should correctly display loyalty level
    Missiles locked on to the vehicle in flight will again provide audio/visual indicators
    Fixing descriptions of the Mosquito M14 Banshee magazine certs

I'm happy they added a full 6 months back, and re-granted my Alpha boost. I lost it about a day after the game launched. I've been waiting for the freakin' Mana AV turret!

Re: Hotfix 2/13

Mana AV Turret? Cool!
    Viking

Comment

I just bought Anti-Tank mines a few days ago so that I'd have an option when I came up against armor as an engineer that didn't involve changing classes...

Comment

Yay, missiles fixed! As someone else put it, no more "hand-of-god" moments.

It's interesting that they took out the revive invulnerability. Too many players immediately said SOE don't listen, I think they just don't do kneejerk reactions.

AV turret? When's the AA turret?

Originally posted by Airaphaile View Post
        I just bought Anti-Tank mines a few days ago so that I'd have an option when I came up against armor as an engineer that didn't involve changing classes...
        You could just leave the mines somewhere and get random kills ages later (I like the "it's been so long I don't remember where they were" moments).

Alternatively, sneaking up on sunderers with AT mines will probably still be more effective than dropping a turret and having all the enemies shoot back at you.

|TG-Irr| MrJengles - You know you want to say it out loud.

Comment

All good changes honestly. I'm interested in the mana turret now as I've been playing engineer a little more lately.

These Things We Do... That Other's May Live

Comment

Originally posted by Serjikal View Post
            All good changes honestly. I'm interested in the mana turret now as I've been playing engineer a little more lately.
            Myies and I tested it out a bit this afternoon GMT. Slow moving, guided rocket (follows your crosshairs) with a long range. Against a Vanguard, damage was about 20% front, 30% side and 50% rear. You can sort of guide it around corners.

Here's someone testing it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDBI8...ature=youtu.be

Comment

Another reason to play Engineer?

That class can do way too much. They need to start making you actually choose between the turret and the ammo.

Comment

Disagree, incentives to play engineer are good, facilitates teamwork through vehicle maintenance. I personally only use the kit a reasonable amount of time, preferring HA, LA, MEDIC etc. Engy isn't op, turrets are static and I have probably been killed by one literally a handful of times. On the other hand I have knocked countless engies into the ground in thanks for them standing nice and still for me. For me Engy is a nice support kit role and has the right tools to facilitate teamwork amongst the other roles.

If you mention 'meta game' in any response I may ban you:row__536:

Comment

Originally posted by Wicks View Post
                  Disagree, incentives to play engineer are good, facilitates teamwork through vehicle maintenance. I personally only use the kit a reasonable amount of time, preferring HA, LA, MEDIC etc. Engy isn't op, turrets are static and I have probably been killed by one literally a handful of times. On the other hand I have knocked countless engies into the ground in thanks for them standing nice and still for me. For me Engy is a nice support kit role and has the right tools to facilitate teamwork amongst the other roles.

If you mention 'meta game' in any response I may ban you:row__536:
                  I love the engie. It is literally the most versatile kit and it grants you so many points in support roles from the (unlimited) ammo pack, anti personel mines, anti tank mines, anti-infantry deployables, anti-armor deployables (with unlimited ammo and crazy damage + accuracy), oh and an underbarrel grenade launcher, and the ability to be the MAX's best friend.

Personally its way too versatile compared to all the other classes.

It creates an homogenized Supra-Game.

EDIT: Also... does no one see how devestating this is to the already tenuous Armor v Infantry dynamic? I mean Lock-On missiles are bad enough... but TOW missiles that change direction on a dime, give no warning (like Lock-On do), have no counter, like Lock-On do...

Seriously... they've just out AT'd the HA.
                  Last edited by Ytman; 02-13-2013, 07:11 PM.

Comment

it is quite easy to get shot off of and it can be destroy easily as well.
                    Viking

Comment

Yea I'm with wicks on this one, engys definitely needed this buff and have been calling for it for a while. Both LA/HA are better at taking out vehicles than you (accessibility/range) unless its static road mines. Ammo is a side thought since its a static placement, and more often the not you become a MAXs best friend, babysitting him while he gets the kills. The inf turret was pretty much a snipers/HA/tanks wet dream/guaranteed kill if you stayed on it past the first hit.

It's a class that has immense utility but suffers from the jack of all trades/master of none paradigm. The AV turret now is like in PR, where this gives them more of an area denial ability to choke off avenues of entry/escape and really contibute more to the attack/defense rather than being my HA's personal ammo whore.

Originally posted by Ytman View Post
                      Also... does no one see how devestating this is to the already tenuous Armor v Infantry dynamic? I mean Lock-On missiles are bad enough... but TOW missiles that change direction on a dime, give no warning (like Lock-On do), have no counter, like Lock-On do...
                      Seriously... they've just out AT'd the HA.
                      I don't know, I'd rather have them be wire guided than lockon as now they are exposed the whole way through to impact, giving me the chance to kill them whereas lockons are fire/forget. The missile speed also looks really slow compared to regular AT alternatives, giving me a chance to evade. They're also stationary the whole time. It's kind of a downgrade now that I think about it. Also, until they fixing the railing on the walls, I don't believe you can shoot over them with turrets.

Comment

They are going to nerf the mana turret let me tell you that now :p. it's a wire guided missile, it's very accurate at very long range AND can track the target manually.

I've killed lots of infantry with it in half an hour of play. Not sure if it was because of the splash, or whether I was scoring direct hits on infantry. Either way direct hits aren't too hard on e.g. snipers.

So they will probably nerf the splash radius or damage to infantry. it's better than the gunturret against infantry imo. it doesn't have the huge flashy shoot-me-now-shield. It's way more accurate and can deal more damage to infantry especially if bunched up.

This weapon is not in it's final state. Love it atm though :P!

Comment

As is expected unfortunately. I have yet to see one vehicle, working as intended.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X