This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [INFO] TeamSpeak 3 Usage Request

In an effort to help build the Planetside 2 community within Tactical Gamer, the Administration team would like to make a request of you. What we would like, quite simply, is for you to log into the Ps2 TS channel before you fire up the game.

This has multiple benefits that also extend beyond the title:-

- It allows people to see how many others from the outfit are playing PS2 at any one time. This obviously promotes more people playing, you log in and see 20 people playing, good times ahead.

- It promotes a sense of community. TeamSpeak gives TG a real sense of physical place. It lets people look around and see people in other channels and see what we offer as a community, it shows their friends online, it allows them to meet new people, it promotes curiosity in both the other titles and the IHS's etc which in turn drives Supporting Memberships.

- It makes TG a place to hang out

- It promotes communication, at all levels. It gives them access to Outfit officers, Admins, Game Officers, Site Administration and most importantly...friends. It adds value to being part of TG in PS2.

So, whaddya say? Hop in TS and help make TG the place to be!
    Last edited by P.Drona; 02-18-2013, 10:13 AM.

sigpic

Re: TeamSpeak 3 Usage Request

Yes please! Plus it makes it easy to keep comms going when the voip problems creep up.
    Viking

Comment

While we are on it, can we also set up a decent comm-structure likewise? One that facilitates leading and gives squaddies room to make transmissions without being afraid of overcrowding the comms immediately...

Comment

Originally posted by Evilhardt View Post
        While we are on it, can we also set up a decent comm-structure likewise? One that facilitates leading and gives squaddies room to make transmissions without being afraid of overcrowding the comms immediately...
        In game voip works best in most situations. As a SM talk talk talk I say... in squad. Using TS3 as a primary method to communicate within a squad is a great way to isolate the 'non-outfit-members'. Now if we ever get enough people to do a pure TG op sure thing!

Comment

Well, I would say use TS for inter-leader comms to take away traffic form the platoon channel. That has no negative effect for 'non-outfit-members' what so ever. In addition TS would allow for fireteams. As in fireteams only outfit members would cooperate and communicate anyway, the fireteam specific comms would just get removed form the squad comms. So also this had no negative effects for those 'non-outfit-members', as squad comss only get cleaner but squad wide relevant information still is broadcast in squad channel.

Comment

All communication concerning in game activities are to be conducted using the in game VoIP system.

It's the opinion of the Administration that allowing non-outfit members to hear the level of tactical and strategic communication we utilize, will entice like-minded gamers to join our outfit and swell the ranks of Tactical Gamer overall.

If, at any time, communication seems cluttered with useless or irrelevant chatter, simply request that comms be cleared. If the 'offender' refuses to clear comms, send me a PM with the details and I will take care of it. I also encourage all Outfit members to re-read the SOP's concerning Contact Reports, SITREPS, cc acknoledgements, and the phonetic NATO alphabet. When used properly, these SOP's will help keep comms clear and concise.

With that said, using TS for inter-leader communication for an Outfit only event might be a great idea. I suggest setting up such an event, where you will be the one determining the SOP's and details of said event.

sigpic

Comment

Maybe they misjudged how unwell this might turn out. And apparently it turned out to not work too well.
              Whilst the idea behind, to get more players more quickly, of course is easily accessible let me point out this:

You cannot attract gamers that are like-minded to you when you present yourself in a way, that does not represent your own mindedness correctly.

Better coordination represents TG better than not so good coordination I would assume. Maybe the approach must be improved. Certainly there is a solution that does both – allow teamplay to live up to what we expect of it (r at least more than what we have atm) and also integrate non-outfit-members.

Comment

While I agree that comms clutter needs to be addressed, this thread is not the place for that discussion. As stated in my OP, the request for Outfit members to be in TS is solely for helping to build our community, nothing else. Therefore, I am locking this thread.

Please start a new thread with your ideas and/or grievances, and we can get a proper dialog going.

Also, thank you for being concerned and offering suggestions on how address the problem. Community members stepping up and respectfully discussing issues that arise are part of what makes TG the place to be.

sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X