Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The new guy!

HEY EVERYONE!
    First things first, as you can see i got my forum stuff up and running right this time instead of yesterdays debacle of facebook trying to sign in for me over and over and thus failing to register me. That said, i'd just like to thank ALL OF YOU for two things, (A.) of course for making me feel SO WELCOME! everyone seems REALLY COOL and ill be on all day everyday since my "employment" allows me such liberty (LoL) anyways that brings me to my second point, which is... (B.) i want to thank ALL OF YOU EVEN MORE FOR BEING SO UNDERSTANDING REGARDING MY DISABILITY! it's taken about 4yrs. almost 5 actually of therapy and ive finally made enough headway to FINALLY not be self-conciouse about telling people what it is i suffer from, which is mostly P.T.S.D. which is why i appologise for talking alot, because the PTSD raises my anxiety ALOT! which is the other part to my disability which was diagnosed as "severe manic-depression with psychotic features. and please dont let the "psychotic features part bother you, it just means i hear voices but they are fairly easy to deal with, and one of the easiest ways to deal with them is, yup! you guessed it, TALKING to other people, cuz if my brain is focused on something in game, those voices cant distract me or attempt to. In fact im what my Doctor calls "HIGH-FUNCTIONING", meaning: you cant tell i have a mental disability unless i actually TELL YOU, and ive noticed over the years that when i dont tell people up front people get pissed at me for talking and i lose friends that way, so as long as you guys just politely remind me to quiet down i WILL ALWAYS listen to your requests and respectfully quiet down for as long as i can. See the hard part for me is, when the voices kick in, which is only a few times per hour, i start to have boat-loads of self-doubt and have to put up with them saying negative stuff ALL the time, so talking to others is the healthiest way (according to both my counselor and my doctor) because it essentially more or less "DEFEATS" the voices at thier own game sort of. And that is why I'm SO GRATEFULL when you guys are polite and let me know im being OVERLY chatty! And PLEASE continue to remind me, because the voices ive gotta put up with make me SO self-conscious and every little bit of social interation helps me ALOT!
    Thanks everyone for being so understanding and if you have any other questions please feel free to ask!
    OH!, and before i forget, another thing i forgot to mention, the voices i have to deal with are mainly triggered by my social-anxieties. Which is GREAT because once i ACTUALLY FEEL like ive gotton to know all of you over the next month or two, my voices will die down almost completely or at LEAST to a more managable level for me. So in other words, i ACTUALLY wont talk alot once i feel comfortable around y'all!
    see you all in game! and like i said, thanks for makin me feel so welcome!

-00Donkey-

P.S.- im sure if i keep thumbing through the forum-topics/threads i'll find the info im looking for, but could someone maybe give me some pointers on leading squads? tonight i took over a squad for a bit and to be honest it was REALLY LATE for the east-coasters since it was midnight here where i live in California, so i KNOW everyone was probably too tired, but other than the one or two TG-Members in the squad, nobody followed a single order once our platoon leader had asked us to fall back to the "Crown," all the way from "Peris-Amp-Station". But like i said, EVERYONE was exhausted cuz' nobody responded to even the platoon leaders requests and we had pushed the TR all the way to their warpgate from ours essentially, and going to the crown meant starting ANOTHER push against the VS. So in conclusion i'd like to learn some tactics and what to get certs in under leadership to be a more EFFECTIVE squad leader instead of just having to repeat myself.... (LoL! "not wanting to repeat myself"...that sounds kind of funny coming from a guy who talks too much!)
    Anyways! G'night all and see yah laters!

Re: The new guy!

Welcome to TG.

It helps to know what you are struggling with (we all have different challenges) -- thank you.

Keep in mind that a tremendous effort is underway here to keep the communication in-game disciplined (under control) and following the general lines of command.

Some things we can all do to develop effective communication in-game:

Stay out of the platoon channel, unless you are a squad leader and even then, keep it VERY brief.

Refrain from excessive chatter in the squad channel -- remember that the comm channel is shared by all your squad mates, and it needs to be available to the squad leader.

Stay silent in the TG Teamspeak channel unless you have something important to say to the game officers.

If you break comm etiquette often you risk being muted by other players, permanently, which means that no one will hear you at all.

Glad to see you in the TG forums!
    sigpic

Comment

Welcome. I had a good game with you last night, and I found that you kept most of your chatter to times when nothing was really happening. Chit-chat between battles, I find, helps foster a sense of community.

You can't make people follow you in-game. Sometimes people do get confused though, and saying their name when you ask a person to do something helps.
      Viking

Comment

Welocome M8

Glad you have gotten all set up on the forums.

As to the comms. Just follow the SOP and all will be fine. You will I'm sure find the right balance between chat and don't chat as eMale has said.
        I sometimes am in a different TS3 sever than TG's while I play. I have a long time group of friends that race iRacing together so it is mostly just for hanging out and chatting. Maybe you should try to find something like this to chat in and then comms in game will stay tight.

I'm glad you confided in us and hope you have a blast in our TG group.

Toddshooter
        sigpic

Comment

Donkey, definitely did an awesome job today as a SL (2/20/13). I worked alongside you, and honestly I didn't see comm's as a big issue. It was a little the first Friday Night fight, but you fixed that, and I don't forsee you having any more problems! Welcome to the brotherhood

These Things We Do... That Other's May Live

Comment

Welcome aboard. Chatting is good and you'll learn what we need to hear and what we don't.

Hint: Enemy 'fastmovers' don't need to be called out every spot ;D

Comment

Indeed, it's always nice to see people stepping up to SL. I was in your squad today and I think you were doing well - even got a couple players interested in TG.

I think people do gravitate towards outfits that make a point of being inclusive by using in-game comms. Of course, we also want to attract people who like enemies being called out and other tactical considerations, so there's a balance as to what things need saying. It's good to leave comms quiet during firefights for people to focus on positioning/shooting, as well as allow quick communication about targets etc. Things happen too suddenly to have chatter that isn't about the current fight. There's a little more lee-way between battles though, say waiting for a fight while defending, or after telling your driver where he's going.

One suggestion: Ask squad mates if they need anything - heals, more friendlies holding/attacking a certain side of the base, or whether they have any important information about the enemy. It's focused, helpful and gives others a good chance to talk.

|TG-Irr| MrJengles - You know you want to say it out loud.

Comment

thanks for the reminders! i hope people notice that im REALLY trying to abide by those coms check's and balances, this morning when i first got in game big-aL had to remind me and i unbound my platoon-chat to make SURE i didnt violate it!, then like 10minutes after that, i ended up stepping up as squad-leader and eventually platoon leader, and i SINCERELY HOPE BEYOND HOPE that someone was recording that fight we had at "allatum-BIO-LAB" when we were REALLY ABOUT TO LOSE IT, and i told everyone lets try a "long shot" and do something that i noticed a TR-Platoon that i believe was being lead by "BuzzkillPsycho" and i told everyone to spawn as MAINLY ENGINEERS and a few medics to resurect the engineers when they went down,... and we had all the engineers set up their anti-infantry-turrets in a "DEFENSIVE-WALL" as close to where the enemie's zerg was and we slowly just kept a WALL OF FIRE in their direction only stopping to let our turrets cool or to let Heavy/assaults and max'es push forward, and when enough firnedlies pushed up i gave the order to push the line of turrets up another 20 or 30 yards to the next pocket of "enemies" zerging inside, and we rinsed and repeated that one or two more times until we LITTERALLY PUSHED THEM RIGHT OFF THE AIR-Vehicle-LANDING PADS"! And i was EXTREMELY PROUD OF EVERYONE WHO PARTICIPATED IN THAT PUSH! and not only in that push, but after that everyone's "MORALE" was really high and i believe we took two more territories immediatly after we chased them all the way to both the west and north alatum-bio-satelite buildings and it was just awesome to watch that kind of organization and teamwork! With that said, i'd like to learn from one or more of you guys who're more experienced leaders how to BETTER run a squad or platoon ESPECIALLY when it comes to "strategies and sunderer placements and also when it comes to "STAGING" prior to rolling out. that seemed to be our biggest drawback NO MATTER WHAT platoon or squad i wqas in today,... Basically EITHER EVERYONE WOULD BE ON POINT, and COMPLETELY PILED INTO THE SUNDERER and ready to go.... OR... they would be scattered everywhere and even if i had a waypoint up or whatever everyone would just seem "too invested emotionally" to let go of their current "fight" and "move out" or "rally-up". perhaps we could schedule an esamir or whatever other continent that we could goto and have squad tactics and platoon level tactical training. but meticulous, like training outfit members in EVERY ROLE STEP BY STEP, so that we REALLY DO move as a more cohesive unit than we already are! it's just an idea, but let me know whatcha' think guys! also i dont know if this is even the right forum to post this. I would've found the proper thread but i AM EXHAUSTED! i've been in game ALL DAY since 10am pacific time and it is now 2:25am pacific and i JUST left the game about 209 minutes ago to type this up. So in closing if ANYONE who's been in the outfit a while could PLEASE POST AN AFTER-ACTION REPORT of the fight at Alitum-Bio-Lab today where we pulled off that turret-wall, i'd love to read your guys own PERSONAL thoughts on those tactics today and just as important if ANYONE recorded it on video PLEASE POST IT okies?

Thanks guys!... And g'night!

-00Donkey-

-P.S-
                i forgot to say that after i started to get comfortable running the platoon, and running squads, i started to REALLY UNDERSTAND WHY the leadership asks that we keep com's clear as far as platoon-chat!! i mean SERIOUSLY even me of all people was gently reminding non-TG-outfit-members to please just use squad-communications only! lol!...so yah i'm getting better and i'll keep improving once i get past my anxiety as i get to know everyone and become comfortable with leading whenever the chance arises! Anyways! G'night!

Comment

Originally posted by MrJengles View Post
                  Indeed, it's always nice to see people stepping up to SL. I was in your squad today and I think you were doing well - even got a couple players interested in TG.

I think people do gravitate towards outfits that make a point of being inclusive by using in-game comms. Of course, we also want to attract people who like enemies being called out and other tactical considerations, so there's a balance as to what things need saying. It's good to leave comms quiet during firefights for people to focus on positioning/shooting, as well as allow quick communication about targets etc. Things happen too suddenly to have chatter that isn't about the current fight. There's a little more lee-way between battles though, say waiting for a fight while defending, or after telling your driver where he's going.

One suggestion: Ask squad mates if they need anything - heals, more friendlies holding/attacking a certain side of the base, or whether they have any important information about the enemy. It's focused, helpful and gives others a good chance to talk.
                  GOOD POINT JENGLES! i need to start doing that! thanks bud!

Comment

Hey - have you been talking in Proximity chat a lot? I thought I saw someone with an 00 name in Prox, but I could never figure out who/where it was coming from...
                    |TG-6th|Belhade
                    "I am actually looking forward to watching Jon and Kate plus 8." - Dirtboy

Comment

Yeah, Donkey does used Proximity a lot. He maintained a conversation with me one night in Proximity while not disturbing the whole squad.
                      Viking

Comment

<--Yes i use proximity ALOT but i do it as a DETERRENT from filling squad and platoon or even outfit chat with my nonesense,...ok i take that back... The truth is, i use it mainly to give tips to new players and ALOT OF THE TIME, i use it to call out to people where ENEMIES ARE AROUND ME, so that people in squad or platoon dont hear me go, "Um,... theres an enemy Mosquito over here, so what i do is BEFORE i say anything i use proximity to say "any heavies or AA-maxes within earshot of me, theres an enemy mosquito above the "south-eastern-most" building of "INSERT NAME of tech-plant or other building" so that EVERYONE LISTENING in proximity can say to themselves, HEY i know where that is, and oh yah! IM A HEAVY and i unlocked that decimator the other day!" or whatever it is that peeps think to themselves,...
                        ALTHOUGH, i will be trying my best to REVISE that strategy and follow the Outfit's policy, which i read last night regarding "CC"'ing etc... so like when a squad leader says donkey can you pull an engineer and come rep-up those AA-MAX'es,... i could simply do the "double click of my "squad-chat-key" so that the Squad-Leader can think to himself, "OK cool he's on top of it!"...thats not a perfect example but i BELIEVE thats what the outfit leaders are getting at when they made the post regarding "CC'ing" and using COMM's in a more OFFICIAL U.N./Special Forces "STYLE" (more or less)...anyways thanks again everyone for your support!

See yah in a few minutes once ive made my coffee and loaded the game!
                        -00Donkey

OH!....and, "P.S." or whatever. I posted something last night PRIOR to the post i made that was a Reply to what "Jengles" had posted, and it was in regards to yesterday's firefight/conquest in saving "ALATUM-BIOLAB" when we used the wall of turrets for the engineers with the medic's reviving us when we went down,... but anyways, at the end of the post, i got a message saying "will be posted once a moderator reviews it",...or something along those lines,... but anyways in the post i asked if ANYONE HAD RECORDED THAT FIGHT?... and also what were you're guys' thoughts on that tactic?... ALTHOUGH, PERHAPS... a moderator might have moved it and re-posted it in the "after action report" section or something?...i dunno... anyways can someone give me info regarding this? or how the moderators go about thier duties? but let me be clear im not complaining at all here, i just would like to know how it all works so i can know like if i make a post, ill know when others will be able to see it... ALTHOUGH, theres always the off-chance i MIGHT have somehow accidentally DELETED my own post when trying to post it? ... I Dont know... Anyways,...see y'all in a few minutes in game!

Comment

Welcome Donkey! Great to see new people coming into the PS2 outfit!

Comment

Although i only got to play for a short time, it was good to play with donkey! welcome! Looking forward to future battles.
                            |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

You are making good progress on the comms Donkey. Consider this:

You will be at the end of the journey when someone asks you to hold comms, and you DO NOT push your voip button to say "yes sir". ;)

Most times a quick confirmation of an order is worth it's weight in gold to the PL. Except for in this specific situation, where it is a bad thing to do.

Well so far so good. I'm amazed by the progress you have made where you thought very little was possible!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X