Clear All

• Suggestion to Restrict Platoon+Outfit VoiP

1] Click Social Tab

2] Click Voice and Chat

3] Click Platoon Tab

4] Click More Options Button

5] Lower Platoon Volume Tab

REPEAT FOR OUTFIT

Note: This applies to Platoon Level Operations where there is a distinct CoC of the Platoon Leader -> Squad Leader -> Squad

OUTFIT VOIP should not be used but for Multiple Platoon Level Ops.

Re: Suggestion to Restrict Platoon+Outfit VoiP

Excellent. I've only just learned that you can control different channels with different volume controls.

I'd love to be able to mute that damnable platoon chat, but we've really got to have a dedicated TS command channel in order to do that.

As it is, I can't really turn down my platoon chat volume, because that would be tuning out my leaders - exactly what I need to hear.
    Teamwork and Tactics are OP

Strait /strāt/ (Noun) A narrow passage of water connecting two seas or two large areas of water: "the Northumberland Strait".

Comment

Originally posted by Strait Raider View Post
      Excellent. I've only just learned that you can control different channels with different volume controls.

I'd love to be able to mute that damnable platoon chat, but we've really got to have a dedicated TS command channel in order to do that.

As it is, I can't really turn down my platoon chat volume, because that would be tuning out my leaders - exactly what I need to hear.
      Not entirely true. In fact I often play without Platoon Voice up and allow my SL to inform me what he needs of me. This in turn minimizes my noise AND keeps me off the platoon channel.

If you are a SL you need to have Platoon Voice up. If you are only a Squad Member you do not need Platoon up. Relying on the SL to give you orders is important than you interpreting the PLs orders and than seeking to do them yourself. The SL shapes you, the PL guides the SL's Weapon.

Comment

I was under the impression that outfit VOIP was for "general" chat. There needs to be a channel where you can talk about your latest female conquest right? :-)

I do agree with Ytman here though. The reason I agree with him is because if the platoon leader and squad leaders are doing their job right, and I am a squad member, all I need to hear is squad chat. This saves me having to hear a lot of cross-talk in a full platoon, which I dont like. Also, if you really want to say something platoon-wise, you can use the text chat function.

Really I think SOE has given us all the tools to properly manage the in-game VOIP.

Comment

Originally posted by QuantumQrack View Post
          I was under the impression that outfit VOIP was for "general" chat. There needs to be a channel where you can talk about your latest female conquest right? :-)
          .............i.......UM......./AGREE!! YAH YAH! that the ticket! ...lol but seriously he makes a great point there!

Comment

This is pretty much what I been doing already as a Squad member.

I think there also needs to be a notation of a squad level radio priority. Even with the volume all the way down, in the platoon, you can still see your platoon keyups. For the sake of the SL's sanity, don't key up while platoon is active so your SL can hear their out orders. Of course critical comms would always takes priority.

Just my friendly suggestion.
            The soldier formerly known as, Eroak.

From the TG Primer: 2) Create an environment where there is
            mutual respect for your fellow gamers
            and where all members
            would be working together to advance the enjoyment of their hobby.
            Former TGU Dean, 3rd, 9th, & 56th IHS member.

Comment

YES! Exactly.

Using TS instead of IngameVoip also increases the chance of a squad member talking while Command Comms are live simply because they get no visual cue of the 'higher ups' talking. Utilizing in game comms, even with individual SMs having the channel very low or muted, still allows them to see if the PL or another SL is talking.

Comment

Now this is the first really legitimate argument against TS for inter leader comms, and by that a good one, imo.

Comment

Regardless of all this to and fro I want to reiterate a request made previously by Mindkill. I would very much appreciate it that TG Outfit members log in to TS and move to the appropriate PS2 channels. TS doesn't have to be used for in game comms, that is irrelevant to the request. The reasons for this request were laid out in the op, essentially it is of great benefit to the Community as a whole. As such would expect to see an increase in TS attendance/participation in future. After all we all want to contribute to the well being of this community don't we.

Comment

I'll respect the request when not operating in the NCC TS server from now on. This being said with the new 'beta' PlanetStats page up we can see Outfit Activity and could use a front page link to show this. Not saying that it'd replace the TS3 usage but that it could be yet another way to exact the effect MK wants.

And that would in turn serve as a recruitment tool for anyone who wants to see it!

Comment

Originally posted by Wicks View Post
                      . . . TG Outfit members log in to TS and move to the appropriate PS2 channels. . .
                      Acknowledged. Will make a habit of this starting yesterday!

I think the idea of squad members muting the PL chat has merits as a personal option.

If I can mute the OUTFIT channel I will -- far too much idle chatter coming through this channel lately.
                      sigpic

Comment

I feel so alone when I get on TS and only one in channel but we've got a 4squad platoon going ;/

These Things We Do... That Other's May Live

Comment

For those worried about more comm load. DON'T!! I wqas in TS last night and not a word was spoken for the entire time I was in channel. It is just to let others at TG know there is obviously fun to be had in our awesome outfit.
                          sigpic

Comment

As much as I understand this bollocks to them for being sheeple only motivated by crowds seen in the distance ^^.

I jest. Morale, in all things even virtual battlefields, matter. Lets do what we can. (though an irony is certainly present)

Considering all the new people joining one key way to retain them is to have them familiar with our TS and Forums. Besides it facilitates out of game friendship.

Comment

Exactly, TS is fundamental cornerstone of TG. Bringing new people into the Outfit is great, bringing people into the Community is even better, for them and for all of us already here.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X