Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Welcome Aboard New Recruits! (The Meet n' Greet Thread)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [ANNOUNCEMENT] Welcome Aboard New Recruits! (The Meet n' Greet Thread)

Welcome to Tactical Gamer, new recruit! This thread is all about having you introduce yourself to your fellow Community members, so we can get to know you and, hopefully, become friends.

If you're uncertain as to what you should write, I've taken the liberty of making my introduction post below as an example:

Hi everyone! My gaming name is Mindkill. I found Tactical Gamer by joining the TG Call of Duty server back in '08 and I really liked the level of cooperation, communication and talking teamwork I experienced while playing with you all. So, I jumped at the chance to join the community!

A little about myself: My name is Roy, I'm 41 years old and live in south central Michigan, where I was born and raised. In my real life, I work in the retail industry and am attempting to work my way into a management position. Some of my hobbies include building and tweaking computers, reading articles and stories about astronomy, cosmology and earth sciences, hiking/camping, small stream trout fishing, and PC gaming. I generally gravitate to multiplayer First Person Shooters when I game but, I also enjoy the single player experience of games like: Grand Theft Auto, Deus Ex, and Assassins Creed. I'm also really looking forward to the next installment of the Half Life series of games.

In Ps2, I usually play as a Heavy Assault or Engineer with a focus on infantry game play and have spent quite a few certs to build those two classes. Medic is another class that's got some love but, I rarely play that class. I also have spent quite a few certs and Station Cash to equip my vehicles. Of them, I enjoy playing my Lightning and Liberator the most. I've upgraded my Lightning with with the Racer Chasis, all but the HE and Skyguard turrets, Mine Guard, and one rank in the proximity radar system. My Liberator has all of the 'big guns' available and I usually fly it with the 105mm Zephyr cannon. It also has a rank or two in the Precision Bomber Airframe, Composite Armor, and Decoy flares.

Even though I'm not much into leading a platoon, I've unlocked some stuff in the Squad Leader tree (beacon, smoke, and objectives) and am willing to lead a single squad or a squad in a platoon.

Thanks for the opportunity to join the TG Outfit and I can't wait to see you all in game!
    As you can see, I'm not too shy, so I gave a lot of personal information about my real life. The benefit of giving personal information like hobbies or the area you live in, is that you may find others in the community that share your interests. Give us as much or as little info about yourself as you feel comfortable with. But, be sure to let us know what classes you like to play, specialties you may have, and leadership experience you have in Planetside 2.

Regardless of what you decide to post, let me be the first to say, "Welcome aboard, friend!".

As an FYI, posting in this thread does not count as filling out your Outfit Application. Please use this link to get started.

p.s. This thread isn't just for our new members. If you've been around Tactical Gamer for a while, feel free to post your own introduction!
    Last edited by P.Drona; 07-05-2015, 02:24 PM. Reason: Added link to Outfit Info and App

sigpic

Re: Welcome Aboard New Recruits! (The Meet n' Greet Thread)

Hi there! In this community I go by QuantumQrack exclusively. My interest in cryptography led me to create this gaming alias. Quantum computing is an interest of mine as well, and that coupled with cryptography and the possibilities that exist for cracking (hence Qrack) different implementations of hashing functions, etc. are what led to this gaming nickname. I am also interested in alternative payment systems based on cryptography like Bitcoin.

In my life away from my hobby of gaming I am a manufacturing technician in the research and development department of a well known semiconductor manufacturer (soon to be #2 in the world) here in the USA. When I'm not working or gaming I enjoy mountain biking, backpacking, consuming micro brews, catching the occasional movie, and, like Mindkill, I do have an interest in astronomy as well.

Gaming-wise I have spent most of the last decade and a half playing massively multiplayer games. Ultima Online for a while, then several years in Anarchy Online. (interesting fact: gamers who achieve a lot in games also make good employees). I also spent a fair amount of time in Everquest II. Basically I am a sucker for any new MMO that comes along. Not long after I quit Everquest II, I picked up Battlefield 3 for some FPS action, found this community...and ended up staying. :-) I am rather new to Tactical Gamer and FPS type games, but I am enjoying the community and the particular direction it takes in terms of the Primer, etc.

Planetside 2 and Path of Exile are my current games and I am enjoying both. My focus has been on the Medic and the Max classes in Planetside 2. I don't mind occasionally squad leading and haven't tried platoon leading yet.

Last, here is a shout-out to the community members and leaders who make TG a fun place to game and in particular the Planetside 2 admins and members. This game is very enjoyable with your work and persistence!

Comment

D'OH!
      i just knew there was a thread in here like this somewhere! i wish i woulda' found this first, but,... "oh wells!" Right? lol! anyways ill try to find the right thread next time!

-00Donkey-

Comment

Hi all, Halligan here. I first came to TG back with BF2. The teamwork, tactics, communication and maturity made me realize that this was the place that I wanted to be. My nickname, Halligan, is a Forcible Entry tool we use at the Fire Dept. I thought it fit with the Engineer style I usually play in these games.

About me, my name is Brian, 41 y/o, happily married with 2 kids. I work as a full time Firefighter in SE Massachusetts and I bang nails on the side. Prior to that I served 4 yrs in the Army, from '89-'93.
        When I'm not gaming, I play hockey when it's cold and golf when it's warm. My son just discovered the joy of archery, so we've been doing that together a few times a week.

As far as gaming goes, I don't really have a favorite genre, if it's fun, I'll play it.

I'm still brand new to Planetside2, only been playing 3 days, but I'm really enjoying both the Medic and Engineer classes. My focus right now is getting the Medic gun and Repair tool maxed asap. I'm not the greatest shot in the world, but I'll always do my best to have your back with heals, ammo and whatever is needed. Teamwork gets it done.

Thanks to all for welcoming me to the Outfit. Looking forward to having fun with you all.
        Give me strength to save a life...

Comment

Welcome Halligan! I'm also here since the BF2 days. I remember the day the demo with the "Gulf Of Oman" came out and I came across TG all gathered together in TS for launch day. Played 2142 and BF3 a bit, but lost interest soon after because of the lack of scale. Planetside 2 has been the most varied game I've ever played since Joint Ops: Typhoon Rising (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joint_O...Typhoon_Rising), which was also the largest scale game I'd played until now (128 players almost 10 years ago).

Comment

I stumbled across the TG server a few (several?) years back while playing Project Reality. I loved it, and especially the emphasis on teamwork and tactics here at TG. Unfortunately, that mod quickly exceeded my hardware specifications. :( I had started a new build for a gaming rig, then got busy with life/work/responsibilities and those parts (CPU and mobo) sat gathering dust for a couple years.

I had some time the other day, and pulled them out, dusted them off, and started researching/shopping for some memory. I figured I could at least get the thing to post up (it has integrated graphics). I figured I would order a graphics card (and other parts) later, as time and budget allowed, and eventually get a proper gaming rig put back together (as Johnny Cash would say, "one piece at a time..."). ;)

During my research, I figured I would check and see what the latest requirements were for PR and ArmA, as these were the games I was interested in playing. I thought I would check the site here and read up and see where things were at since I have been gone a couple years. It was then that I saw a news article on the home page about PS2.

I thought it looked like SUCH. A. COOL. GAME that I dropped almost everything I was doing the last couple days in order to finish my research and order parts. I not only settled on memory, but also all the other parts I needed, including a very nice CPU cooler, and about twice as much graphics card as I had originally planned on getting. :row__787: Well, you only live once, right? lol

So, while I wait for my parts to get here, I figured I would arm myself with knowledge about this new game I am about to start playing.

It has been far too long since I had some quality, squad based, teamwork oriented shoot-em-up in my life! :) And I can hardly wait to get back into the fight. :)
            "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Hello, my in game name is ndeep. I am a 35 year old single father of a beutiful 6 year old daughter and i am a machanic by trade. I own my own machanic shop and like to build and race drag strip cars. I am currently racing a 95 camaro Z28 running 10.8 in a quarter mile, what a rush! I am a guy who meet situations head on and tend to find myself diving into things head first, which i find in life can be useful but in game not so much. Thats were the name ndeep comes in because i find myself in situations were i am in way over my head. I am more affective in game when there is structure. Thats why i have tried to join planetside2 squads in the past only to end up quiting the game intirely because of the horrible gaming experience. I don't deel with immature idiots and A-holes very well, who quite frankly can't give orders worth a crap in the first place. Lastnight (3/6/13) I decided to give it another shot and joined a tactical gamers squad and I have to say it was hands down the best fps gaming experience I have ever had to date. I could have played all night long, no kidding! I must say what a releif to because as i mentioned before due to my head first personality i have dumped a insane amount of money into my gaming computer, when I have never even owned a computer before this, just to get best gaming experience I could. Thanks guys for showing me what mass multiplayer fps gaming is all about. Although I am not new to gaming, I am very new to pc gaming and I am still trying to learn the controls and capabilitys of my pc, not to mention learning mass multiplayer games like planetside2. So I hope I wasn't to much of a burden on you guys. I am team player and I am always looking
              Last edited by dropumdead; 03-07-2013, 01:45 PM. Reason: didnt post all

Comment

Quite interesting Dropemdead. Welcome to TG!
                Viking

Comment

Makes a ton of sense, the name I mean, Wyatt here. Welcome to these parts and its nice to see you off game.

The group is working on compiling a guide but as this game is so dynamic and sandboxy there is almost never one answer. Just a lot of attempts.

Comment

so i don't know why it's not posting all I am typing in my greeting but i have tried to retype and fix it three times now and no luck. so for now i will have to look like a idiot. I am going to eat lunch and i will try to post a proper greeting in few. sorry.

Comment

Hello. My in-game name is almost always Snarlin. RL...Steve. I joined TacticalGamer about 3 years ago when my In-House Squad (6th Marine Division) found TG and made it our home. The 6MD (or MD6 as it's known here...long story) has been around for almost 10 years. We started with an old Microsoft game called "Allegiance" and have played a little bit of everything including World War II Online, L4D, and the BF series. Our numbers have been as high as 12 and now there's 4-5 of us that get together once a week and play. Nothing fancy. Just a few guys drinking beers and having some fun. I tell my wife I could have vices that are much worse so she doesn't give me too much grief.

46YO. Wife. Three kids (13B-15G-17G). Houston, TX. Kids hobbies are my hobbies. They are a mixture of Springboard Divers (2), and Water Polo players (all 3) so we spend a lot of time either at the pool, or driving too and from the pool. Work for "Big Oil" here in Houston as an Engineering Supervisor.

Even though I play every Wednesday night with my IHS, I usually try and drag them into the TG Platoon. You'll also see me jumping in for a couple hours here and there throughout the week. I SL when there's a need, and I PL once in a great while.

Love supporting TG as a supporting member. Appreciate all the work everyone puts into it. Best thing since sliced bread.

Snarlin

Comment

I might as well join this thread as there are so new and unfamiliar names here.

I'm Mordona, or formerly known as Eroak on these forums. I came to TG from BF2142. I also played with TG in a number of titles like TF2, Eve, Wow, BF2 and more. I was an admin and TGU dean for quite some time and still proudly support all the ideals that our primer puts forth. I'm enjoyed the company a few great IHS, 9th, 3rd, and the 56th.

I'm a 33yo girl from PA that has one 12yo daughter. I'm a proud EMT that has worked in Trama ERs and 911 dispatch squads, to state agent for PA. Some of the best years. My current job is best left left for private as it tends to be controversial. As for hobbies I do custom furniture building and other wood crafts.

In Ps2 I noticed I'm drawn to vehicles like I was known for in 2142. Loving everything but that damn ATV. I find myself mostly in a sunderer, being that it as such supportive capabilities. With that I'm usually in the engineer class, trying to keep myself useful as much as possible.

I'm still feeling out Ps2 and the new people around me so I been shying away from SLing at this time. I tend to take a laid back approach as Ps2 and a large stimulus that I'm not used to working with as compared to 2142. While fast paced, it tended to run in a tunnel where objectives where clear and obvious, and a CO usually right on your back telling you where you needed to be. If I'm asked to SL and I know I have the time, I'll be glad to step up. Just give me a little time to get my baring.
                        The soldier formerly known as, Eroak.

From the TG Primer: 2) Create an environment where there is
                        mutual respect for your fellow gamers
                        and where all members
                        would be working together to advance the enjoyment of their hobby.
                        Former TGU Dean, 3rd, 9th, & 56th IHS member.

Comment

Hello,

My name is Aaron. Shatteredhourglasss in PS2 (notice the 3 Ss.). I live in s. Illinois. 23yo, married, no children. Currently studying for my MBA. Employed in healthcare as the director of IT.

My hobbies are firearm collecting/shooting, music (drummer), and cars, three very expensive hobbies! I love to play PS2 with TG, as the coordination and skill adds another entire level of enjoyment to the game. My main enjoyment is support roles, which is why I play engi the majority of the time. I will occasionally go medic or sniper for a change of scenery. I love flying, but my skills in PS2 are not yet great enough to rely on. I have spent a bit-o-cash on upgrades for the engi, sundy, lib, reaver, and gal. I feel of such a great game, it is worth it to drop some cash to keep things going.

I love playing when we have great PLs and SLs on, and I hope to be one of those some day!

Comment

Hi

Todd here. TGToddshooter in Planetside2. (I didn't know you could add tags OK! :-) Just plain Toddshooter in most other titles.

I am a 42 year old kid that has a wife and two kids. I live in Sioux Lookout Ontario and work for Health Canada. We supply all the nursing stations north of town that are fly in only.

I love fishing, hunting, canoeing, computer gaming, and photography which I used to do semi professionally. My wife and daughter have a horse each and I am learning to be a teamster driving our barns team of horses.
                            Outside of TG I also have an iRacing account with all the content, which I let sit idol for vast periods of time when I get hooked on a new FPS.

I started at TG with PRBF2 and then moved on to COD with the great group that used to play there.( Mindkill, Drona, Birdie are the ones that are still around.)
                            I am drawn to the teamwork that I find here at TG and maturity that is lacking elsewhere. I hate the spawn die respawn style of game play.

Glad to see such a great group involved in Planetside2. Looking forward to many great years of fun. Todd
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Toddshooter View Post
                              Hi

Todd here. TGToddshooter in Planetside2. (I didn't know you could add tags OK! :-) Just plain Toddshooter in most other titles.
                              I did the same exact thing, man... In fact, when I first saw you in game, I said to myself, "alright, good, at least I am not the only one!" :)
                              "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X