Suggestions for Future Friday Events.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestions for Future Friday Events.

Look for themes for events, ways to improve them ect.

Re: Suggestions for Future Friday Events.

Air assault. 2 air squads, 2 mechanized infantry squads with some tanks mixed in.
    Viking

Comment

An SOP only event. When the platoon leaves warpgate the only communication allowed is communication that uses the SOPs as outlined by Jeepo.

Comment

Sustaining operations for longer periods of time when possible. I liked making galaxy runs and I liked the fast multi-target deployment thing we had going, but sometimes it's fun to dig in and focus on a single objective. That's assuming we're not alone in the path of the zerg or the continent suddenly goes quiet.
        In game handle: Steel Scion
        sigpic

Comment

A training event where we introduce the basics of squad leading within a platoon to new recruits. I know I could do with some pointers.

We'd cycle squad leaders alot, say every 45 mins to give everyone a chance.

Investing some time in creating more leaders could pay off later with more experienced SLs, and thus more squads, could make Friday events even better.

Also, any chance we could move the event forward an hour? Its 1am here when the event starts. We sort of had an informal event going before the official event, so perhaps we could make use of the number of people online early?

Comment

Originally posted by CoiledTortoise View Post
            A training event where we introduce the basics of squad leading within a platoon to new recruits. I know I could do with some pointers.

We'd cycle squad leaders alot, say every 45 mins to give everyone a chance.

Investing some time in creating more leaders could pay off later with more experienced SLs, and thus more squads, could make Friday events even better.
            Something is already in the works and will be separate from the Friday events.

More on this in the future.

Also, any chance we could move the event forward an hour? Its 1am here when the event starts. We sort of had an informal event going before the official event, so perhaps we could make use of the number of people online early?
            I'll let John field this one.

sigpic

Comment

I second that! I had a blast last night, but not hitting the sack until 4am this morning is taking its toll about now!
              Perfer et obdura; dolor hic tibi proderit olim - Ovid

Comment

I believe we will be holding/moving some events during EURO friendly times....
                |TG-88th| DaddyOfThree

Comment

Originally posted by DaddyOfThree View Post
                  I believe we will be holding/moving some events during EURO friendly times....
                  That's really good to hear. Obviously, the Euro guys that are playing at those hours are eager, so hopefully there would be increased attendance ;-). Equally, I recognise that 8pm EST works better for those in the Western hemisphere, so if there were a negative impact on the event, I/we certainly wouldn't want to be the cause.

Re: Training.
                  Originally posted by Mindkill View Post
                  Something is already in the works and will be separate from the Friday events.
                  More on this in the future.
                  I look forward to hearing more!

One more idea:

Outfit Alliance event. We have someone represent the outfit in the NC Alliance TS server to relay comms and see if we can work with some of the other NC outfits. Breaking out of the warpgate might be easier with this sort of co-ordination. I know some TG members have access to the NC Alliance teamspeak, but I've never been part of ops that explicitly co-ordinate with other outfits.

Comment

Not trying to diminish our Euro players, but would a Saturday follow-on event be better suited to get more included? Saturday afternoon/night for Euros would then be Saturday morning/afternoon for us?

These Things We Do... That Other's May Live

Comment

That's really good to hear. Obviously, the Euro guys that are playing at those hours are eager, so hopefully there would be increased attendance ;-). Equally, I recognise that 8pm EST works better for those in the Western hemisphere, so if there were a negative impact on the event, I/we certainly wouldn't want to be the cause.

Re: Training.

I look forward to hearing more!

One more idea:

Outfit Alliance event. We have someone represent the outfit in the NC Alliance TS server to relay comms and see if we can work with some of the other NC outfits. Breaking out of the warpgate might be easier with this sort of co-ordination. I know some TG members have access to the NC Alliance teamspeak, but I've never been part of ops that explicitly co-ordinate with other outfits.

Oh man i feel so stupid right now!... i had an awesome idea for this thread! Although, possibly tough to coordinate logistically-speaking, but i was soooo sleepy that i accidentally deleted it all somehow when i fell asleep with my head on the keyboard just now! but ill try to recompose it later or maybe tomorrow! (Cuz' ive been up all night studying what gear/weapons to use for my two favorite classes, Infiltrator and Engineer, but after witnessing alotta good kills with light assaults and heavies im all sorts of confused as to what to start working on for any specific class... mostly what skills to go train my certs' for!) anyways ill see y'all laters!
                      -00Donkey

Comment

A strong chain of command that can expect to field between a platoon or three while simultaneously connected to the NC Coalition.

I envision an op consisting of one or two dedicated ground platoons featuring as much Non-Outfit-Member fodder as needed. And another platoon of dedicated outfit members able to focus on specific objectives in a sort of 'special operations' flavor. Finally any dedicated Air Squadrons should be split into its own 'platoon(s)'. Air Sections would operate with their own 'CO' and support the general ground force as needed.

I think, considering our recent growth and higher activity, that we should be focusing on attaining the 'higher' level of play, whatever that may be. This, in my opinion, comes to a consolidation of our general ingame leadership during FNFs through more SoP enforcement and a general outline of specific tactics and strategies we should be versed in.

Outline of the suggested CoC coming done later.

Comment

Rumor has it Flashes are getting rumble seats in the next update... It might be fun to do some theory-crafting over the week, then try employing different techniques on a Friday.

I'm thinking mostly Engineer drivers + Heavy Passengers. Drivers resupply gunners during breaks in combat.

Hunter-killer AA/AT teams, highly mobile, able to work behind enemy lines. Decimator/Crow/Hawk/Annihilator. Each squad would be a 4-6 quad team.

Bonus points for every engineer driver who has AT mines unlocked. Move behind enemy lines and one squad of 4-6 engineer drivers could make a minefield of 10-20 mines and be gone in sixty seconds.

Just some thoughts. Even if it's not super-effective, I bet it would be ridiculous fun. Short timers and low resource costs on the Flashes should make it easy to stay equipped.
                          Teamwork and Tactics are OP

Strait /strāt/ (Noun) A narrow passage of water connecting two seas or two large areas of water: "the Northumberland Strait".

Comment

Since the server merges I like the concepts of ATV assault teams. On Indar its not so reasonable to expect this as the base proximity is rather small an maneuvering space is very limited. It would have to be implemented on Amerish/Esamir. I'd also argue that ATVs have been used as attack platforms for quite some time now, a light assault will bail and fly over a known Armor unit to drop C4 in a mad suicide maneuver. Thing is that the ATVs are so loud that its hard to conceal them and their vulnerability is so high that its a very risk proposition to be using them actively against armor forces or even without air coverage. Terrain masking will be mandatory and stealth upgrades as well...

OH!!! If the ATV gets a rumbleseat and you have a rear side engineer he can just 'drop the mines' at the rear of it! No need to even stop. Figure you get a platoon worth of Engineers+Drivers and you guys drive parrallel-ish you could realistically get a minefield of... 3x18 = 54 mines! Droped in litterally no time at all!

This would be the fastest way of laying a minefield and getting out of dodge so liberators/he rounds don't detonate them.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X