Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [INFO] Some Planetside 2 Accounts Hacked

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013...etside-2-hack/

Even if you didn't get an email, I would suggests changing passwords ect.

Re: Some Planetside 2 Accounts Hacked

I thought PS2 would eventually be hacked. Sony has a terrible track record these matters.
    sigpic

Comment

It is afaik only Prosieben that got hacked.

That is really sad. This is exactly the kind of thing people feared when we heard SOE was going to outsource the EU accounts. Off course getting hacked can happen to anyone, but it will happen to the careless first. It certainly makes one even more distrustful of this kind of construction.

Comment

I updated passwords (on a total of about 70 accounts total) on Saturday and Sunday. Would that be in the right timeline to be after, not before this hack?

About two weeks ago, I got an email saying that I had created a Sony Entertainment Network account. This is the Playstation Network company. So I easily got in touch with SOE (which runs Planetside 2) and they told me what I already figured, that I would have to get in touch with the other entity. They gave me the phone number. There was no way to contact the Playstation side through any online means. SOE gave me the number for the other. So I called them, and the lady gave me an email address to forward the email to. I did, and it took a second email five days later to get them to close the account. Basically, someone had typed my email address in to their Playstation 3 to make their account. And it doesn't even send an email to confirm, it just registers the account right away. Now I know that that doesn't compromise me in any way, but still, with everything Sony has been through in the past year or two, you'd think that they would have better policies.

The weirdest part is that my email address is the first initial of my first name, followed by my last name and a number, etc. Well the email that I received included the registration information. The guy's FIRST name (which I only have my initial for in my email address) was the same as mine, but his last name (which IS in my email) was not even remotely close to mine. That was where I got the red flag, but other than that weird occurrence, there's no indication of anything being compromised.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X