RFC: Intro to SL/PL Communication Training Module

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RFC: Intro to SL/PL Communication Training Module

I am developing a one-on-one training module for new recruits to PS2.

The goal of the training module is to ensure that new recruits are aware of PS2 communication SOPs and general practices of good in-game communication at the SL and PL level.

The module does not address tactical issues.

The intention of the training module is to expand our leadership base (re: SL/PL) by ensuring more of the Outfit membership are competent communicators.

To this end, I would like input on what standard procedures and general best practices should be covered by such an introduction to clear and concise command-level communication.

I will summerize and document the results within the training module and use it to train interested recruits.

I will open the discussion with a practice I have noted that Mindkill (I think) uses when SLing. It is rarely used, one that I intend on adopting for myself, and one that I will ask all my SLs to adopt when I am platoon leading.

The Request for SL to PL Comms

Do not simply begin transmission. Preface your transmission for a "request for comms" that is itself very brief. The ideal form of this "request for comms" is a mere two words:
    <squadname> comms
    Example: "Delta comms"

Wait until the PL replies with something like: "Go Delta"

. . .
    Last edited by E-Male; 02-28-2013, 11:04 AM.
    sigpic

Re: RFC: Intro to SL/PL Communication Training Module

A good response system to show acknowledged/heard orders either by;

"Delta Heard"

or

text based "CC"

Also a 'Repeat Request' system would be grand.

Comment

<squadname> comms
      Example: "Delta comms"

Wait until the PL replies with something like: "Go Delta"
      I really like that. I've been in platoons, both in BF3 and PS2, where we used a very similar procedure to good effect. It's plain common sense when you get right down to it. This type of protocol is widely used in real world comms and for good reason. I would love to see more folks adopting it.

Comment

I also used to have this habit in BF2. I think it is very effective, and will try to do it most of the time, save for very urgent comms.

The more squads operate individually, the more useful this SOP becomes.

+One remark about using written chat to reply with "cc".
        I often do not have the chat visible as it disappears after a while and I don't check it much as PL.
        I am often in a different chat channel. e.g. I may have the leadership tab open to see what other outfits are doing thus impeding me from ever seeing that "cc".

I think in general I prefer all SL's to confirm an order with "bravo/charlie/delta copy". Preferrable bravo should answer first, then charlie, then delta (presuming PL=alpha). Also it sounds cooler in the sense that public players will acknowledge our comms skills adn will be more inclined to adapt similar discipline.

PS what does CC stand for anyway? I've never heard of this abbreviation until I saw Emale using it.

Comment

"With PS2 using voice activation or a user defined "send" key, there's no discernible microphone clicking sound. However, because we have this great visual computer screen sitting in front of us, there's a substitute technique which works very well for online gaming. A player simply types or pre-programs a hotkey to send "cc," which obviously stands for "click click." -- Jeepo

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X