Clear All

• [INFO] GU04 Incoming

http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/i...ng-soon.99770/

Link to the post by King Higby himself - points of emphasis below:

Account level unlocks
    New respawn & map screen
    Empire specific Rocket Launchers

Special note that I think will pretty much ruin the game:
    -Explosive radius from ALL vehicle based damage sources have been reduced, this does not affect vehicle vs vehicle direct hit damage, only splash damage vs infantry.

Because Flak Armor isn't enough already.

These Things We Do... That Other's May Live

Re: GU04 Incoming

Originally posted by Serjikal View Post
    http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/i...ng-soon.99770/

Link to the post by King Higby himself - points of emphasis below:

Account level unlocks
    New respawn & map screen
    Empire specific Rocket Launchers

Special note that I think will pretty much ruin the game:
    -Explosive radius from ALL vehicle based damage sources have been reduced, this does not affect vehicle vs vehicle direct hit damage, only splash damage vs infantry.

Because Flak Armor isn't enough already.
    Ruin the game seems a bit harsh, don't you think? Did you play Planetside 1? The only tank that could even kill infantry easily was the vanguard and ONLY if it had a direct hit. You had to rely on your secondary MG to deal with infantry effectively. Though honestly I can see it just being brought in line with the Lightening now. That has very little splash on it's standard turret... or at least it feels it. Maybe I just suck with it ;)

The rest makes me happy though is the Account Wide unlocks. When I first got the game some friends made me play on Miller TR, and have now all quit after I bought a bunch of junk there, so this is a good change! :D

Comment

Having run an anti-infantry Vanguard for a while now, I can say that reducing the blast radius is probably a good thing. Vehicles currently dominate infantry, even without specialization. We'll have to see how the next round of AT rockets mixed with reduced blast radius changes things, but there is definitely a balance issue there right now.
      In game handle: Steel Scion
      sigpic

Comment

Also, heads up. There's apparently a new common pool pump shotgun incoming very soon, so I'd hold off on buying the faction specific pumps until it comes out, especially since all common pool weapons will cross-faction very shortly.
        I can ADS using more than a 2x without significant stutter! This was a good patch.

Comment

I don't know about the HE/HEAT reduction. The long reload time already levels the playing field, plus adding so much anti armor weapons already made it tough. With the lack of armor on the Lighting, the ability to kill infantry was the only thing that gave it a use, so that vehicle wont get used. And when they said "all", do they mean aircraft as well?
          "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

Originally posted by Mimir View Post
            I don't know about the HE/HEAT reduction. The long reload time already levels the playing field, plus adding so much anti armor weapons already made it tough. With the lack of armor on the Lighting, the ability to kill infantry was the only thing that gave it a use, so that vehicle wont get used. And when they said "all", do they mean aircraft as well?
            Eh, it means I feel good about pulling a HEAT Lightning instead of HE. I still have to direct-hit someone to ensure a kill. I just wish I'd sprung for the AT round instead, but I'm pretty okay with it. The Viper Lightning is still going to be murderous against infantry if you get in a good place, and surprisingly useful against tanks if you can get really close. And personally, I tend to use my stealth lightning as a tank hunter rather than an infantry farmer, and I never understood people who pulled HE lightnings in the first place. All of the MBTs are better against infantry than lightnings.
            I can ADS using more than a 2x without significant stutter! This was a good patch.

Comment

Originally posted by Razcsak View Post
              Eh, it means I feel good about pulling a HEAT Lightning instead of HE. I still have to direct-hit someone to ensure a kill. I just wish I'd sprung for the AT round instead, but I'm pretty okay with it. The Viper Lightning is still going to be murderous against infantry if you get in a good place, and surprisingly useful against tanks if you can get really close. And personally, I tend to use my stealth lightning as a tank hunter rather than an infantry farmer, and I never understood people who pulled HE lightnings in the first place. All of the MBTs are better against infantry than lightnings.
              This last statement I would have to disagree with. My HE lightning with combat chassis and IR vision is an infantry decimator.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mimir View Post
                This is more along the lines of what I was talking about. Currently with my Flak Armor equipped classes, I don't really worry about running by armor. Especially if I'm HA, take a hit, pop the shield, and keep going. Having played armor during the last part of the op, it was blowing my mind how a tank shell, landing ~2-5 meters away wasn't killing infantry out in the open.

Infantry should be scared of vehicles and with the current amount of AV in game, along with damage reduction certs, its not looking that way. I'm more scared of grenades then tanks.

Comment

The whole 'Falk Armor' debacle is annoying. Its a clearly better choice for almost classes in almost all situations...

Not a fan of further HE nerfs.

Comment

HE should be the infantry killer, but do minimal dmg to armor/air. HEAT does 50/50 to both. AP should wreck anything armor related, but do barely anything to infantry outside direct hits.

Comment

Originally posted by Razcsak View Post
                      Also, heads up. There's apparently a new common pool pump shotgun incoming very soon, so I'd hold off on buying the faction specific pumps until it comes out, especially since all common pool weapons will cross-faction very shortly.
                      I went ahead and bought the one that starts with 8 rounds. Apparently the 5 round pump shotgun does 1000 dmg if all of the pellets hit. But I'm happy with the one I got, since it can be maxed out to 12 rounds.

Comment

Piston or Sweeper? Piston I heard was the way to go if you're goin shottys but I trialed and couldn't get the hang of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Serjikal View Post
                          HE should be the infantry killer, but do minimal dmg to armor/air. HEAT does 50/50 to both. AP should wreck anything armor related, but do barely anything to infantry outside direct hits.
                          I think that AP/HEAT is the best way to go currently. HE is so nerfed that it pretty much is just a way to 'suppress' a position. Which, all in all, is a good niche. Primarily Armor should be worried about armor though. HE also got noticably nerfed against 'hard targets' and do significantly less damage with 'rear' shots even.

Comment

Originally posted by Ytman View Post
                            I think that AP/HEAT is the best way to go currently. HE is so nerfed that it pretty much is just a way to 'suppress' a position. Which, all in all, is a good niche. Primarily Armor should be worried about armor though. HE also got noticably nerfed against 'hard targets' and do significantly less damage with 'rear' shots even.
                            Anecdote does not equal data, but I've actually had a lot of success using HE against armor, particularly against flanked targets, but also in one-on-one. Smoked a passing magrider with smart use of the shield, and timing my shots to hit his rear or undercarriage as he jumped the hills. I wouldn't equip HE if I intended to go tank hunting, but it's not like you're defenseless against armor when it's loaded.

YRMV
                            In game handle: Steel Scion
                            sigpic

Comment

I was just lamenting the, good, changes since December. I remember when a rear shot HE would bring down a tank to half or less, but I approve of the change as running AP used to be pointless when compared to HEAT/HE, now its a very good tool for the situation ^^. This all being said if the game wasn't being constantly balanced I'd make a significant effort to tabulate our damages against armor.

This being said I'm actually curious what use HE should have in Armor lines. I'm thinking that the ratio might be good at 4:3:1, which is 4 Heat, 3 AP, 1 HE. Obviously such control is not really expected but its just an interesting theorycraft.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X