Friday Night Fights 3-01-2013 - Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friday Night Fights 3-01-2013 - Discussion

Looking for your thoughts on how the night went, what needs improvement ect. Specifically, looking for feedback on the dedicated armor squad and the multiplatoon operations later.

Re: Friday Night Fights 3-01-2013 - Discussion

I had a great time... lots of fun... while we didn't win every battle we had a good mix of tactics and pure action.

Thanks to Grizzle for Platoon Leading and John for organizing!
    |TG-88th| DaddyOfThree

Comment

The only issues I saw with the armor squad was the lack of an ammo sunderer at a few key points and navigating/keeping the squad together.

I think it should be SOP that when we have a dedicated armor squad, there should always be an ammo sunderer.

As to the navigation issue, it might help to have a gunner in the "point man's" tank to act as a navigator. It's almost impossible to move quickly when the driver has to stop and consult his map. Doing this might also help keep us from driving over cliffs and the like, when we are racing to the waypoint.

Trying to keep the armor together during and after an engagement will be tricky. I noticed that once we got into battle, whether it was at the objective or if we met resistance en route, we would get separated and scattered. This would cause us to not have directed fire on high priority targets and made it difficult to cover each others assets. Perhaps having the armor squads SL riding as a gunner in an SM's vehicle could help. That would give the SL the chance to set waypoints almost instantly for regrouping, fall back points, and priority targets. During travel, he could act as the navigator as well.

I don't have much to say about the multi-platoon effort.. I was too busy trying to keep my Vanny from burning. ;)

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mindkill View Post
        The only issues I saw with the armor squad was the lack of an ammo sunderer at a few key points and navigating/keeping the squad together.

I think it should be SOP that when we have a dedicated armor squad, there should always be an ammo sunderer.

As to the navigation issue, it might help to have a gunner in the "point man's" tank to act as a navigator. It's almost impossible to move quickly when the driver has to stop and consult his map. Doing this might also help keep us from driving over cliffs and the like, when we are racing to the waypoint.

Trying to keep the armor together during and after an engagement will be tricky. I noticed that once we got into battle, whether it was at the objective or if we met resistance en route, we would get separated and scattered. This would cause us to not have directed fire on high priority targets and made it difficult to cover each others assets. Perhaps having the armor squads SL riding as a gunner in an SM's vehicle could help. That would give the SL the chance to set waypoints almost instantly for regrouping, fall back points, and priority targets. During travel, he could act as the navigator as well.

I don't have much to say about the multi-platoon effort.. I was too busy trying to keep my Vanny from burning. ;)

One often mistake I see with armor, particularly on everything not Indar, is that they try all too often to close the gap (On indar you are pretty much FORCED to close the gap due to terrain issues) individually or without real point. Yesterday I was running a 2/3rd strength Platoon and at one point pulled pure armor from Esamir's WG. We had an ASSEMBLY AREA (A-A) and had a specific movement pattern; Alpha first, Bravo Second, All Sunderers in Between. From the Assembly Area a general briefing was given and we moved out, at one point when the orders had to be changed, I called for a 'ALL HALT', and gave new orders.

Eventually we arrived overwatching APEX GENETICS and simply stayed off point shelling the region's massive numbers of Infantry. After around ten minutes all those infantry were dealt with and a new platoon of [TAS] Mechanized rolled into hold the point. We would move, still away from the point to the WEST of APEX and focused a line West to South and held there. I think we can translate a lot from what worked in PR to PS2 despite all the differences.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X