Server Downtime 3/13/2013

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Server Downtime 3/13/2013

Looks like the latest Game Update is being rolled out as I type this.

Check out the Change Log.

Looks like lots of tweaks to infantry and vehicles are coming, along with the respawn/map merger we've been told about. What's caught your eye?

sigpic

Re: Server Downtime 3/13/2013

Flash attack, reminds me of HALO lol.
    Flash Update:

Rumble Seat: You can now bring a passenger with you on your Flash that can utilize their personal weapons while moving.

Comment

Instant action has been redesigned to be a single button press, with no on-map indication of where it will send the player, but it will still hot-drop them onto a facility with heavy combat. This is to prevent people from exploiting instant action as an organizational tool, which is what people were using it for previously. If you are in a squad and not the leader, a second button for squad deploy will appear.
      Whoa.
      In game handle: Steel Scion
      sigpic

Comment

There's a 1.9Gb patch that now needs to be downloaded....
        |TG-88th| DaddyOfThree

Comment

This patch looks pretty awesome. Next week, we're supposed to get the new launchers and the supposed UI loadout changes that let you have far more loadouts to play with. Fantastic.
          I can ADS using more than a 2x without significant stutter! This was a good patch.

Comment

Originally posted by Steeler View Post
            Whoa.

Awesome news -- a very progressive fix!

Also interesting:

The MAP no longer shows the maps of the two other continents -- no more picking easy fights (good!).
            Last edited by E-Male; 03-13-2013, 02:44 PM.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mindkill View Post
              What's caught your eye?
              The 1,888MB download I found after arriving home with an entirely free evening, ready to pop some heads on Indar!

The Flash will really benefit from a passenger seat, I've always thought so.

I fail to see how people were using instant action as an "organisational tool", but I defer to their higher knowledge...

66.2% done! Nearly there!!!
              Perfer et obdura; dolor hic tibi proderit olim - Ovid

Comment

Originally posted by T1GERT1GER View Post
                I fail to see how people were using instant action as an "organisational tool", but I defer to their higher knowledge...

66.2% done! Nearly there!!!
                Whenever you saw 20+ pods landing in a zone that just appeared in the instant action queue, that was probably on outfit commander giving the order for all members to redeploy and drop. It has been a pretty standard tactic in the bigger outfits to accelerate a big push by holding a platoon in reserve for this purpose once the current target is capped and the ground forces start to meet resistance at the next point.
                In game handle: Steel Scion
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by E-Male View Post
                  The MAP no longer shows the maps of the two other continents -- no more picking easy fights (good!).
                  Top middle of the main map, you can pick a continent, not as efficient as before, it now takes two clicks instead of one.

Comment

I agree with Steeler.

Instant action has been redesigned to be a single button press, with no on-map indication of where it will send the player, but it will still hot-drop them onto a facility with heavy combat. This is to prevent people from exploiting instant action as an organizational tool, which is what people were using it for previously. If you are in a squad and not the leader, a second button for squad deploy will appear.
                    Whoa.

=====

Galaxy: 400 xp, increased from 300 xp
                    Liberator: 500 xp, increased from 150 xp
                    ESF: 400 xp, increased from 75 xp
                    MBTs: 500 xp, increased from 100 xp
                    Lightning: 400 xp, increased from 100 xp

So.
                    Much.
                    Win.

Edit: looks like the TR are going to be a dominant force now that they have the crappy Indar WG. They are deciding to not fuss with Indar any longer and are probably going to be the strongest force on Mattherson due to their organization.

VR is currently useless.
                    Last edited by Ytman; 03-13-2013, 10:19 PM.

Comment

was the vanguard's default front armor strengthened? i got hit multiple times on a ridge today, taking very minimal damage...
                      |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X