Best Use of Colour for Enemy Designation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Use of Colour for Enemy Designation

Last night I found myself facing bright green enemies that looked like friendlies -- colours appear to have changed.

What is the best choice of colours for designating enemies?
    sigpic

Re: Best Use of Colour for Enemy Designation

I've made my enemy colour bright red and friendlies deep blue. It also changed the colours of control points and consoles making it much easier to locate A, B, C on my HUD. I also find it easier to read people's name tags.

Comment

I have a custom of brightest Red,Cyan (friendly), and Purple.

The Squad Colors should be able to be changed as well.
      ALPHA
      BRAVO
      CHARLIE
      DELTA

Comment

I use Red for enemies and white for friendlies, still looking for the best colour to use for friendlies.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMojay View Post
          I use Red for enemies and white for friendlies, still looking for the best colour to use for friendlies.
          For NC, cyan works pretty well. I made VS bright, light purple (I tried Green, it didn't work so well and looked too blue) and the TR bright red. NC stayed the same as default, because I don't need to clutter my HUD more than it is, and if enemies jump out at me, I don't need friendlies to too. Since you have a weird TR logo, maybe try making NC yellow, VS green, and TR default? If you don't want to distinguish between your two enemies, you could always use a red/green color scheme, you'd never get the two confused.
          I can ADS using more than a 2x without significant stutter! This was a good patch.

Comment

VS as purple doesn't work because of Charlie squad. So I hate them as a light pink. Still looking for something better.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperDudeBT View Post
              VS as purple doesn't work because of Charlie squad. So I hate them as a light pink. Still looking for something better.
              Freudian slip? :D
              "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Randy_Shughart_ClwFL View Post
                Freudian slip? :D
                Hahaha. Didn't notice. Yes, but actually "Swype" keyboard slip. Or, as iPhone users would say, auto-corrected. At least it was still factual ;).

Comment

Just wondering if anyone has chaged their base colors. Also is it better to have one color for all enemy's or one for each faction?
                  "When attacking a stronger opponent, Attack swiftly and with full force at their weakest point— take them out before the can react, or Fall back and engage in guerrilla actions,” Spartan 117.

Comment

I've kept the default colours for enemy as sometime we make agreements not to attack one team in favour of the other, I have made them light or darker, and have changes the squad colours B,C and D to a better colours, as I could never find Delta on the map

(6..~)Z Z z z....

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X