Don't blow up terminals

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't blow up terminals

What it says. When you're taking an AMP station especially and you have the main bay locked down, do not kill the vehicle terminals. Hack them, please. If there are no infiltrators around, still, leave them up. You can always respawn as an infiltrator, and chances are good someone is coming by to hack them. If you destroy them, you're permanently denying them to your team and, at best, slowing the enemy down by a few seconds. Its not worth it, and the points you get, even with double xp weekend, just don't make up for that loss. On other bases when the vehicle terminals are much farther away from the area you're defending than at an AMP station, maybe. Just definitely don't do it at an AMP station.

Also, as an added bonus, especially on Esamir: Lets say you are taking a base from, say, TR, and they have the only tech plant. If you hack one of their terminals you can still pull Vanguards from it. The base retains its connectivity to the techplant, but the vehicle pulled is obviously yours. So don't destroy terminals.
    I can ADS using more than a 2x without significant stutter! This was a good patch.

Re: Don't blow up terminals

Originally posted by Razcsak View Post
    Also, as an added bonus, especially on Esamir: Lets say you are taking a base from, say, TR, and they have the only tech plant. If you hack one of their terminals you can still pull Vanguards from it. The base retains its connectivity to the techplant, but the vehicle pulled is obviously yours.
    To clarify, the NC has no tech plant, the TR has a tech plant, and hacked TR terminals can then spawn Vanguards?

I never knew that. Fascinating.
    Teamwork and Tactics are OP

Strait /strāt/ (Noun) A narrow passage of water connecting two seas or two large areas of water: "the Northumberland Strait".

Comment

Let me give you a counter argument to that. Generator shield goes down, terminals are left in place then all of a sudden they go back up. If their terminals are not destroyed they rush to spawn as many tanks as possible and not only defend the tech plant they create a offense that crushes you. Having the terminals destroyed buys you some time.

Blame the infiltrators for not doing their job, they can do it instantly in the beginning or when they battle is ongoing. Instead they sit and snipe or run ahead to the next base to capture on their own.

Then with that, they should also be capturing turrets so everyone stays alive, which again they don't. My hatred for infiltrators seem too strong?!!
      "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

Originally posted by Strait Raider View Post
        To clarify, the NC has no tech plant, the TR has a tech plant, and hacked TR terminals can then spawn Vanguards?

I never knew that. Fascinating.
        That is correct.

edit to clarify: As long as the TR terminal could have spawned Prowlers. If you have cut off the facility from the TR tech plant, a hacked TR terminal will not be able to spawn Vanguards.

Originally posted by Mimir View Post
        Let me give you a counter argument to that. Generator shield goes down, terminals are left in place then all of a sudden they go back up. If their terminals are not destroyed they rush to spawn as many tanks as possible and not only defend the tech plant they create a offense that crushes you. Having the terminals destroyed buys you some time.
        It buys you the ten seconds it takes for an engineer to repair it., and there WILL be an engineer in the push that forces you out, if only there to provide ammo. I don't blame the infils for not doing their job, because I bought a SMG (sadly, I bought the first one) as soon as I could so that I could do that myself. If I'm assisting in a base assault and it looks like we're about to push into the main, I'll switch to infiltrator. When we load into Gals for tower drops, two or three people of our 36 pull infliltrators (admittedly, I haven't tried it after the most recent tower changes)

If anything, if you're defending a location and are about to lose access to your terminals, blow them up and deny them to the enemy. The inability to pull a Sunderer into the interior of an Amp station hurts them more than it does you, especially if you lose control of the middle. A well-times attack at a time when the shields come back online can be a huge game-changer if they don't have a spawn point inside of the vehicle bay. Likewise, when you're attacking an Amp station and take the bay, your first priority should be to pull Sunderers. Several of them, because you're likely to lose them. You can't do that at all if the terminals are down.
        I can ADS using more than a 2x without significant stutter! This was a good patch.

Comment

Is attacking our own terminals allowed at TG?
          "When attacking a stronger opponent, Attack swiftly and with full force at their weakest point— take them out before the can react, or Fall back and engage in guerrilla actions,” Spartan 117.

Comment

It should not be your intention to destroy your own Tech

Also c4ing, shooting your own vehicles for what ever reason should not be done on the live server.

Other player may see this happen and might:
            Copy you on someone else's vehicle
            Record and/or bad name the outfit
            Copy your intent to shoot TG vehicles

Better to hide it and wait for it to de spawn

Throw away GAL?
            The intention is to have all the squad drop, but the pilot needs to direct the GAL away from the drop area and there is still a chance the empty gal survive the crash. It is not the intention to destroy the gal and the SL may consider its use if it still available when needed.

(6..~)Z Z z z....

Comment

I don't agree with that. Slagging a terminal to prevent it from falling into the hands of the enemy is both practical and representative of real world tactics. There's no shortage of examples in real history where armies purposefully destroyed their own materiel because the enemy was about to take it from them.

I've been in many fights where destroying your OWN terminals pre-emptively is a pretty straightforward and obvious way of preventing the enemy from pulling dangerous assets on us; for instance, in an AMP station or tech plant where the central room is about to be overrun, it's prudent to slag the vehicle terminals to prevent Sunderers or other vehicles from being pulled in the bay and potentially being used as spawns or heavy assets (for instance, Sunderer guns covering the back tunnel in tech plant to counter a MAX crash, or our own AMP station point hold tactics).

It's also not really a big inconvenience for us or the faction as a whole; since we own the base, getting the terminals back is a simple matter of bringing an engineer over, and usually that's the class pulling a vehicle anyways.

Comment

I have to agree with Star, the destruction of the terminal right before it's fall to the enemy is extremely valuable, and expected. As the OP mentions, the enemy can not hack a destroyed terminal and spawn logistics, for instance. Taking a grenade and dropping it on the gas tank is very real world.

As far as Gal's go, I have always disagreed with an "all hands drop" where we ditch the craft. If it's heavy fire I understand, but many many many times it is not
                MacKahan -- Mac-Kay-an In case you were curious. ;-)

sigpic

Comment

I'd like to keep it and protect the asset, but I'd also like another set of boots on the ground and keep the squad together... it's a bit of a challenge to keep squad cohesion and maximize squad impact while also keeping a Galaxy around, especially if it keeps a gunner to avoid being largely useless, so I find myself torn on that one. If I'm running a dedicated ground pounding infantry squad I don't want to be splitting attention and manpower on a skywhale and crew, BUT I'll probably also want speedy transport to a fight... ditching the gal gets us there without compromising the squad strength.

I definitely understand the objection, though.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X