Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [EVENT] Planetside 2 RoundTable 3-22-2013 7PM

TacticalGamer Planetside 2 RoundTable

A discussion on "Squad and Platoon Leading" featuring the veritable BigGaayAl and E-Male and hosted by Wicks.

This Friday the 22nd of March at 7PM EST, join us on TeamSpeak before the "Friday Night Fight" event as Wicks talks to some of our most experienced squad and platoon leaders about how they approach the challenges of leadership in PlanetSide 2.

The Planetside 2 forums at TacticalGamer are a treasure trove of advice, tips and strategies for maximising your enjoyment of a game with a scale that intimidates the very best of us. BigGaayAl and E-Male, amongst many others, have made huge contributions to improving their own, and thus our community's capabilities on the battlefield. This is an opportunity to get a distilled perspective on what techniques they have used to make sense of the chaos of battle, keep their squads together and most importantly, have fun!

"Why should I attend?"
    Whether you're an experienced leader looking for a different perspective, or a squad member that wants to do more squad leading, or even a squad member that wants to know "what in the world are those guys in command thinking!?", there should be something for you. If nothing else, come by and hang out with us for a short while, get to know some of your fellow community members, and then head on out to the battlefield to win and die in glory alongside them in the Friday Night Fight!

"How do I attend?"
    This is not an in-game event. You merely need to be in the "PlanetSide 2 Roundtable" channel on the TacticalGamer Teamspeak server at 7pm EST to participate. Of course, there's nothing to stop you from playing while listening in.

"What's the format?"
    After introductions, our host will ask our guests for their own perspectives on the subject, in addition to a few selected community questions.

Wicks will then open the floor to you for your thoughts. You'll have an opportunity to ask questions during the discussion, but time constraints mean it's more likely your question will be addressed if you post it before the event. So if you have any questions in mind, please post them below to help ensure your question gets asked and so our guests can prepare an answer that your question deserves! Our guests may also ask for feedback from you on their perspective.

We'll rely on your politeness to listen to your host, other people's questions and our guest's answers. The TG code of conduct and will be enforced and the audio session will be recorded.

"What happens if I can't make it?"
    If you miss the event itself, we'll be posting the audio and transcription for posterity.

"What can I post below?"
    Any questions for our guests on the subject of "Squad and Platoon Leading". Try to keep it concise.

Date: Friday March 22nd 2013
    Time: 7 PM EST - 7:45 PM EST sharp.
    Location: TacticalGamer.Com TeamSpeak Server (ts3.tacticalgamer.com:9988), channel "PlanetSide 2 Roundtable".

This event is open to ALL community members.

Re: Planetside 2 RoundTable 3-22-2013 7PM

My wife will be serving doughnuts, coffee, beer, vin rouge, and a wide variety of cheesy comestibles.
    sigpic

Comment

Punch n' Pie? I'm there!

Comment

When is the best time for the platoon to retreat from a heavily contested fight?

How many times is too many when requesting for someone to get back on objective?

What is the best way to ask for them to be removed from squad?
        sigpic

Comment

This is excellent! A great way to connect our ingame leaders and their methods with
          the general outfit population. Also a great way to spread the less intuitive concepts
          regarding leadership and operating large groups.

"What can I post below?"
          Any questions for our guests on the subject of "Squad and Platoon Leading". Try to keep it concise.
          *What is your favorite operation and action of a Squad or Platoon Scale?
          *How do you try to work with the rest of the faction considering the many limitations of the game in telling you about friendly movements?
          *What is your understanding of the 'Rhythm of Battle' on both the tactical and strategic scales?

Comment

Who are you people and where is my horse?

What are your thoughts on the NC Coalition?

Do you have any more of that lovely sharp cheese?

How do I learn to be a squad/platoon leader?

Who made the poster for the event?
            Teamwork and Tactics are OP

Strait /strāt/ (Noun) A narrow passage of water connecting two seas or two large areas of water: "the Northumberland Strait".

Comment

@Strait Raider

1.) Horse burgers are tasty

2.) Not my shindig.

3.) No, I'm hording the sharp Cheddar.

4.) From Fairies.

5.) Aimed.

One of these is not like the others...
              sigpic

Comment

Thanks for your questions guys. Hope to catch up with you all tonight!

Comment

Thanks John for hosting at short notice, and of course to our guests and "audience". Very interesting discussions.

Audio available on http://youtu.be/JmXxskGqe4A when the upload completes.
                  Last edited by CoiledTortoise; 03-23-2013, 12:37 AM.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X