A quick thought

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A quick thought

I got to thinking last night before I checked a map and found that the VS was making a hard push very early in the morning that now would be a good time to try and cap Indar. TR is incredibly disorganized with the suspension of BuzzCutPsycho and TE team killing AOD. I thought the Vanu Sovereignty was busy sleeping at some point during the day, but last night proved that one wrong. But, I was thinking that maybe working with the NCC and uniting our empire, we could do the impossible even when the other empires' population rivals ours. Although, I'm not sure how to develop a general battle plan for an event as large as this, how to coordinate it, and how to lead it. I think I'd be lucky if I would be able to get 1000 people to follow my orders from someone they have never heard of or anything, but first thing first; I need to come up with a plan. I'm not going to put any details in here, seems how certain people could be reading out posts so I'd rather have this be a discussion

"Certainly, being bombarded with 105 millimeter shells is bad. But the knowledge that you've armed your enemy thus, with your sloth and your ineptitude, unfolds in the heart like a poison." Tycho from Penny Arcade in reference to the nuke in MW2

Re: A quick thought

One possible way is to use the command channel to direct people to a objective. Then take some other TG members to reply saying something like "my team is en-route". You have 5-6 people respond, I bet the squads will follow.
    "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

Originally posted by Mech__Warrior View Post
      ITR is incredibly disorganized with the suspension of BuzzCutPsycho and TE team killing AOD.

What what what?

(runs to the Intertubes to search for more info . . .)

"His Twitch stream has been terminated permanently, and he's got a temporary suspension in PS2. He ordered his outfit, TE, to team kill my outfit, AOD, and then joined our Vent and yelled a bunch of homophobic/racial slurs while he was streaming. The team killing has died down, and we've moved on. I would like to say that TE started it, and we didn't put any "hits" out."
      Hmm.

Very interesting.

Particularly the apparent harassment of a female player. In RL that would be a serious crime.
      sigpic

Comment

In real life someone would have put him down a few pegs by now. Probably not by talking to him either :-) Hopefully Sony will make the suspension permanent.

It still baffles me that people would voluntarily take his abuse by being in his Outfit. But then again there are people that will stay in an abusive relationship for years.

The human brain is a funny thing!!
        sigpic

Comment

I will probably devote a few pages in my ethnography of gaming on the very question (and this episode).

Anthropological studies clearly demonstrate that groups pick leaders that, by other culture's standards, are quite "insane" (look at [insert politician's or CEO's name here], for examples close to home), so the example of BCP behaviour is less unusual than it may appear.

The 'outing' of BCP via social media and YouTube -- two aspects that were underdeveloped in his days of PS1 -- speaks volumes of the changing dynamics of the Internet as a social environment that is increasingly unwilling to tolerate toxic haters (some curious parallels to women organizing and outing sexist haters in other online flora the past year).

Much food for thought here.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by E-Male View Post
            What what what?

(runs to the Intertubes to search for more info . . .)

Hmm.

Very interesting.

Particularly the apparent harassment of a female player. In RL that would be a serious crime.
            From what I learned last night, there wasn't any infighting going on but there was an alert to Esamir. While they are still formidable, I think they are still weaker than what they were before the events that transpired.

"Certainly, being bombarded with 105 millimeter shells is bad. But the knowledge that you've armed your enemy thus, with your sloth and your ineptitude, unfolds in the heart like a poison." Tycho from Penny Arcade in reference to the nuke in MW2

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X