• Show
Clear All

• Free Certs

Log on and received 7000+ free certs.

Not sure why.

Happy happy certs!
    sigpic

Re: Free Certs

They're refunds for duplicate items you purchased with SC. This includes both multiple instances of the same gun (HE Lightning across multiple factions) or buying the same gun twice (ie, once normally and then once in a bundle). It looks like you get 700 certs for every duplicate.

edit: Across all characters on your account.
    I can ADS using more than a 2x without significant stutter! This was a good patch.

Comment

Yep. From Higby's twitter...

"Players who bought the same item with 2+ characters prior to account-wide SC unlocks got a cert grant today for the items purchased. Enjoy!"

2+...hmm....E-Male, you running a VS character too? :-)

Comment

Ugh. I wish I got that many certs for doing nothing. -_- Got my hopes up.

"Certainly, being bombarded with 105 millimeter shells is bad. But the knowledge that you've armed your enemy thus, with your sloth and your ineptitude, unfolds in the heart like a poison." Tycho from Penny Arcade in reference to the nuke in MW2

Comment

Originally posted by Razcsak View Post
          (...) or buying the same gun twice (ie, once normally and then once in a bundle). It looks like you get 700 certs for every duplicate.
          Good News!

I only have one character but look like I got about 5200 free certs!!!

WOOOPWOOOPWOOOPWOPWOPWOPWOPWOOOOOP
          Teamwork and Tactics are OP

Strait /strāt/ (Noun) A narrow passage of water connecting two seas or two large areas of water: "the Northumberland Strait".

Comment

Originally posted by Mech__Warrior View Post
            Ugh. I wish I got that many certs for doing nothing. -_- Got my hopes up.
            Some people are reporting that they got free certs for no apparent reason, as they have no duplicates or, in one case, have never had another character. So, get your hopes back up again!
            I can ADS using more than a 2x without significant stutter! This was a good patch.

Comment

http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/i...grants.114869/

Players who did not purchase the same item on multiple characters on the same account should not have been eligible for these cert grants, although some players are reporting that they did. We are investigating why, but right now it is our mistake and we won't be 'confiscating' or rolling back characters which received certs.

-snip-

Additionally, if you purchased an individual item, and later a bundle that contained that individual item, we granted cert points at the same rate for the price of the items purchased from that bundle - this was an error in the logic that was used to collect the cert grants, so those of you who benefitted from this get an extra bonus.
              Personally, I think I benefited in error from bundle calculations. Sounds like a terrible database FUBAR. But at least they are not going to take anything back. What am I going to do with 4000 certs?
              In game handle: Steel Scion
              sigpic

Comment

Certs or Station Cash? If the former, man 1000s are lots of Certs!

I just checked, and unfortunately I was not a beneficiary of the free Cert (nor Station Cash) lottery.
                "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

I was hit with some free certs, but only about 3000! My BR1 VS and TR alts, also received the 3000 certs. I've never bought anything on the other characters.

Comment

Get in there and earn your Certs I say!!

FUN FUN

Comment

Yeah, a few people in my outfit are reporting that they got basically br60 worth of certs instantly. So far, I've only seen reports of enough certs to jump to br100 on the official forums, so I wouldn't trust them, but SOE did SOMETHING horribly bugged on that cert bonanza.

edit: Pooossibly related to the test server. Unlocking duplicates over there may have triggered a lot of this.

edit2: I can understand the anger that all the subscribers have; they've been paying ~15/month for bonus certs, and now all of a sudden people are getting more certs than they've ever had just dropped into their lap. SOE's kind of in a lose-lose situation here.

Comment

Didn't win the lottery, I guess it's hit and miss.

"Certainly, being bombarded with 105 millimeter shells is bad. But the knowledge that you've armed your enemy thus, with your sloth and your ineptitude, unfolds in the heart like a poison." Tycho from Penny Arcade in reference to the nuke in MW2

Comment

I want! Better grab a spare moment tomorrow to check!

Comment

Did any of you guys that received certs but thought that you shouldn't ever buy any of the bundles for your char?

I ask because I haven't received any free certs (I wasn't expecting to) and I have also never bought a bundle of any kind, just individual items.
                            So I'm wondering if the error relates to bundle purchases. As in, if you have ever bought one you have been refunded the full value (in certs) regardless of whether it was considered a cross char or double purchase or not.

Have any of you that have bought a bundle in the past not received free certs?

I have to say though, a c**k up of this magnitude is great for those getting all these certs, but massively unfair on those that aren't. Especially those like myself that put a lot of playtime in and have spent quite a bit of real money on the game. Seeing all these people 40 or more levels below my rank with more certs than I ever had, considering the amount of money I have also spent, is a bit disconcerting to say the least.
                            It matters not what letters or numbers come before my name, I'll always be 1stMIP.

sigpic

"It is all about being a teamplayer. Give a kitchen sink to a teamplayer and he'll find a way to support his squad with it."
                            - John_CANavar (Marshall & Founder of the 1st Mechanized Infantry Platoon)

Comment

Yeah, no kidding Finestyle.

And you may be on to something. Like you, I never bought any bundles, only individual items. And I did NOT win the free cert lottery either.

I have also read a lot about it having to do with bundles, FWIW.
                              "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X