NC10 guys combined ops?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NC10 guys combined ops?

I think we should extend a hand of friendship towards the guys in the NC10 Outfit.

I have played with them a few times now and if I hadn't checked in the squad menu I wouldn't have known I wasn't playing with TG guys. They run their squads exactly like we do except they encourage squad chat.
    Even though they encourage it I didn't hear anymore than we have in our squads. Mostly inbetween points on the drive to or from.

Now let me be clear I don't mean invite them to our Outfit or us join them. I would just like to see a well run Outfit join us for a Friday night fight sometime. If we could start the night with two full Platoons we could be the ones dictating the course of battle instead of almost always reacting to what the larger forces are doing.

Just a thought. Let me know what you guys think. Todd
    sigpic

Re: NC10 guys combined ops?

All for it.
    In game handle: Steel Scion
    sigpic

Comment

Its a good idea as long as both outfits work to achieve the same goal. That will take some mature gaming.

Comment

I had a blast with TAS last night as well, (Locked out of Amerish where TG was fighting) even lead their platoon for a half hour while their leader popped out. (TG represent!)

We led a full platoon for several hours on Indar, and man did we get s*** done! I joined when we were falling back from TI alloys, and was promoted to SL during a heated biolab defense at Allatum. Once the attack was beaten back I was promoted to PL, mechanized the platoon and headed south to capture Snake Ravine Lookout and Crossroads Watchtower. As we were prepping to move off, Angels of Death rolled a massive armor zerg at us along with formation-flying Liberators with Mossie support. I spun the platoon around to the chokepoint at Broken Arch Road and we crushed AOD utterly. We captured Broken Arch, then faced off another AOD armor/air assault. Our TAS PL returned, and handed off command, though they were more than willing to allow me to continue. We pushed down and established a beachhead at Tawrich, then peeled off two squads to quickly capture Scarred Mesa, Spec Ops and Stronghold, before folding back and capturing Tawrich. At that point AOD returned with almost double strength after the ending of the Amerish alert. We held the line with the help of some random players ("Blueberries", as TAS calls them, appropriate given their color, shape, and sporadic disposition) for about 15 minutes. As the defenses began to fold, the PL called us back to the warpgate. We loaded up 4 galaxies and struck deep into the Vanu north, capturing most of the western desert despite being outnumbered 2:1 by the Vanu. After this I passed off leadership of my squad, (less than 30 seconds to get a volunteer, wow!) friend invites were exchanged, and I called it a night. I was very impressed both with the quality of leadership and the willingness to cooperate with and even pass command to outside members.

Well, that turned into a bit more of a story than I had meant to. I guess what I'm getting at is, there is a lot of agreeable people out there we could work with. We just need to be willing to cooperate.

For starters, lets have our platoon leads hop into the NC Coalition TS channel! There is inter-outfit cooperation going on there every weekend. Just sign on, put on your outfit tags, state your location and force composition and wait for requests / issue requests.
        Teamwork and Tactics are OP

Strait /strāt/ (Noun) A narrow passage of water connecting two seas or two large areas of water: "the Northumberland Strait".

Comment

I would be willing to join the NC coalition channel but I thought it was all hush hush and only certain people were aloud in it.
          sigpic

Comment

We are trying to keep a reasonable level of security, but it's nothing extreme. Apply here: http://nccoalition.enjin.com/home

Myself, YTman, or one of the other TG guys there will vet you. The TS information is available inside.
            Teamwork and Tactics are OP

Strait /strāt/ (Noun) A narrow passage of water connecting two seas or two large areas of water: "the Northumberland Strait".

Comment

Guise,

We have already co-ordinated with NC10 a couple different times, you may have not been aware of it. :)

One of the first nights I was PL, I just happened upon some of their leadership in a cap room. I had noticed that we were attacking a base along with a lot of blueberries, except a lot of them had NC10 tags. They also seemed a bit more organized. While we were waiting for the flag to cap, we started chatting in prox and it just so happened that it was some of their leadership I was in the cap room with. :) After chatting a while, they gave me the NC Coalition (NCC) comms TS server info, and we co-ordinated with them the rest of the night. They assigned me a dedicated radioman in the Coalition comms channel, whom I kept in contact with periodically throughout the evening (they use almost the exact radio procedures we do, starting off transmission with channel break of "Coalition comms" and waiting for ack before proceeding). Their platoon or two would take the larger bases / bigger fights and our smaller platoon (couple squads at the time, maybe it was later at night) operated as a flanking force, taking smaller, adjoining bases. Often times we would work around a larger base taking the smaller territories in order to help give them more adjacency. It was a beautiful thing, knowing where a large friendly force was going for certain, and then being able to plan where we were going based off of that. It worked very well, we started that night off almost warpgated and ended up with a continent lock, IIRC.

Ever since then, I have been idling in the NCC comms almost every night I am in game. Some nights there is activity, but it seems to have dropped off a lot lately. Or, what usually happens is that I see some of the other Outfit representatives in the channel for a different continent than we are operating on. If anyone is really interested in idling in there, I can pass on the TS info to you (assuming I know who you are, we don't want any spiezors!!11!!! lol). My thought is that we should be represented in channel as often as possible, so I suppose the more coverage times someone is idling in there with the TG tags the better.

One thing I did not ever get around to doing, was to register on the NCC forums. Or maybe I did but never really participated. Although one of my contacts at NC10 had told me that sometimes the NCC do plan multi-Outfit events on certain dates. I thought that we should probably check up on that and cross post the info here on our forums for any of our members who might also want to participate. For any of those with concerns, the Coalition is not any sort of top down leadership, it is just as the name implies, a Coalition. Outfits of all sizes willingly work together, basically "so we don't all attack the same place." Which I think is always a good idea. :)

Now, if we are going to talk about actual combined ops, I have also been becoming friendly with some of the leadership of AACE (the flying Outfit in our server). They said they run mostly air, with only maybe a squad or two on the ground usually. They are pretty well known in server and often have almost if not full platoons of aircraft up and operating (can you imagine!). I said we were like the opposite, mostly infantry with maybe one squad of air sometimes. lol So we both agreed that it might be a good fit to co-ordinate ops one night. Due to their nature as an air force, they apparently do that with other Outfits on a fairly regular basis, in fact I think they have a set day of the week for it. When speaking to their Leader about it, he seemed very interested. This is something I had already been working on, and will get back to as soon as I get a chance, but if there is more interest I could bump it up the priority list.
              "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X