X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GU7 is out

http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/i...ate-07.117226/

my fav updates:

1)"The Squad listing in the social window should now display additional squads when scrolling down"

2)And they hopefully fixed the flash so I can do mega jumps again!

Re: GU7 is out

Looks like some good UI changes, including quicker switching of common items (weapon load outs and camo) and map improvements.

Comment

Yes, what Al said, plus now it says friendly force levels should be showing correctly in the map. Also, as DA said can change all your camo with only one button. :D That one in particular I have been looking for, in fact even registered on the SOE forums so I could bump an older thread discussing it. :)
      "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Finally, ribbons for defending bases! It's about time! That and weapon stats! Yay!

"Certainly, being bombarded with 105 millimeter shells is bad. But the knowledge that you've armed your enemy thus, with your sloth and your ineptitude, unfolds in the heart like a poison." Tycho from Penny Arcade in reference to the nuke in MW2

Comment

Added option to toggle off inverting steering controls when a tank goes into reverse.
          FINALLY!

Some other nice bits:

Not mentioned in the notes - Camos now apply much better to helmets. That really bothered me before.

The ability to automatically apply camo to all weapons/vehicles/armors is awesome.

Little buttons to resupply grenades/mines are very handy and natural to use.

Countdown timers for capping look very useful. It's easier than ever to get a handle on the situation by looking at the map.

That snubnose .357 kills in 3 shots. Sounds neat. But why aren't revolvers an NC exclusive!?!
          Teamwork and Tactics are OP

Strait /strāt/ (Noun) A narrow passage of water connecting two seas or two large areas of water: "the Northumberland Strait".

Comment

Originally posted by Strait Raider View Post
            That snubnose .357 kills in 3 shots. Sounds neat. But why aren't revolvers an NC exclusive!?!
            Slap an underbarrel shotgun and a coat of blue paint on it.
            In game handle: Steel Scion
            sigpic

Comment

"Spawn beacon should not get into a state where it constantly resets"

Yay, hopefully I will be able to spawn on beacons again. I haven't been able to do so for weeks! What's up with removing blinking territory? I kind of liked it.

Comment

Originally posted by Strait Raider View Post
                But why aren't revolvers an NC exclusive!?!
                Don't worry, you have an exclusive on every other decent weapon. ;)

/envious Vanu.
                |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
                Irregular since 2007.

Comment

Oh pish posh. Enjoy your Magrider buff! (O.o)

A revolver just seems like such an NC weapon. It screams space redneck! NC is all about low fire rate, high-damage weapons. TR gets machine-pistols, VS gets middle-ROF, mid-damage with no drop, and NC gets hand-cannons.

TR still has the highest DPS, Vanu still has middle-ground with no drop, but NC no longer have their signature style.

Our pistol specialty is now the ability to pick a middle ground between the Magshot/Manticore/Emperor and Commissioner/Underboss. :P

I guess I always felt from the outset like the Rebel should have been the default NC pistol, with a revolver as their alt. SOE's slowly making all the factions identical! The war on Auraxis will finally end when every soldier wears grey and can't tell who they're fighting anymore. :D
                  Teamwork and Tactics are OP

Strait /strāt/ (Noun) A narrow passage of water connecting two seas or two large areas of water: "the Northumberland Strait".

Comment

Hotfix:http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/i.../#post-1596874
                    All capture times have now been standardized:

Small Outposts take 4 minutes
                    Large Outposts take 7 minutes
                    Facilities take 10 minutes
                    Influence bonus during capture has been removed
                    Bonus for number of players on the point has been removed
                    My response to this is mixed.
                    sigpic

Comment

Does this mean it caps the same if 1 player is on the point or 6 are one the point?
                      sigpic

Comment

Heh, so one person gets the un-enjoyable job of sitting on his ass for 10 minutes while the facility gets capped? Ugh.

Hrmm, just read some more. Looks like you flip it, and nobody needs to be near control point. It just counts down until its flipped again.

This also means adjacency doesn't matter.

Comment

That's bad. Or rather, until they redesign the maps with the interlink system, it removes several layers of strategic thinking.

It should make defense less onerous, since you can now establish a proper perimeter without worrying about stepping outside the magic I-own-this-flag radius.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Steeler View Post
                            Hotfix:http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/i.../#post-1596874

My response to this is mixed.
                            The dumbing down of this game has begun, to cater to the mouth breathers. It will be completed with the lattice system. If this kind of stupidity continues, I will go back to playing Project Reality...
                            "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

THey really screwed up the capture mechanics. Well it isn't bad that it takes time; it's bad that the game forces 80 players to huddle and wait for points.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X