Important info for Squad Leaders

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [INFO] Important info for Squad Leaders

In a platoon and have a problem player? Don't want to bug the PL but don't know what to do? I give you glorious slash command!!!!

/squad kick <playername>

I confirmed this to work today. Keep in mind that you need to type the exact player name minus an clan tags, so this will not work "/squad kick [TG] johnflenaly", but this will "/squad kick johnflenaly". I have not tested whether capitalization is important or not but would do it just to be safe.

Re: Important info for Squad Leaders

Caps won't matter as you don't need to be that specific when inviting or messaging users and it will be standard across the engine. With those kind of text commands its common practice to use something close to a toLower(player.command.getname());

Comment

well that helps a lot. you'd think they'd just give SL's a right click option in the squad screen, or off of the arrow itself.

These Things We Do... That Other's May Live

Comment

Thanks John, I hate to bother the PL with squad admin issues.

Comment

Thanks john that does help a lot. I have recently started trying to squad lead, mostly due to the fact that all to often platoon lead calls for a squad leader to step up and gets a reply of complete silence. I have been squad leader three times now and two of those three times I have been able to get one or two people to follow orders; the last time I lead a squad being the worst because not one single person was following orders. The one time I was able to get squad mates to follow orders was when Randy was platoon lead; and I feel that's because he lets everyone know from the start if there is anyone not following orders to let him know and they will be kicked. I had a awesome time leading a squad that day and we were, as a squad pretty affective on the battlefield. Because I am new to squad leading I don't try to micro manage my squad. All I ask of my squad, until I get a bit more confidence to implement my own tactics, is stick together so we can watch each others back and when we are given orders, we act on those orders as soon as possible. The biggest problem I was having was when we were caping a base and platoon lead gave orders for my squad to brake off and support another squad some were else, my squad didn't want to move because of missing out on certs. So it usually ends up with me in a empty sundy on my way to give support. If I had to ask platoon lead every time I needed someone kicked, he would of had his hands full all night with just that, so I didn't bother him with it. Knowing now that squad lead can kick a player is going to be very useful because I find after you kick one player for not following orders over and over again, the rest of the squad tends to fall in line. I don't know if I will squad lead any time soon after my recent experience but if I do this tip from john will be very useful. Any other tips on squad leading would be very useful, at least for me. Thanks

Comment

From now on, "/squad kick johnflenaly" is the first thing I'll type when becoming an SL. Thanks, John!
            In game handle: Steel Scion
            sigpic

Comment

@Dropumdead - Thanks for stepping to try the SL role. I hope you continue down that path as we are always in need of competent SLs and PLs.

Garthra recently posted an excellent SL/PL guide over in the Strategy and Tactics forum. There are a bunch of other great threads in that forum as well. Any folks that want to learn more or join the discussions about tactics, SL/PL common practices, force structure or a host of other topics should make it a regular stop on their rounds.

Comment

@dropumdead (ndeep),

Yeah thanks for stepping up and squad leading man. :) Sometimes it can be a lot of fun, other times it can be like herding cats! :D

I think you have been in my squads enough to know, one of the first things I usually do when I feel I have a few (or several) guys not listening, is to pull a muster. I have everyone meet me in the same location ("everyone form up on me in the ground floor main garage of Jaeger's Crossing.") I will also say "if you are not here in 30 seconds I am going to have to remove you from the squad, and I don't want to have to do that."

Sometimes I will also type it in text chat, just to make sure it is heard / seen but honestly if they can't hear / follow what you are saying in the mic do you want them in your squad? Personally I feel that I can do more with 5 guys that listen than a full quad of 12 where some of the guys are not listening. It depends on how patient I am feeling as far as how much leeway I give I suppose. But realize sometimes guys may be AFK for a moment, using the restroom and they might have been following along for a while and just stepped away at that moment, or they might have the mic bug and can't hear you, so it's a balance you have to strike in deciding how hasty you need to be in kicking people out of your squad. I will also say "if you cannot get here for some reason (just pulled a Max, etc.) please answer up in voice or type something in text chat so that I know you can hear me."

But as you say, usually after you kick one or two guys, they see that you mean business and usually fall in after that.

If you would like to try your hand at squad leading again some time, most of the NCOs and/or Officers I think would be happy to drop in with you and help you keep the troops in line, on a night when they are not SLing another squad (or PLing) themselves. I know I would, please don't hesitate to message me in game some time (if you see I am not SLing or PLing another squad) and I will be happy to ride shotgun in your squad and maybe even give you a few pointers (in private, of course, perhaps via /tells, so as not for the whole squad to hear). As P.Drona correctly points out, we are always in need of additional competent SLs and PLs. And my offer stands not only for ndeep, but for anyone who would like to try their hand at SLing. I would be more than happy to help out, especially when it comes to developing greater numbers of leaders within TG.

Originally posted by Steeler View Post
                From now on, "/squad kick johnflenaly" is the first thing I'll type when becoming an SL. Thanks, John!
                hahahahahaha!!!!
                "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

I will probably have 5 people in my squad alot now :) I hate Hate! asking PL to kick ppl. Now all we need is to get a move cmmd :) Sorry if the PL is breathing down my neck I can now breath down yours. Keep it together men!

Oh if the player keeps rejoining you can also make your squad private first then kick for maybe 3 minutes so the peabrained player loses intrest :) I would go private after the 2nd time. give him that chance to straighten up.

FUN FUN

Comment

As said, very useful info ty. Now the SL can take full control of and responsibility for the squad.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X