Warning: LWTX no Longer NCC Friendly

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warning: LWTX no Longer NCC Friendly

I copied and pasted this from the NCC website, as their forums are closed if you are not registered there (for obvious reasons). I have tried to clean up the formatting a bit to make it more legible.

Warning: LWTX no longer NCC friendly
    6 replies
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    MagnumOpus
    11 posts
    +1 votes
    Outfit Representative

Hi all, some of you may remember me as a LWTX officer some months ago. I wanted to let you know that, as a result of most of our core staff stopping or significantly reducing how often they were playing PS2, the old guard of idiot griefers has essentially pulled off a coup.

You should consider the LWTX tag potentially hostile. Here's the new disposition so you can see what I'm talking about:

"Exciting news! The old ways have returned, and our glorious pals Admiral Snuggles and Synthetic are now among us! Sir Charles and I have reinstated their rightful positions within the command staff. So let's get ready to harass and TK pubbies with all the pride and glory GOON is known for."

I no longer play the game and can't help you out with any of this but I wanted you to have some forewarning. It was fun working with you all while it lasted!

- Magnum
    MagnumOpus
    [LWTX] Command Council
    Posted Mon at 21:52 OP

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Dzire
    43 posts
    +2 votes
    Outfit Leader (CML)

Sorry to hear this, Magnum. When you and 2fat were at the head it was really a pleasure working with yall. Is there any one of the officers here from LTWX that need to have their rights revoked?

Thank you for giving us a heads-up, I'll make sure my guys know.
    - Dzire

Posted Mon at 22:37
    0 votes

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[CML] Valiant Viet
    1 posts
    0 votes
    Outfit Member

Thanks for the warning. It was nice rolling with you guys.

Posted Mon at 23:17
    0 votes

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ltiy
    4 posts
    0 votes
    Outfit Leader

That was quick... Not long ago I really thought LWTX was going to be a great center piece in the NCC.

Too bad things did not work out. I'll let my officers know and thank you Magnum for taking the time to let us know.
    Posted Tue at 1:13 Last edited Tue at 1:21
    0 votes

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gamepro03
    6 posts
    0 votes
    Outfit Leader

Well that's no good :/ Sorry that it came to this.. thanks much for the warning.
    Posted Tue at 1:59
    0 votes

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dzire
    43 posts
    +2 votes
    Outfit Leader

More information I received earlier today:
    Anonymous wrote:
    LWTX was dissolved because we let someone promoted AdmiralSnuggles (former leader of GOON) back to highest outfit rank just so he could "lead squads" which isn't true since anyone can lead a squad, he just missed the power he had from GOON. Basically that caused the other leaders of LWTX to say **** it and kick everyone from LWTX except for highest rank members becausr you can't kick other outfit leaders.

Of course, AdmiralSnuggles and his clique went back to GOON since he had an alt squat the outfit incase he needed it later, so basically GOON is back in full force, everyone in their outfit has agreed to just tk pubs for fun like they used to including people that are "Try-hards" (he would say that the coalition are try hards even though you guys are amazing at support and teamwork)

I just wanted to alert you and then for you to tell the rest of the coalition to beware of the GOON tag because they're going to be doing the same stupid **** they did 4 or so months ago that caused our outfits to split up for a bit and if you don't remember, that was when AdmiralSnuggles decided to C4 about 40 coalition maxes for "not moving fast enough"

Most of the good blood has moved over to a VS outfit [GOKU] that plays in our community and most of us no longer want to play with GOON, or can't.
    I figure just tell anyone that is tk'd by GOON to report it and let the GMs decide their fate - if they enjoy tk'ing then they will pay for it too

I would suggest we let our outfit members know that retaliating will only feed the trolls and make it worse. Make sure your outfits are aware.
    "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Re: Warning: LWTX no Longer NCC Friendly

Shoot I played with GOON dudes back before I guess they went super-douche mode. Never experienced the "TK friendlies" that this outlines, which is unfortunate to hear.

These Things We Do... That Other's May Live

Comment

takes some skill to c4 forty maxes at once...... ;)

all your sarcasm alerts better have gone off :)

sad to hear about this
      |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

Sounds like the Maxes were rallying for a Max crash.

That's a crying shame. I'll miss seeing [GOON] tags and breathing a sigh of relief that the cavalry had arrived.

Nothing to do for it now but hang out the "Don't feed the trolls" sign. Don't rise to the bait, let them get tired of it and leave.
        Teamwork and Tactics are OP

Strait /strāt/ (Noun) A narrow passage of water connecting two seas or two large areas of water: "the Northumberland Strait".

Comment

GOON was pretty much the only hard counter to a TE/AOD/TR Followers zerg if you didn't have the NC Alliance of TG, TAS, CML, WMD, BL, and others already together.

Comment

I play with them. Most of GOON just wants to shoot red/purple dudes. I don't think you'll see much of a change, honestly, other than that the tag is back to GOON from LWTX. I can't promise anything, though. All I know is from my end, I felt like the NCC wasn't really holding anything together right before we switched back to GOON. Remember, most of GOON switched to LWTX partially because a huge chunk of us think TK'ing people is stupid, and the rest followed. I haven't played much at all since the switch, but I wouldn't worry too much about it.

When you all say "full platoon every night" do you mean full platoon of tagged, mic'd TG, or do you mean TG SLs/PLs leading pubs? Because when we tried running open-ish squads, it didn't work out so hot (partially because we're bad at using ingame chat and rely on mumble too much). If GOON gets really bad, I might switch over to y'all. Feel free to friend me ingame, too, I wouldn't mind joining some TG squads. Same name as here.

edit: Something that isn't clear from that post is that everyone in LWTX got booted. You shouldn't see a single LWTX tag ever, since I'm not even sure if the outfit exists anymore.
            Last edited by Razcsak; 05-08-2013, 11:29 PM.
            I can ADS using more than a 2x without significant stutter! This was a good patch.

Comment

A mix Raz of TG/Pubbies, not just SLs leading randoms.

Comment

Think thats bad, we got the troll army on waterson.

But atleast they are in our faction.

Comment

I played with the GOON guys quite a bit before they made the switch to LWTX. They didn't run many public squads (I used to get invites from Synthet1c, a friend of mine, and someone who has respect for TG since he used to play on our PR server, he asked me many times to join Higby's heros when he did, but he understood my commitment to TG since I've been here since 2005/6).

TBH I never witnessed anyone intentionally TKing people just for the hell of it, except maybe when they done a treasure hunt and one of the many objectives on the list was to receive an angry /tell from a friendly. They just weren't bothered about TK's in general, I heard a few conversations in their mumble where they would just shrug it off when they got TK'd by some random idiot, most of them understood it just happens both to them, and by them.

I would hear a lot of people in game saying they we're intentional tk'ers and how they would always get tk'd by them, but to be honest, they had so many members that when you stick a bunch of people in an area and 80% of them have [GOON] tags then you are statistically more likely to be tk'd by them.

There probably is some bad apples in there, but overall most of them were alright guys, and they actually did make a difference on the battlefield when I was with them, and not just because of numbers.

All I'm saying is don't over react and assume that anyone with a GOON or LWTX tag is an idiot griefer, because it's not the case.
                  It matters not what letters or numbers come before my name, I'll always be 1stMIP.

sigpic

"It is all about being a teamplayer. Give a kitchen sink to a teamplayer and he'll find a way to support his squad with it."
                  - John_CANavar (Marshall & Founder of the 1st Mechanized Infantry Platoon)

Comment

That at least explains why we're getting our butts kicked day in and day out by GOKU.

"Certainly, being bombarded with 105 millimeter shells is bad. But the knowledge that you've armed your enemy thus, with your sloth and your ineptitude, unfolds in the heart like a poison." Tycho from Penny Arcade in reference to the nuke in MW2

Comment

Originally posted by Mech__Warrior View Post
                      That at least explains why we're getting our butts kicked day in and day out by GOKU.
                      They didn't really gain too many good people, honestly. They've always been like that.
                      I can ADS using more than a 2x without significant stutter! This was a good patch.

Comment

Originally posted by Finestyle View Post
                        I played with the GOON guys quite a bit before they made the switch to LWTX. They didn't run many public squads (I used to get invites from Synthet1c, a friend of mine, and someone who has respect for TG since he used to play on our PR server, he asked me many times to join Higby's heros when he did, but he understood my commitment to TG since I've been here since 2005/6).

TBH I never witnessed anyone intentionally TKing people just for the hell of it, except maybe when they done a treasure hunt and one of the many objectives on the list was to receive an angry /tell from a friendly. They just weren't bothered about TK's in general, I heard a few conversations in their mumble where they would just shrug it off when they got TK'd by some random idiot, most of them understood it just happens both to them, and by them.

I would hear a lot of people in game saying they we're intentional tk'ers and how they would always get tk'd by them, but to be honest, they had so many members that when you stick a bunch of people in an area and 80% of them have [GOON] tags then you are statistically more likely to be tk'd by them.

There probably is some bad apples in there, but overall most of them were alright guys, and they actually did make a difference on the battlefield when I was with them, and not just because of numbers.

All I'm saying is don't over react and assume that anyone with a GOON or LWTX tag is an idiot griefer, because it's not the case.
                        I've been TK-ed by a GOON member so he could get the points for destroying a generator I had been waiting to destroy before he arrived. NP, just kill me and get points. THen i went to complain to one of his nearby squadmembers, supposing this was not behaviour that is good for GOON. I did it olitely. THe other squadmember then TK-ed me.

If I see GOON on the battlefield I stay as far away as I possibly can. THis is just one incident, but I've heard many people had similar experiences. NOw I don't assume anything about an individual GOON player per se, but when they are driving trough your lines you better get out of the way, because there is a good chance they are just going to drive trough as if you're not there and possibly run over half your squad.

Comment

Gotta say, I've been working with and around GOON a lot the past couple of weeks, and I haven't seen any issues come up. Seems to be same old, same old, and I'm glad to have them on Mattherson. Don't let the propaganda and rumours get to you.

Honestly, I've seen more incidents from other big outfits like TAS and even CML, though I know they both have respectable, mature leadership.

When you get big, it's hard to keep out all the bad apples, GOON will have the problem as well, as they always have. But don't start saying "Oh those good-for-nothing GOONs" if you get griefed by an individual once. If you feel the need, report it through the proper channels. Keep Calm and Respawn.
                          Teamwork and Tactics are OP

Strait /strāt/ (Noun) A narrow passage of water connecting two seas or two large areas of water: "the Northumberland Strait".

Comment

Originally posted by Strait Raider View Post
                            Gotta say, I've been working with and around GOON a lot the past couple of weeks, and I haven't seen any issues come up. Seems to be same old, same old, and I'm glad to have them on Mattherson. Don't let the propaganda and rumours get to you.

Honestly, I've seen more incidents from other big outfits like TAS and even CML, though I know they both have respectable, mature leadership.

When you get big, it's hard to keep out all the bad apples, GOON will have the problem as well, as they always have. But don't start saying "Oh those good-for-nothing GOONs" if you get griefed by an individual once. If you feel the need, report it through the proper channels. Keep Calm and Respawn.
                            I hear what you say straitrairder. But don't call bullets to the head "propaganda and rumors" though. If someone did such a thing in our platoon most likely someone would notice it and they would be axed or put on probation.

If you start an outfit and let it grow way beyond your ability to manage it, then your intentions may be the very best, but effect is going to be predictable. In the start of this game when you got near a goon platoon, there would just be tk's and roadkills going on all over. That was before though. I haven't seen the goon hordes for a pretty long time.

Comment

Well I have to apologize in advance then, I was in the server today at a bio lab with my flash. The shields had been taken down and I was positioned at the lower transporter when some dude pulls his sundy in front of me. There was no enemy on the ground so I told him that we were positioned to take out enemy teleporting down from the bio lab and simply moved my flash to cover the teleporter. He then backs up and runs over me, taking out me and my flash. I spawned back as a heavy and blasted his sundy to an inch of it's life and told him next time I'll take it out. Of course he told me to "go f**k yourself", I told him "I'll f**k you next time".......... so I want to apologize for my demeanor, but at least I earned the name RAGE honestly.

Let me say I'm 6'3" and 250lbs.....I always stand up for the little guy and the weak and always look for fair play which is why I joined TG. So please over look my moments of indiscretion when I encounter the bullies on the server. I don't take it in RL and won't on a server either.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X