Infantry-Only Platoon: Training Ops

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [EVENT] Infantry-Only Platoon: Training Ops

After witnessing BigGaayAl running an infantry-only squad last night I began to hatch plans to run the occasional infantry-only platoon.

Not sure how it will go as it requires SLs to exercise very tight control over their men. Only one Sunderer per squad, no other vehicles (possible exception of a Flash-radar, as used by Randy in the above scenario). All squad members must be in very tight cohesion, operating in close proximity.

After kicking a few of the weaker links each squad should see a rise in cohesion, discipline and effectiveness.

It is very easy to see who is not following orders in an infantry-only operation, so discipline can be rigorously maintained.

My plan will be to find a very active front/contested target and use the squads to contain the perimeter. I will deploy the squads within the same zone with sufficient proximity so as to maximize force ratio and enable platoon-wide target designation if necessary. These are of course ideal conditions, geography and battle conditions will dictate details.

I will attempt to create a platoon this evening (Sunday 19/5/2013) around 8:00 pm EST.

Let me know if you intend to participate.
    sigpic

Re: Infantry-Only Platoon: Training Ops

I've got a couple things I've gotta take care of today, but I'm down for any type of training ops.

Is it okay if I come a little late to the party?

Comment

This is an informal event -- you may join in at any time!
      sigpic

Comment

excellent. I'll cya guys there.

Comment

Two orders for a SL:

1) stay with me
          2) no vehicles

If you enforce those using "/squad kick playername", it gets pretty easy after that and you can focus on the PL's whims.

I hadn't seen or I would have joined. Perhaps we could do it tonight. I think I'll be on (may 20th).

Comment

Did not happen last night. A platoon was already running, so I just formed a infantry-only squad within the platoon.

Will continue to run infantry-only often as I want to master this form.

Uploading a 12 minute sequence from last night that documents the infantry-only squad and the way I use a fireteam leader.

I plan to use a fireteam leader as my 2IC in my squad as often as I have a competent squad member to draw upon.

And Al is right -- if you consistently and politely enforce two simple rules -- stay with me, no vehicles -- very soon you eliminate the weakest links and develop a cohesive squad.

More later!
            sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...