Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Might want to hold back buying weapons with certs for now.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [ANNOUNCEMENT] Might want to hold back buying weapons with certs for now.

Hey guys, as you may have noticed, gu9 is coming out this week. Rumors have showed up from the test server that they will significantly lower gun prices certwise. It has not been confirmed yet, but you still might want to wait until the update rolls out before you buy the new weapons.

imgur.com/a/yhcl9 (picture taken from public test server)

“Big Brother is Watching You.”
    ― George Orwell, "1984"

Re: Might want to hold back buying weapons with certs for now.

Originally posted by penandpencilman View Post
    Hey guys, as you may have noticed, gu9 is coming out this week. Rumors have showed up from the test server that they will significantly lower gun prices certwise. It has not been confirmed yet, but you still might want to wait until the update rolls out before you buy the new weapons.

imgur.com/a/yhcl9 (picture taken from public test server)
    While its good advice to never buy things before a major update, I would not read into this too much. They've also added the option to buy cosmetics with certs on test, and I suspect that its there just to encourage people to try new things and branch out while on test.
    I can ADS using more than a 2x without significant stutter! This was a good patch.

Comment

Interesting. Looks like they might be giving it a 1:1 SC:Cert ratio.

While this would mean lower cert costs for the most expensive weapons, (700 certs down from 1000) it would actually result in an increase in both moderate-price (500 certs up from 250 certs) and low-price (250 certs up from 100 certs) items.

So buy the cheap stuff while it's still cheap. While it looks like it's going to be a slightly bad exchange overall for players, I do approve of it on the whole. Weapons are supposed to be sidegrades, and making their pricing more equal should increase the variety that we see.

However, I view this as the least important aspect of those pictures.

IF they were to make boosts available for certs, it becomes self-perpetuating for any player able to put in a decent amount of play time. Boosts give you more certs which give you more boosts... etc.

It seems like this would be a bad move for SOE, and I'd be very surprised to see it make it in.

Now in addition to that, the idea of being able to buy BUNDLES for certs, means that non-spending players would have access to cosmetic items previously only available to paying players. I'd be surprised to see them go this route.

Have you been on the test server yourself? Is there a chance that these pictures are a hoax?
      Teamwork and Tactics are OP

Strait /strāt/ (Noun) A narrow passage of water connecting two seas or two large areas of water: "the Northumberland Strait".

Comment

Whether or not it is practical for soe to allow certs for cosmetics, I hope they implement. I refuse to use real money to make my character look like a character from star wars or have camo.

“Big Brother is Watching You.”
        ― George Orwell, "1984"

Comment

Originally posted by penandpencilman View Post
          Whether or not it is practical for soe to allow certs for cosmetics, I hope they implement. I refuse to use real money to make my character look like a character from star wars or have camo.
          Totally disagree with you, there. Quite honestly, I'd prefer that ONLY the cosmetic items would be bought for cash, and only cash. It reduces the developer's incentives to screw with game balance for the sake of making a quick buck, which is one of the more infuriating elements of Free to Play game design, to me. It's one of the things that got me completely fed up with Tribes: Ascend.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X