Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any tips that work with my leading style

Howdy Howdy TG,

I've been PL a few times and have lead a few platoons that helped win a couple alerts to my satisfaction, but I was hoping for some tips that may better help me PL and get everyone I lead into peak performance. Those that have seen me lead under various conditions have seen me adapt and change into a better leader and hopefully I can get even better with any tips ya'll have for me that coincide with my current leading style.

Re: Any tips that work with my leading style

I can't recall if I've seen this issue from you specifically, but I've seen it from everyone, myself included, so I figure I'll mention it:

Know when to retreat. If a base is obviously being overwhelmed, i.e the enemy has all the points locked down and you don't have the ability to reliably recapture them, there should be no delay in calling the retreat. Unless you are in coalition/leader comms and know there are reinforcements coming, it is almost always better to call the retreat sooner rather than later. Unless you can reliably re-cap at least one point, all your effort won't even slow the enemy down. Meanwhile, an organized outfit will often already have advanced forces in the next sector, laying the groundwork for the advance. Your time could be better spent sweeping for these units and preparing the ground for the enemy assault - place mines, repair generators and turrets, organize armor and air assets. This gives you a fighting chance at breaking the enemy's momentum. If you hang on till the bitter end, you're going to be scrambling to set up your next defence with the enemy already bearing down on you. Any outfit worth its salt is going to carry that momentum right through a disorganized defence.

Sometimes, if a defensive battle IS going in your favour, there may be a reason for that. Check your map. Remember WWII during operation Barbarossa. The Germans flanked around, isolated, and contained Russian strongpoints, then continued their advance. Many times you'll see a powerful defence holding out at a facility while the enemy for the most part ignores it, and goes on the capture half the map. Unless you're really in a position to harass the enemy from your position, and you have a reasonable chance of friendly forces linking back up with you, it's probably better to go either attempt to halt the enemy advance or make your own land-grabs on enemy territory.

I guess the only other exception I'd point out would be when you are about to be warp-gated and lose a continent bonus. If you can hold an extremely defensible facility such as The Ascent on Amerish, The Crown or Scarred Mesa on Indar, or any of the biolabs, it might just buy your faction the time it needs to assemble and counter-attack.
    Teamwork and Tactics are OP

Strait /strāt/ (Noun) A narrow passage of water connecting two seas or two large areas of water: "the Northumberland Strait".

Comment

I thank you for the tips and even though I've always tried to avoid the "Meat Grinders" such as the biolabs, you do bring a valid point as to why they may need to be hit and/or defended at certain costs.

Comment

Get FRAPS, record yourself in action, and analyse the results!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by E-Male View Post
          Get FRAPS, record yourself in action, and analyse the results!
          Damn, thats actually a great idea. :-)

Comment

Watch your comments, sometimes we as people get so involved in an effort that we forget there are actually other people at the end of the internet lines who may be offended by something we say or do. There was an incident that I won't mention, but hit me up in game some time and we'll discuss it.

You are first and foremost TG.......everything you do or say in game reflects on TG. It's never a situation of how well did you do or didn't do that determines the overall impression.......but how you do it will makes a lasting one.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X