Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [INFO] GU09 Is Out

https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/...2-2013.127601/

Wow, SOE update PlanetSide 2 better than any shooter I've seen. Every patch there's changes, fixes and additions I like. It's a slow process, but just about every minor complaint I have eventually gets addressed; major ones take lots of updates but they move in the right direction.

My Favourite Bits:

-Lattice System (Indar only)!
    (Let Indarside, commence! :row__739:)

-Crown Capture Points relocated. We moved two capture points for the Crown down onto the nearby bridges. We also moved the spawn room back into the tower

-Added sensitivity slider for aiming down sights (<4x scope)

-The majority of infantry weapons now have a reload threshold. The reload will still count if this threshold is reached and the reload action is interrupted.

-Players can now have Territory Control, Enemy Activity, Ally Activity or any combination of the three toggled on at the same time (if they dare!). Territory Control will show up as colored borders if Enemy and/or Ally Activity filters are toggled on.

-Expanded minimap ([H] by default) now shows compass
    ( :row__689: ...... :row__577: )

-Remote viewed vehicles (this includes vehicles you are manning a turret for) should no longer wobble excessively

Funnies:

-Support beams on bridges should now render at appropriate distances
    (My thought process: something about that bridge looks differ- *BOOM*. I lost multiple pilots to the same bridge that day, and I died more than once.)

-The Harasser’s primary weapon should no longer hit players in the rumble seat

-Stopped a jump pad at the Allatum Bio Lab from launching you into a tree
    (there's a redfaced dev somewhere)

|TG-Irr| MrJengles - You know you want to say it out loud.

Re: GU09 Is Out

If they haven't fixed the ammo tower rendering distances, the momentary surprised (and subsequent explosion) of pilots will never stop!

I'm eager to try out how the Lattice plays, but I suspect getting on Indar is going to be a huge pain in the ass for the next little while. At least until Hossin drops.

Lots of positive changes in there, though. The UI improvements are much appreciated.

I wonder what the empire specific weapons are going to do to the Harasser. I've never been hugely impressed with the NC tank secondaries (a shotgun for suppressing those infantrymen spamming rockets at me from the hilltop? Seriously?), but the Saron is a bit of a monster, and I hear the Vulcan rips through pretty much whatever you point it at.

Comment

Can't wait to try out the lattice system

sigpic

Comment

Looks good. This is a pretty massive deal:

"SCU Shields functionality changes – The generators that powered the SCU Shields have been removed. The SCU Shields now power down automatically when the base is 75% captured."

Comment

Originally posted by CoiledTortoise View Post

"SCU Shields functionality changes – The generators that powered the SCU Shields have been removed. The SCU Shields now power down automatically when the base is 75% captured."
          This is the biggest change in the whole patch. It will completely change the force size needed to cap a large base.
          sigpic

Comment

There are some seriously good updates in here

Generators can no longer be overloaded without having proper territory adjacency
            Support beams on bridges should now render at appropriate distances (this is why I stopped flying Reavers on Indar!)
            Expanded minimap ([H] by default) now shows compass (yes yes a 1000 times yes!)
            Warpgate spawn points no longer have any cooldown (This can so help out our redeploys and hasten regroup times [hopefully!])

Cleaned up the display of minimap icons (EVERYTHING HERE!!!)

-sighs- today is a good day.
            The soldier formerly known as, Eroak.

From the TG Primer: 2) Create an environment where there is
            mutual respect for your fellow gamers
            and where all members
            would be working together to advance the enjoyment of their hobby.
            Former TGU Dean, 3rd, 9th, & 56th IHS member.

Comment

At first I was worried about the loss of a tactical element when this was announced, but then I started checking how frequently ghost cappers were sweeping through unoccupied bases knocking out generators. It's a game mechanic that was not really being used properly.

The new lattice system is interesting so far. I think you'll start to see a lot of advance spec ops forces trying to secure the capture point in the next base in the chain so that when the previous base goes down, the other side cannot immediately flip it back.
              In game handle: Steel Scion
              sigpic

Comment

I don't think I like this, not at all. It's going to turn Tech Plants into Bio Lab fights and Bio Lab fights into... well worse than what they already are.

One thing I did like:

Now able to set waypoints via the minimap by right-clicking it

I was initially against the lattice system, but now I am of the opinion "let's see how it goes."
                "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Based on an hour of mucking around on Indar this afternoon, I'm tentatively pleased with the lattice setup. Battles have been more focused, and when we repulsed an attack from one base we found the same force composition (at least in terms of size) defending the next base, which indicates to me that neither side dispersed after the successful defense as they typically did in the previous setup. Having only one or two bases next in the line definitely changes up the Zerg behaviour for the better.

As for the SCU change, I'm okay with this. It gets rid of the scenario where the SCU is disabled 4 minutes into the fight and then the attackers just sit there waiting for their points for the next 16 minutes. It also gives defenders a chance to muster a defense and get people to the fight.

Bio Labs are about to become a lot more obnoxious, but I think Amp Stations and Tech Labs are going to become significantly more interesting as a result. I DON'T think they'll become like the Bio Labs, simply because they're not that closed off, and because the spawn room does NOT have guaranteed access to the control point.

Comment

Anyone cert the Anus Shield and found any real use for it? I mean it takes damage and all but so do walls that you can stand behind. Here's a video of some guys testing it out where a friendly standing behind CAN'T hit an enemy that CAN shoot him around it.

I've certed it to lvl 4 and tried it for about 2hrs. I just don't see an even trade off here. It's disadvantages far outweigh any advantages imo.

Comment

The Lattice System is just like PR's AAv2, and many other MMO's (Dark Age of Camelot example), where if you're trying to get somewhere, you have to take the posts that are before it sequentially. It makes sense - you know where the enemy is going to be both for defense and attack. Likewise, anywhere inbetween it gives the sandbox ability to muster a defense/ambush to counter the threat since you know 1 of the possible routes they'll come through. I'm all for it honestly.

The SCU change will be interesting. Biolab fights are just chaotic anyways, and the whole change will probably make it more of a slaughterfest than it already is.

These Things We Do... That Other's May Live

Comment

Originally posted by Harlequin View Post
                        Anyone cert the Anus Shield and found any real use for it? I mean it takes damage and all but so do walls that you can stand behind. Here's a video of some guys testing it out where a friendly standing behind CAN'T hit an enemy that CAN shoot him around it.

I've certed it to lvl 4 and tried it for about 2hrs. I just don't see an even trade off here. It's disadvantages far outweigh any advantages imo.
                        Is that for real what it is called??

Comment

Aegis. I was being my usual sarcastic self there.

Comment

It's pretty amazing, IMO. A MAX line walks into a room full of enemies, absorbs all the fire, and then blasts them while they're reloading. As part of a MAX crash, it's good for shock and awe, and eats a lot of bullets for the infantry behind you. If the enemy is going to hit you with burst weapons, you can point the Aegis towards them, weather the storm, and then fire back. And they can't just ignore you with the shield up, because you can drop it in an instant and lay into them! They HAVE to try and break it down!

An additional benefit is that you can STILL RELOAD while using it! On my dual Falcon MAX, I'll fire, pull up the Aegis, wait for an opening, drop it, fire, etc. Also helps for when you get surprised. I can't count the number of times I've been caught reloading with my MAX in a tough spot... the Aegis gives you an out.

Another use? Absorb grenades and C4. Haven't tested to see whether it'll eat a mine, but I expect it will! A common tactic used by heavies is to pull out a Decimator and direct hit you to take 90% of your health away. Seeing a rocket launcher in a close range fight? Pull the Aegis and laugh!

Yet another use? In a tough spot, while under heavy fire, pop it up as you're being repaired. Your engineer will actually be able to repair you without the enemy chipping away at his work! Anecdotally, this also works well with the auto-regeneration armour mod.

Could there be even more? How about... the NC MAX is a close range powerhouse, but suffers at range. Enemy hitting you from a distance? Rather than taking damage while you work your way up to him, pop the shield and give no @#*$s, then open up once you're close.

Seriously, this thing is amazing. Huge boost to MAX survivability, and lets you be WAY more aggressive than you might normally be.

Comment

lol. Ok. How does it work as far as using it vs. using a weapon?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X