Thanks to all the Platoon Leaders

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks to all the Platoon Leaders

I just want to say thank you to all the platoon leaders. It's such a demanding and thankless task. I appreciate the time and effort all of you put in. Thank you for being the backbone of our community.

Never Beat Ninja Gaiden

Re: Thanks to all the Platoon Leaders

Seconded!!
    sigpic

Comment

We could not do it without TG's squad leaders, both expert and novice, and with the troops who follow their orders.

Our PS2 outfit benefits from a diversity of leadership styles and tactical methodologies. SLs and PLs are working in environment of mutual respect and cooperation (although I am guilty of the occasional hissy fit) that has fostered a very healthy gaming community.

We are still in PS2 Year One.

Imagine were we will be in PS2 Year 5!

As Randy like to point out, great things are within our grasp.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by eD_ru$h View Post
        I just want to say thank you to all the platoon leaders. It's such a demanding and thankless task. I appreciate the time and effort all of you put in. Thank you for being the backbone of our community.
        Much appreciated.

But. It is not a thankless job. It can be a bunch of fun, but that depends entirely on the willingness of the grunts to make things happen.

Each squadmember that is proactively trying to get his squad rolling, setting the example for less vocal or experienced members, is as valuable as the PL.

Comment

Originally posted by BigGaayAl View Post
          Much appreciated.

But. It is not a thankless job. It can be a bunch of fun, but that depends entirely on the willingness of the grunts to make things happen.

Each squadmember that is proactively trying to get his squad rolling, setting the example for less vocal or experienced members, is as valuable as the PL.
          +1

I agree with everything Al said. Much appreciated phaelah for saying that.

@Everyone,

PLing can be demanding (although doesn't have to be), but it can also be very rewarding. You get to employ the strategies (and/or vehicles) of your choosing. You get to pick the continent. :)

If you ever find yourself "back seat PLing," or, thinking you can do better, or if you think the some PL is an idiot and doesn't know what he is doing, lol, then you have probably reached the point where you are ready to try your hand at PLing. Go for it, there is nothing to fear. Take the reigns later on at night or in the afternoon or whenever you feel comfortable, and no one else is stepping up to do it. Go for it! It becomes a different game from pew pewing people. But it is fun! :)
          "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Do you have a quick setup guide anywhere for getting the coms stuff sorted out? While I'm usually happiest running things around the squad level, I've run platoons in the past for my old outfit. I never did any of the NCC or multiple platoon coordination that TG regularly does, though, so I've been hesitant to offer to take the PL position.

Comment

Starstriker,

You don't have to coordinate with NCC. You can just start out platoon leading. Then later, when you feel comfortable with that, then maybe add the NCC comms into the mix.

And, I may make a guide on that. A few people have asked me about it now. But it's only a few settings really.
              "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X