Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Want to be Hated and Feared at the same time?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [ANNOUNCEMENT] Want to be Hated and Feared at the same time?

Hello fellow TG members and gamers, I just got the Auraxium Medal using the Em4 Long Shot. Not that big of deal really since if you play this game long enuff you'll get it eventually anyway. I've been playing for about 6 weeks now, but it means I've killed almost 1200 enemy with the sniper gun which I call "ol Black Betty" because of the song by Ram Jam but for my theme song...........well it's "Let the bodies hit the floor" by Drowned Pool.

So I consider myself familiar with it to say the least.

I'm Rage also know as Joe in the real world......some like me and some don't but so what.........most don't know me and those that do know me, know I have their back and that I'm an aggressive player. Going toe to toe with the enemy. I'm the guy that jumps off a cliff with a missile launcher in hand blasting away at tanks. Would I do that in RL? Yup if I felt it was the best thing for the team and could save my buddy/brother/friend I'd do it in a heart beat. Like I told Randy once when doing a hassler run "If your not smoke'n your not close enuff to the front line"
    But now that we have that out of the way...............

I'm thinking about having training in the Infil class, what will you learn there? Sniping.......that's where the hated and feared comes in. Tactics, when to cloak and when not to, where do you hide, how to traverse terrain, what equipment do you need, how to focus fire, sequence of cloak/hold breath/uncloak/squeeze trigger/cloak, Silencer or not, what to learn by observing the enemy, reading human nature and anticipating the hesitation for the shot, how to transition what you learn into other classes, respect the shot - telling a good sniper from a bad one (some people say there are no good ones, but I know better).

This a balloon thread which means I'm floating the idea............I'll do this only if there is enough interest.

So let me know if your interested...............this is an offer for just TG members. If there is enough interest then I'll post a time and day. If not..........well just be glad I'm TG and you aren't the one in my sight.

Re: Want to be Hated and Feared at the same time?

Have you contacted TGU (Tactical Gamer University) about the idea?

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/tactical-gamer-university/

I would definitely want to be a part of this.
    |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

I want people to be afraid that they love me too much.
      (With apologies to Michael Scott).
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by E-Male View Post
        I want people to be afraid that they love me too much.
        (With apologies to Michael Scott).

It's better to be feared than loved...

Comment

Afraid that they love me too much...............

Sorry E-Male I don't think your cut from the right kind of cloth for something like this.

Dillweed the university looks like it's all BF3 classes.

The end result will hopefully be a squad of infil/snipers that can take a max out with focused fire in 2 shots. A squad that hacks all the terminals at the same time at a tech plant or can secure all the turrets at that plant in under 2 seconds. A squad that through proper use of proxy mines can secure a cap point or 2 without ever having the need to be on that point. A squad that can concentrate the enemy through suppression fire into a small area to be cleaned up by infantry. A squad that can over take and secure all of the small spawn outpost at a bio-lab at the same time. A squad that can head shot the enemy at will, making them eventually just give up the base or ragequit. A squad that can take the enemy AA guns and turn them against the enemy/maxes/base. A squad that knows how to bait an enemy Max to certain death.........and the list goes on.

It's intense, it's serious and it's something you can sink your teeth in. If I wanted laid back game play I'd go back to playing pong.

This ain't your momma's squad, and we don't sit around the campfire singing Barbra Streisand songs.
          Last edited by Rageq3a; 06-01-2013, 07:15 PM.

Comment

TGU is meant for all games, bf3 just has most of the classes (someone correct me if im wrong)

Normally for classes we will get a pin for those who joined proving that we are "certified" in that area of play, for this case, infiltrator. Not sure on the process but of course you can run the class not throth tgu if you want

sounds epic to say the least :)
            |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

TGU instructors thread closed..........http://www.tacticalgamer.com/tactica...plication.html

I can't even apply for an instructors seat.

Comment

TGU instructors thread closed..........http://www.tacticalgamer.com/tactica...plication.html

I can't even apply for an instructors seat.

Belay that, it was for Armed Assult.

Comment

Well I for one would be interested in something like this. I like sniper classes in most games, but haven't figured out how to be an effective infiltrator yet.

It would be great to see more training sessions in general. I think it could help give us a real edge during our large multi-platoon battles.

Comment

And I agree..........unfortunately this thread has been looked at over 200 times and there are only 2 people interested.

So I'm not going to do anything formal with so little interest. I'll just keep doing what I'm doing and if you want to run with me in game then look me up.

Comment

rage, i find that you are very tactically inclined towards my styles lol, and I am rather interested in messing round with it a tad bit. I fancy myself a decent marksman and what have you but, as I said, I'd be interested.

Comment

Thanks John, as it stands at this point I've reached a milestone of almost 1500 kills with the EM4 Longshot.......also as it stands I'm a BR 55 with 85% of the time playing the infil/sniper......no scores for medic and very little for Engy. Which means basically I've gotten the BR one headshot at a time.

Today I got in game and was playing a heavy, but maybe because of the lag or whatever I was being cut down before I could pull the trigger twice (brusier). This went on for 15 mintues when I switched to a sniper and dropped a squad of them in the same lenght of time. To me playing means kill'n enemy, the more you kill the better for the team.

Hit me up anytime in game and I'll show you the "sneaky Bast**d" routine as I play it.

Oh and I just wanted to add, if you go to the VR training and practise headshooting there, the idea is to head shoot 3 of them getting the third one before the first one respawns. It teaches getting on target before you scope, rhythm of holding breath, adjusting for bullet drop quickly. Spice it up by shooting as your moving, and cloaking-decloaking-targeting-holding breath-firing-and recloaking as fast as possible. Also I wanted to add I never use the silencer.......ever. I tried it once and the bullet drop was inconsistant for me so I adopted a 3 shot rule. Never shoot more than 3 shots before you move locations whether your on target or not.

In game I can teach you the signs of hesistation........not yours but theirs. Proper positioning (Tech plants, Bio-labs, Towers, outpost ), how to use the terrain, how in RL you always have the sun at your back but in game...never, the first targets to take, gathering intel, deciphering the intel, condensing the intel, etc....

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X