No announcement yet.

GU 10 coming out today, patch notes up.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [INFO] GU 10 coming out today, patch notes up.

The layout is more readable on the original page:

https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/...m-cest.131658/

All servers will come down for maintenance at 6:00 AM PT (3:00 PM CEST) for game update 10. Downtime is anticipated to be less than 2 hours. Players may note the following changes:
    GU10 Patch Notes
    Alert Updates
    General
    Taking all facilities of the specified type will win the alert for your empire immediately
    If time expires without an empire claiming all of the specified facility type, the reward is divided between all empires based on the percentage of the facility type owned when the alert expires.
    New Alert Types
    There are 11 new alerts that focus on taking specific installations across Auraxis or on specific continents:
    Capture Biolabs (global)
    Capture Tech Plants (global)
    Capture Amp Stations (global)
    Capture Biolabs: Amerish
    Capture Tech Plants: Amerish
    Capture Amp Stations: Amerish
    Capture Biolabs: Indar
    Capture Tech Plants: Indar
    Capture Amp Stations: Indar
    Capture Biolabs: Esamir
    Capture Amp Stations: Esamir
    New in the Depot
    Added Harasser Windshield Guards and Sunderer Tire Spikes

Infantry Updates
    Weapon Art
    The following weapons have had their cosmetic look updated:
    NC: Razor GD-23, Carnage BR, and LA1 Anchor
    TR: T5 AMC, TAR, MSW-R, T16 Rhino, T32 Bull
    VS: Ursa and Corvus VA55
    Toggle Zoom
    Toggle zoom is now canceled when any of these actions are taken:
    Reload
    Weapon swap
    Sprint
    Melee
    Toss a grenade
    Bug Fixes
    Optic attachment and iron sight views have been made more consistent across all three empires.
    Muzzle flashes are now visible for the full render distance of infantry.
    Shotgun slug ammunition now uses a tracer that is similar to sniper rifles.
    Tracers are now more visible during the daytime.
    NS tracers are now white.
    Reduced acceleration/deceleration speeds of MAX units with Zealot Overdrive active to minimize third person warping.
    Fixed the missing audio when cocking a bolt action rifle for TR and NC.
    Ammo clip for the LA1 Anchor should no longer appear to float below the weapon model
    Updated the Adrenaline Shield and Medic Tool descriptions with correct values. No functionality was changed.
    Added a speculative fix for an issue where players sometimes accept a revive, but stay stuck on the deploy screen until they are killed again
    Walking forward and right while holding out C4 will no longer cause issues
    Added 1st person audio for the TR MAX while in lockdown
    Lock on rocket launchers will no longer fire “ghost” rockets if you ADS immediately after reloading
    Night vision fixed for low and medium graphics settings
    Vehicle Updates
    Vehicle Projectiles Now Originate from the Camera
    This should makes shots more reliably line up with the crosshair and reduce issues when the muzzle of the weapon is offset from the camera by a large amount.
    AMS Sunderer Deployment Area Change
    The anti deploy radius for AMS Sunderers has been reduced to 130 meters, so Sunderers are able to deploy more closely to each other than before.
    Flash and Harasser Airborne Control
    Steer left and steer right will now cause the Flash and Harasser to roll slightly when airborne.
    Bug Fixes
    Fixed an issue where sometimes a vehicle turret’s camera would stutter to the left/right when the vehicle was in motion.
    Players in the rumble seat of the Harasser should no longer be able to hit the vehicle when firing with the exceptions of the repair tool and physics based projectiles (C-4, grenades, etc)
    Players in the gunner seat of the Harasser should no longer be able to hit players in the rumble seat when firing
    The Halberd maximum ammo capacity tooltip has been corrected to match the cert functionality
    Harasser chassis lights should now display properly when activated
    Fixed an issue that would cause significant visual issues (black dots) when being fired on by the Scythe
    Fix for Magrider proximity radar not working correctly
    Fix for various issues with Lumifiber effects
    UI Updates
    Customizable Squad Colors for Platoons
    Players can now customize their squad colors with a dropdown color picker on each squad name in the platoon management screen
    This is personal/client-side only – platoon leaders don’t pick everyone’s colors
    Find Facilities Feature on Map
    We have added a search field to the map to locate facility by name.
    Streamlined Kill Notifications
    The text for these notifications was made smaller and will no longer display outfit tags or titles to help mitigate issues with name text being cut off.
    Connected Facility Indicators
    We added HUD indicators to show connected facilities:
    These share the same states as the facility indicators on the map (capture progress, cap time, ownership, etc)
    These should go away once you’re within the facility area
    These only show the detailed information (name, cap time, distance) when you look directly at the indicator
    Enemy Health Bar Change
    Enemies farther than ten meters away will no longer display health bars when spotted; this applies to both infantry and vehicles.
    Misc. UI Changes
    Current vehicle weapon name is now displayed above the HUD ammo counter
    Vehicle weapon switch icon now briefly appears when switching weapons or when changing seats
    Alert icons added to map and warpgate terminal screen for continent-specific alerts
    Added a notification for when a “next alert” timer starts counting down
    Added continuous zoom to the minimap
    Tweaked some HUD text to be more legible during the day
    A general notification and chat message is sent when a squad or platoon waypoint is added or updated.
    Waypoint indicators now display region name when highlighting with reticule
    Bug Fixes
    Fixed issue with capture timers not displaying correctly under certain circumstances
    MAX bundles will now describe which arm the weapon is for
    Bundles in the bundle category should now list the contents in the detail pane
    Fixed an issue where logging out and back in on the same character will leave the XP bonus displaying as 0 for a short time
    Previewing an item in a bundle should now give the option to preview it on a character or vehicle
    Q menu controls are no longer inverted if the mouse axis is inverted
    Facility Updates
    Warpgate Roation
    Faction warpgates have been rotated counter-clockwise
    New Ammo Towers Added on Indar
    Ammo Towers were added to the former facility satellites and to the Seabed Listening Post.
    SCU Shields
    SCU shields on Amp Stations and Tech Plants will now disable when the capture has reached 50% instead of 75%.
    Bio Lab SCU Shields are once again controlled by the generator and no longer disable based on capture percentage.
    Bug Fixes
    Addressed some LOD issues at low graphics settings for interior facility structures
    Fixed a broken garage shield at Allatum
    Addressed a terminal that was clipping into other objects at Scarred Mesa Skydock
    Fixed a bug that showed the Saurva Overflow Depot redeployment location at an incorrect spot on the map

My favorite change:

Flash and Harasser Airborne Control
    Steer left and steer right will now cause the Flash and Harasser to roll slightly when airborne.
    =>Flash jumping 2.0!

Re: GU 10 coming out today, patch notes up.

biolab gens are back

Never Beat Ninja Gaiden

Comment

Originally posted by eD_ru$h View Post
      biolab gens are back
      One step forward, amidst several steps back, IMO.

I am afraid the alerts with the large facilities will, like the lettuce and alert systems, just force massive ridiculous battles in those bases. Big fights are fun sometimes, but so are smaller more tactical engagements with a squad or less on each side, or the (now almost impossible to find) 1v1 battle in a base.

SOE clearly are taking player feedback seriously, however I am seeing a worrisome trend here where a vocal minority (or maybe they are the majority, I dunno) of players seem to be influencing the game in a direction I feel is not good for the game. I see a continued dumbing down of the game, reduction of strategic options, pushing of bigger and bigger fights and less strategy/metagame. They are going in the direction of COD/BF3 and console games, and that is not a good thing, IMO, although I do understand that it is more popular with the General Public. Alas, if SOE only followed the TG Primer, but that is why we are a niche community I suppose. :)

Maybe it is time I get involved in the roadmap team or whatever they call it, perhaps I could be the (lone?) voice in the wilderness voicing the concerns of those with a more strategic mindset.
      "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

I agree with most of your comments Randy. I like the changes outside the alerts and recent lattice changes but those are a bit concerning. Outside of the tactical side of things, forcing bigger and bigger battles has a huge performance impact for those of us with midrange machines.

Comment

Originally posted by DigitalAssassin View Post
          I agree with most of your comments Randy. I like the changes outside the alerts and recent lattice changes but those are a bit concerning. Outside of the tactical side of things, forcing bigger and bigger battles has a huge performance impact for those of us with midrange machines.
          Its funny because I built my computer for planetside 2 everything things else came second....

Comment

Trust me, I'd love to upgrade but I've got 3 kids and higher priority stuff for my budget. :-)

PS2 is all I'm playing with my limited playtime.

Comment

I am not a fan of the new "Alerts". Big bases are naturally where the action of the game tends to settle anyway. Forcing it just will turn things into a bigger meat grinder. Good for certs, but sort of negates the need for organization as everyone rushes to a handful of locations.

On the lighter side of things, anyone look at the new weapon designs? Anything really pretty worth the certs?

Comment

Originally posted by Randy_Shughart_ClwFL View Post
                One step forward, amidst several steps back, IMO.

I am afraid the alerts with the large facilities will, like the lettuce and alert systems, just force massive ridiculous battles in those bases. Big fights are fun sometimes, but so are smaller more tactical engagements with a squad or less on each side, or the (now almost impossible to find) 1v1 battle in a base.

SOE clearly are taking player feedback seriously, however I am seeing a worrisome trend here where a vocal minority (or maybe they are the majority, I dunno) of players seem to be influencing the game in a direction I feel is not good for the game. I see a continued dumbing down of the game, reduction of strategic options, pushing of bigger and bigger fights and less strategy/metagame. They are going in the direction of COD/BF3 and console games, and that is not a good thing, IMO, although I do understand that it is more popular with the General Public. Alas, if SOE only followed the TG Primer, but that is why we are a niche community I suppose. :)

Maybe it is time I get involved in the roadmap team or whatever they call it, perhaps I could be the (lone?) voice in the wilderness voicing the concerns of those with a more strategic mindset.
                I don't agree here. The Lattice system is inherently a rule set allowing for more meaningful strategy. It reduces the total free for all of the hex territory and actually increases the value of a battle.

I like the new alerts as it gives us more reason to coordinate on a meta scale. You think its just about those large bases but really its about taking them and securing them; to secure them you need to control the regions around them! With both the lattice and territory systems these new alerts will be great for the game and will give coordination a whole new meaning when we must take bases on multiple continents!

Comment

I'm content to wait and see re:new alerts. Right now a specialized alert on Indar w/lattice has a strategic dynamic completely different from alerts on the other two continents.
                  In game handle: Steel Scion
                  sigpic

Comment

I think you're too pessimistic here, Randy. The overall trend for PS2 in terms of a larger strategic game is only going up... it's the endgame ambition for the dev team, based on what I've read. A lot of what's missing is just sheer content, which is coming down the pipe. Their focus is probably on the tactical-individual level right now, but that's more a case of making sure the game is engaging enough within its current parameters so that it lasts long enough for the strategic game to come out. Things like an intercontinental lattice, additional continents, invasions over sea, all things which have been discussed but are very, VERY far into the future.

The reason that the strategic side of things is slow in coming is because it's a LOT of work to implement, and even more work to iterate on and get right. I think the things we're seeing right now, like the Lattice, are the early stages of experimenting on the most basic unit of a strategic game, the base-to-base battle flow, and frankly it looks pretty promising.

Fights are more predictable and focused, which gives you better choices for planning. Sure, the fact that you can only attack at most 2 places from any given base is a substantial reduction in choice, but this is good game design. Constrained choices allow for more interesting decisions. In this case, you're able to predict where the enemy is likely to go next (unlike before where you'd be basically just playing a shell game of "I hope they come here instead of going around"), and can make actual decisions based around that instead of behaving in a purely reactionary fashion. If you know a certain base MUST come under attack when the next one falls, proactively entrenching and securing important terrain becomes more viable, and there's the added bonus that the zerg will properly fall back instead of scattering to the four winds after losing a battle, leaving the victor to run free.

Oh, right, the patch.

Bio lab shield generator is a good return. They were just NASTY to fight through without it... defenders were more concentrated, and it was just a slugfest. Now the defenders have more balls to juggle, and an organized, concentrated strike CAN disable the Bio Lab even when population is even and MAXes are pulled.

UI changes are welcome.

New alerts are interesting. Definitely a MUCH different feel from the overall continent alerts, looking forward to playing with them more.

One of the most interesting changes is the bullet spawn points on vehicles. On one hand, I think it's a real kludge of a fix, a cheap, lazy way to solve the issue that'll lead to a lot of unfortunate edge cases and weird behaviour. On the other hand... aiming in a Reaver is no longer a goddamn chore! And you can easily hull down in a tank now!

If my experience tonight with my Reaver was any indication, the biggest handicap on the vehicle is now gone. Expect NC pilots to start tearing the skies apart, because after having trained under a handicap like that so long, it feels so much easier now. I was getting some pretty great killstreaks there, at least until I derped out and got caught by multiple opponents WAY out in no-mans land with no afterburners left.

Because I certainly didn't lose a Reaver by plowing head on into Randy's Gal. Again. No sir.

Comment

Yeah I thought it was a lame 'fix' that vehicles now fire from the camera. :/

Comment

I'll be damned if it isn't nice, though. A dirty hack or not, it feels way better when firing.

Comment

Not fond of magriders shooting from their center rather than their gun which now allows them to hide behind rocks far better and shoot through it without collision I'd link a video or something but I'm apparently not allowed to =(

Comment

I have grown fond of the Arma way of simulating ballistics. From the bottom of the barrel on out. But that is asking way to much of Planetside honestly.

Comment

I don't think so. I really do think it was an unnecessary change because they didn't want to fix the reticle

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X