The predator harrasser.....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The predator harrasser.....

I was thinking about this last night while at work and thought I'd get in a few quick things before going to bed this morning.........

How to turn a 'plain Jane' harrasser into a tank eating, plane fearing, and Infantry grinding monster.

Step 1: Certs baby.......ya gotta cert it up.

I've got every gun you can get for the Harrasser, but 90% of the time I'm running a E540 Halberd fully certed with reload speed, max ammo, zoom (which I never use)
    The Harrasser is fully certed with the Surge chassis, acquisition time, composite armor, scout radar and more bling than a Saturday night pimpmobile.

Step 2: Drive the wheels off of it

If your drive'n looking thru the front window then your dieing a lot. I always drive in 3rd person.....hit the "T" and you'll see what I mean. It gives me situational awareness, potential target selection, terrain negotiating, and allows me to put the gunner on the target. Use the 'shift' key to slid that rear around when your going around obstacles and to get on target. Use the shift to 'drift' around bases, not only is it smoother for your gunner but it looks cool too. Using shift while coming down hill can slid you out of sticky situations where a magrider might be bearing down on you but when you do that just tap it several times as your coming down hill..........you can scoot across the face of the hill and guess what?......They can't. Looking at the mini-map you can spot potential victims and flank them especially in hilly terrain.........yesterday myself and a couple of gunners were running havoc on the VS on Esmir. We had one shot that the gunner 'ChargenShoot' called epic......ok it was his 2nd day of playing the game but he was a darn good gunner and I was thinking 'epic' too. Practice, Practice and when you think you have it second nature.....practice some more. Know what hill you can climb and at what speed......you do not want to get in a pissing match with a lightening only to find that you picked the wrong hill to climb as your grinding to a stop because it's too steep...........that is the time to assume the 'crash' position and kiss your a** goodbye and you might want to kiss your gunner's too since you are about to get him killed to. Get the point?

Step 3: Get a good gunner

I have a 3 shot rule..........if you can't hit a target in 3 shots then it's ditch time. That's right the ole 'page down' and locked, tossing you out on the side of the road. If you can't shoot then don't get in the gunner's seat, and if you can shoot then you better be an engy when you do get in or be willing to change to engy. If not.....ditch time. Why so harsh? Well guess what...the harrasser is my asset, thats right it comes with a brand new 'cool down' period every time I pull one. I'll drive the wheels off it and put you on target but when you get on target you darn well better be able to hit it or we're both dead.

Ok so what makes a good gunner.......guess what: 3rd person...imagine that. You get in that bright new shinning seat and snuggling up to my Halbred then the next you better be doing is hitting 'T'. Now why would I say that? Reference above, why should I be having all the fun of situational awareness, potential target selection and not you? And I'll let you in on a secret.......you see that gun on the top of the buggy as we're speeding alone.........well just slightly above that gun is where the sighting is, so if you see a target and that target is slightly above the tip of the gun, then when you hit 'T' again the target WILL be in your sights. Now it's just a matter of shooting the gun. 6 rounds kill a magrider and seriously smokes up a certed one, 3 of their rounds kills us....you do the math, if you can't hit them then we're dead. Most of the time I don't expect you to have to lead them (and you usually don't except aircraft), I'll put you on the target, but feedback to the driver is necessary to make sure you have a shot and we're not too exposed to their shots if we have terrain to hide behind.

Ok so now you've put a few rounds in the bad guys and we are smoking a little...........we can't stop, you have to hit F3 which bounces your butt to the 3rd seat and find that sweet spot above the rear tire with your engy fixer upper tool to repair us on the fly. Now while your back there it's my job to keep you safe and out of harms way. So I'm gonna be zig zaging across the terrain and going under trees and bridges and ducking in and out of hills until we are brand new again at which time you hit F2 and bounce back into the gunner's seat. Because if you die while repairing us back there then that's my fault and I have to make my apologizes and go pick you up where you re-spawn to.......why? Because your a good gunner and in my mind a 'Keeper'.

So far to date I have about 4 gunner's that I would have gun for me in a heartbeat...........everyone else is just a 'pagedown' away. But I'm not such a brutal guy that I can't give ya some tips while in game.......you wanna run with me then hit me up while in game and I'll show you what I mean and even train you to be a good gunner or driver. But if I tell you that I'm running "hot" then don't be put off if I leave you in the dust because that smoke over yond hill is the TR and VS tanks, aircraft and infantry falling fonder to my predator harraser and gunner.

Re: The predator harrasser.....

Dang, I didn't know you could repair on the fly. That makes the Harasser very deadly. Thanks for the info.

Comment

All great points.I'm still in the process of certing up my harasser but nothing beats drifting around a base taking out armor across the hill.

Comment

Yes I love this machine. It is starting to pick up and the enemy are getting just as good as we are. I like to keep my Harraser on the move but I am very aggressive. Maybe too aggressive sometimes. I found leaving the big tanks alone unless they are running solo :) I will go for the solo large tank but must dance a lot. The lightning you have to just get those shots in the rear and they can't take u 1 on 1 unless they are grade A material. Another harasser can be trouble also but ATV I like to eat them for lunch. I will ram an ATV and laugh every time I do it :)

You will need to also watch that mini map/map in some cases and stay in 3rd person in both seats till you are ready to aim. I aim at my target then zoom and FIRE!!. After my warm up I can get a lot of shots in. If your missing all you have to do is slow down and take your time. Once you get into the groove no TR or VS vehicle is safe around you. As far as tactic when attacking or defending don't just sit around take laps around the base and find that sunderer!! Nothing is more frustrating then pulling maybe 15 sunderers or more to cap one base and still fail only to get rolled by our faction :)

FUN FUN

Comment

I see the Harasser getting a major nerf soon. The things too tough, too fast and carries too much firepower. Two of the three are going to get smacked down and I'm leaning towards secondaries being nerf'd before anything else.

Comment

Yeah sparhawkxx I would like to apologize for my awful harrasser gunning last night. I couldn't hit anything with enemies right in front of me.

“Big Brother is Watching You.”
            ― George Orwell, "1984"

Comment

Na man its cool when i'm driving that thing I will yell more then I yell as SL :) Everyone that guns is fine by me. You will get better just make sure your sensitivity is proper use the 3rd person to scan all of the area even where u came from then once you see your targets spot first, always spot then unleash the pain :) SPOT make sure your line of sight is ON then ZOOM and then FIRE!!! You will hit your target.

Avoid having to fire right after reload unless its sure shots. You don't have to unload after every reload. It puts on preasure that will cost you valuable kill shots. Also only shoot slow moving low hovering air or desperate measures to help yourself or friendlies. This is with the Halberd of course. I really dig that launcher :) Yeah you tamper with air and you might get unwanted attention.

Oh almost forgot. Try to take out the smoking targets first :) That target is extremely stressed and won't adapt fast enough to your attack.

FUN FUN

Comment

Spar you and I must be brothers from different mothers, except I don't yell I just kick the guy out..........

Everything Spar said is perfect, the only thing I would add is that it must be fun........above all else it must be fun. I played with TAS tonight because when I leave a TG squad it's either because I'm tired or because it's my way of casting a vote of 'no confidence' in command, it's just who I am and I make no apologies for it......E-male knows what I mean by 'vote of no confidence' because he's Canadian. Either way, I have had every single one of my gunner's friend me because they know when I'm running a harrasser it's gonna be fun....it's got to be fun or else why do it?

The Harrasser might be nerfed..........if they are then I'll probably trash can the program and do something else. Why play a game just to cert the crap outta something and then have it de-graded to the point there is no need in having it............if that is the case then the 'Peter Principle' is alive and well in PS2 apparently.

Comment

Originally posted by Rageq3a View Post
                  The Harrasser might be nerfed..........if they are then I'll probably trash can the program and do something else. Why play a game just to cert the crap outta something and then have it de-graded to the point there is no need in having it............if that is the case then the 'Peter Principle' is alive and well in PS2 apparently.
                  This happens all the time in every game. The trick is the same in real life -- don't be the early adopter who pays top $$$ for the new toy, only to throw it into the closet after a few months.

After certing up my main kit (ENG) and vehicle (Sunderer), I have been banking all my certs -- 7400 so far. I'll bust open the piggy bank when I am sure that the purchased object is stable and really necessary (for me).

Until then, I'll be the richest fool in virtual Babylon . . .

sigpic

Comment

O.K! Thank-you for all the advice everybody! Much appreciated.

“Big Brother is Watching You.”
                    ― George Orwell, "1984"

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...