This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [EVENT] Sniper/infil training.............short annoucement

Tomorrow night on the 27th I'll be holding a 'class' on the Sniper/Infil role. The event will start at 8pm EST in VR training.

What will be covered............
    General: graphics settings - mouse sensitivity - mouse dpi - key binding
    Scopes: What to use and why (this is personal preference but I'll tell you mine and you decided what's best for you)
    Gun: What to use and why (this is personal preference but I'll tell you mine and you decided what's best for you)
    Firing sequence for optimal results and the 3-shot rule
    Bullet drop and how to determine it
    Location, location, location
    Target selection and why you prioritize
    Human nature and how to learn by other's mistakes
    Leading a running or walking target
    Distance lag and how to determine it

then questions and answers period

I expect the event to take about an hour but I'll go as long as it takes, I'll hold the class if 1 person or 100 show up...........this will be a show and practice training, so not only will I teach you what to do but you then apply it while in VR.
    This is a one time event.......if enough interest is there then I'll decide if there needs to be another.

Why me: As it stands right now I have about 4000 kills, 1500 of those kills are with the EM4 or about 1/3 of my total kills are with headshots and everyday that total grows. I get 'shout outs' by the TR and VS in general chat, especially when I take out a squad of them at distance or when I shoot their 'cloaked' snipers. I get 'shout outs' in proxy by 'blueberries' to take out certain targets at distance. So I figure that qualifies me.

Re: Sniper/infil training.............short annoucement

Just a quick thought, would your schedule make it possible to do this another night? My concern is that with Friday night being our "big" night here, it's going to be hard to coerce people out of a multi-platoon TG operation to do training. And we'd sure like to have your rifle with us.

Don't get me wrong, we (I) want to hear what you have to say but... choosing between training and the glory of a multi-platoon op? It's a hard call to make!
    Teamwork and Tactics are OP

Strait /strāt/ (Noun) A narrow passage of water connecting two seas or two large areas of water: "the Northumberland Strait".

Comment

Tomorrow is Thursday...........

At least here in Canada

Comment

Could you record it? i am in quebec so your 8 pm is kinda late for me but i am sure it will be interesting.

Comment

Hannibal I'll see how many people show up.........if no one shows up, I'll wait for about 30 minutes then close the class. Otherwise I'll try to Frap it and see how it goes.

I'll also open up a squad with the name "RAGE3 infil/sniper training in VR" or something to that effect so people can find it, maybe I'll get some blueberries too

Comment

Folks, you do not want to miss this opportunity. I have spent a few hours roaming the hills with Rage already and trust me, you will learn a wealth of information from this gentleman. If you have any interest, make an effort to show up. It will be worth your while.

The infil role, in PS2, can be used as a powerful intel gathering platform as well as an effective tool to help concentrate, redirect or deny an area to enemy troops. A team of snipers can break an infantry unit's lines, force them from their battlements and greatly aid friendlies trying to advance. The role is multifaceted and a quite interesting change of pace from normal infantry ops.

Thanks for organizing this Rage.

Comment

Rage, may i add my 2 cents please? I know you are a skilled sniper, but can i cover the cqc portion of your class?

Comment

Take heed of the opportunity guys, RAGE3 is one of the best snipers in the outfit, if not the server. You would do well to take this "class", valuable stuff here.

“Big Brother is Watching You.”
                ― George Orwell, "1984"

Comment

Originally posted by Rageq3a View Post
                  Tomorrow is Thursday...........

At least here in Canada
                  Shut up. Shut... damn it.

I blame education. Mine, specifically.

I'll try to make it out then. With the possible exception of any and all aircraft, the infiltrator role remains the biggest gap in my skillset.
                  Teamwork and Tactics are OP

Strait /strāt/ (Noun) A narrow passage of water connecting two seas or two large areas of water: "the Northumberland Strait".

Comment

Also Hannibal don't forget 8pm EST (Eastern standard time) is 8pm your time if your on the east coast..........that makes it 5pm my time.

Doc let me first find out the interest in the first class, if there is adaquate interest then you and I can compare notes since I do a lot of cqc with smg as well.

Comment

sounds good, I've been comparing the damage with each attachment on both the cyclone and the blitz, at point blank, 10 meters, and 50 meters. Soon I will test the scout rifles as well.

Comment

Don't forget to include the soft bullets for the cyclone in your testing, as well as grouping with the 1.5X and NV scopes. Also remember ROF and mag size has as much to do with a kill as the damage rating.

Comment

lol way ahead of you buddy XD

Comment

Closing thread after this post...........it was a good night with a squad showing up for the class. We exchanged a lot of information and there were more people interested in the class than I thought there would be.

I want to thank everyone that showed up and made the class better than I expected.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X