Bad habits......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [GUIDE] Bad habits......

Ok we are all guilty of performing bad habits.........with time those bad habits become so ingrained that it difficult to rehabilitate them.

Here is where you post your bad habits that you would like to change............if the adage is true that you learn from the mistakes of others then hopefully the newer players will learn from this list and not do what we have done.

My bad habit: Scope Lock - in the military we just narrowed it down to 'gun lock' but the idea is that you're so focused in looking through a scope that you don't think about the rest of the environment. In PS2 its difficult to do with iron sights, but pull that sniper scope and booya scope locked. Again in the military they taught us to just not close an eye when scoping but to switch dominance of the eyes, so that both eyes could be left open. In PS2 you don't have that option. So to combat it you have to be watching the field of vision and when you see something worth scoping then scope, and fire and drop the scope. The harrasser is another example, you can get scope locked in the gun.........always be in 3rd person until you have a target then sight and fire then return to 3rd person.

I am hugely guilty of this, which is why I beat on it so much that others won't fall into my bad habit..............anyone else want to air the laundry?

Re: Bad habits......

I play as CQC infil so much lately that when I play as my beloved Medic.... I try cloaking and using CQC tactics -.-

Comment

my bad habit (well one of them) is not coming to a full stop before jumping out to repair my vanguard (you can see it in some of my videos lol) Then I always have to chase it while screaming at it to stop before it goes down a hill.......

Comment

My bad habit is being in front as the medic. I should be in the rear with the gear!
        sigpic

Comment

A few bad habits:

As a medic, healing with nanogun when I should be healing with AOE Ability and shooting bad guys.
          Bringing a shotgun (Jackhammer) to a rifle fight.
          Flying with a Joystick.
          Talking on tangents in Squad Chat.
          Running in an open field.
          Spraying while sighted it (instead of controlling bursts).
          Sighting in while in CQC.

Comment

Exploding my C4 on an enemy Sundy while friendlies are too close.... and I count as one of those friendlies.

Comment

Crashing my reaver into enemies as a cheap shot if I'm losing a dogfight.
              When I'm fighting and shooting at an enemy and a friendly steps in my way, I keep on shooting.
              Sometimes forget Ima medic.

“Big Brother is Watching You.”
              ― George Orwell, "1984"

Comment

Originally posted by penandpencilman View Post
                When I'm fighting and shooting at an enemy and a friendly steps in my way, I keep on shooting.
                I've done that on more than one occasion. How else are they supposed to learn that you walk BEHIND the friendlies that are shooting?

Comment

I tend to cancel reloads with melee. It has resulted in a friendly getting shanked on numerous occasions.
                  Prior to learning that I can't pick up my own mines, I attempted a few creative methods of recovery with expectable results.
                  In the case of infiltrators, I'm used to games with slower travel speeds and heavier arc for the sniper rounds, so I end up overcompensating a ton of shots.

Comment

Where do I start ya'll are lying when your throw up 1 or 2 habits :)

when Runnin a max and an Engi is repairing never strafe or duck so to protect the Engi.

When Engi stay behind the Max you are repairing.

This is also true running a Heavy and Medic.

I forget that when a heavy and Max is around they are the meat shields and should act like one.

As Al would say you should never strafe anyway. That will be my hardest habit to break :(

Reviving friendlies without clearing area.

Well the opposite is true when on the line in a large battle. Your nano gun or whatever should be out constantly picking up the dead. Don't even think about shooting the enemy. You have plenty on your plate as a medic already.

In close combat uncloaking directly infront of a Heavy to try and take him out. This is only successful maybe 1% of the time :) or when its just you and multiple enemies are around. need to get out of the area and pick only at single targets.

Not using my engi turret to lay down surpresive fire when the group moves in. I forget when everyone is moving they are easier targets and need that little extra spotting and cover fire.

I'm not even close to being done. The bad habbits are incredible. But that's why we can respawn after and not end up taking the real dirt nap. Its a game and allows it :) I will wait then come in with much more if possible. Great thread thanks Rage.

FUN FUN

Comment

My bad habit is jumping in front of MAX's to repair them. Two barrels of Hacksaw is not fun at point blank.

Comment

Running indoors. There are times to run and relatively "safe" running areas in bases but generally I like to keep my gun up inside.

On much the same note, look before you leap. Running into a room without checking your radar at least or strafing past the doorway or window first will get you hurt bad.

Getting too far from the group during a firefight leaving you with a medic and the team without a resource.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X