Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More Command Certs! Suggestions and Ideas here.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Command Certs! Suggestions and Ideas here.

PlanetSide 2 is an interesting beast. Its a game that showcases both tactical and strategic elements of warfighting on levels as small as the skirmish and as large as the Campaign. As such leadership roles are actually one of the most important roles in the game as it serves to unify hundreds of people into smaller groups capable of objective based warfare.

With this in mind I would like to open Pandora's Box and get the widest amount of suggestions for improving the PL/SL through tools (Smoke, Leader Chat, Objective Chat, Missions, Request Orders, Way Points) and Abilities (??? Squad Beacon).

=====

The obvious suggestions would be:

TOOLS-
    Improved Way Point System
    Squad Leader Chat (can be done with custom VOIP channels???)
    Improved Tactical Map
    Highlighting Targets (a SL designated target would glow)
    Improved Squad Leader HUD (% Enemies/Friendly show on minimap, Toggling Cursor on would have it on Mini-Map)

ABILITIES-
    Move Squad Deploy to an Ability
    Platoon Leader has RECON DRONE Ability
    Platoon Leader has Supply Drop Ability (think weapon's terminal to change class/get consumable items)
    Platoon Leader has Artillery Ability(???)

Re: More Command Certs! Suggestions and Ideas here.

Personally I find if we add the abilities it will take away several roles from the players (your objective?). Also reminds me of Battlefield 2 commander abilities.
    I had a discussion with a squad a while back about abilities ( You ?) and we discussed about the Galaxy having the ability to drop the supply crates.
    With that idea, we could also implement player based artillery vehicles. (if you remember back in PoE2 or something like that)
    What will happend to a Recon reaver/flash if the drone is implemented?

A confirmed working custom-channel or several of them would be excellent when working with special roles (CAS, Recon, Galaxy pilots, etc) Though TS works just as well.
    Infantry colour smoke, to grab the attention of those CAS fighter's easier.
    We should be able to prone, then also add deployable Bi-pod's on weapons.
    Large bubble shields for the MAX's (replaces the weapons?) OR deployable cover. (now digging into some PR elements :P)
    A squad/platoon map, with the ability to draw on it. This would aid the platoon leader in explaining.

Comment

The simplest one I'd like, and this would work for squad members, too... is being able to add a point on the map using the Q button. In other words, you point your gun where you want to place the cursor, hold Q for a few seconds, and the commo rose comes up with the ability to place the types of markers that are available to you. Those of you who have played BF know what I'm talking about. They did recently make it possible to pull up your mouse pointer (press Alt) and click in the mini map to add a waypoint, and that's definitely better than before. But it still takes you away from being able to shoot for a few seconds, which can be deadly.

Comment

I would love the ability to draw a colored line of your choice from A to B drawing the way you would like a squad to proceed to it's next objective. It would be much simpler than "Alpha, make your way in between to hills at this location (moves platoon marker), than through the road here (platoon marker moved), before stopping and placing sunderer here (final platoon marker placement).

“Big Brother is Watching You.”
        ― George Orwell, "1984"

Comment

All I have missed since day 1 is one of those British officer command-stick-wands that I can use to wave around profusely and nick people on the fingers if they need a little whipping into shape.

A cigar would be great too, a fat one.

Comment

I think the more dedicated regulars should have at least four camos at the ready, thus enabling each squad to differentiate itself visually with uniform camos.
            sigpic

Comment

If only they allowed us to use certs to buy camo...

A feature they could add would be a colored highlight around each platoon member that represents the color picked on the minimap. Personally I hope they allow us to toggle nametags more. Unless I'm looking straight at you I don't need your 25 character name cluttering my screen.

Comment

Originally posted by Ytman View Post
                If only they allowed us to use certs to buy camo...

A feature they could add would be a colored highlight around each platoon member that represents the color picked on the minimap. Personally I hope they allow us to toggle nametags more. Unless I'm looking straight at you I don't need your 25 character name cluttering my screen.
                Yes, more end user HUD control!

Yes please yes!

Yes.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by E-Male View Post
                  Yes, more end user HUD control!

Yes please yes!

Yes.
                  It would definitely add to the Immersion of the game :) unless they make that in real life...that'd be scary......
                  |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X