Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Good news? (PS4 Planetside 2 will have separate servers)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good news? (PS4 Planetside 2 will have separate servers)

Good, maybe bad. Anyway, Adam Clegg from SOE just announced that the PS4 servers will be separate and cross-play is uncertain at this point. Link to the article is below:

Happy hunting,

penandpennyman

EDIT: Once again, URL is denied, saying I don't have permission. I have met the 30 post requirement, so I am not sure what is happening. Found the article at vg247 dot com slash planetside-2-will-have-it's-own-servers-cross play-uncertain

“Big Brother is Watching You.”
    ― George Orwell, "1984"

Re: Good news? (PS4 Planetside 2 will have separate servers)

This is good news in that I don't really want to play with consolers, but bad in that the added population wont be on the same servers. PS2 needs players to be successful.

Comment

Agreed, as a long time "console player", I do not wish to see them among the pc community.

“Big Brother is Watching You.”
      ― George Orwell, "1984"

Comment

It is good and bad.

Good in that the PC community will avoid adding the dreadful console gaming community (no offense to you hardcore console players).

Bad in that console players can't aim for crap compared to PC players and we will miss the slaughter.

Comment

Video of mine was quite a few years ago, I was on PC the rest were on the Xbox 360 - http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/e...ontage--vista-

This is why you don't want to mix console and PC players together.

Comment

lol yep that's the game I was thinking about. But I thought they penalized the keyboard player on that game just because of that it was a big fail. Or vice versus they needed to penalize the PC. Only problem was who would play the game handicapped against the console. Didn't make sense. I was so syked about that game too :( looks like your PC all the way with that score and I bet the tells were full of hate :)

FUN FUN

Comment

Originally posted by sparhawkxx View Post
              lol yep that's the game I was thinking about. But I thought they penalized the keyboard player on that game just because of that it was a big fail. Or vice versus they needed to penalize the PC. Only problem was who would play the game handicapped against the console. Didn't make sense. I was so syked about that game too :( looks like your PC all the way with that score and I bet the tells were full of hate :)
              I think they gimped our aim a bit, and I absolutely loved the game, shame they went out of business. But ya, mouse > joystick/analog.

Comment

Halo2 for PC had autoaim for controllers as well. It gave controller players some serious buffs to their ability to snipe.

Comment

They make a converter for the xbox 360 where you can plug in a keyboard and mouse, called the XFPS
                  |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

Consoles and PC are a bad mix for simple game reasons

1) With the game engine issues now trying to handle the poly count of 2 thousand people imagine what it will be once you add the console pop to it.
                    2) Que times now are too long for alerts if your not a subscriber, imagine what it will be once you add the consoles pop to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Rageq3a View Post
                      Consoles and PC are a bad mix for simple game reasons

1) With the game engine issues now trying to handle the poly count of 2 thousand people imagine what it will be once you add the console pop to it.
                      2) Que times now are too long for alerts if your not a subscriber, imagine what it will be once you add the consoles pop to it.
                      Number one is not really an issue. They won't be lifting the population max, they'll just open more servers to handle the load. If they mixed them there WOULD be a potential issue with uneven distribution, but you'd still have the same 666v666v666 continent limit.

Comment

What aspects of console player culture are different from PC player culture?
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by E-Male View Post
                          What aspects of console player culture are different from PC player culture?
                          For one, I don't think there are as many organized and mature groups such as TG. Plus, the playerbase is made up much more of younger teens (not saying there immature, there are a few mature, but as of a majority, they are not.)
                          |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X