GU13 brings ability to set platoon VOIP to SL and PL only

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [INFO] GU13 brings ability to set platoon VOIP to SL and PL only

Comm discipline has gotten better lately with the blueberries. But this will be a very welcome option for PL's. GU13 is currently planned for July 24.

https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/...when.141224%2F

Platoon Enhancements:
    We're continuing to implement suggestions from players for platoon and squad management, with GU13 we've got two big player requests coming in:

-Platoon voice channel management, ability for platoon leaders to set platoon VOIP channel to only be used by squad leaders

-Platoon leader waypoints per squad, ability for platoon leaders to set individual squad waypoints for Alpha, Bravo, Charlie and Delta squads.

Re: GU13 brings ability to set platoon VOIP to SL and PL only

Noticed the same thing. Best thing this update brings, anything that improves unity and cohesion is stellar.

Big Brother is Watching You.
    ― George Orwell, "1984"

Comment

Gee Yuu One Three - O'
      I have waited patiently
      Vee Oh Eye Pee complete

====

No hubbub about Esamir in Lattice form (plus its huge face lift)? I for one am hopefully anticipating a better take on Lattice there.

https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/...-heavy.141212/

Edit: Really not liking implants. SOE is really screwing the pooch on that.
      Last edited by Ytman; 07-17-2013, 02:49 AM.

Comment

I only forsee a small problem of SL AFK/DC time in which we cannot communicate to platoon. It's a tiny niche'y problem but one that might come up.

On the other foot, I am super excited about the new Esamir, it is easily my favorite continent. Lattice tends to bog down pushes, but forces us to rethink our tactics and opens opportunities for the clever.

Comment

Hamma over at PSU did a video fly through of Esamir that is currently on the test server. Looks interesting.

Comment

Oh wow. Esamir just got a lot more infantry friendly with all that tree and crystal cover. Eager to try that out.

Comment

Longer video from a commentator, around 30 minutes actually gets on the ground and discusses some of the changes.

http://www.twitch.tv/royawesome/c/2587897

Comment

That's a lot of walls! I can see how Light Assaults are going to be very useful when assaulting.

Comment

Originally posted by CoiledTortoise View Post
                  That's a lot of walls! I can see how Light Assaults are going to be very useful when assaulting.
                  Indeed.

https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/...-heavy.141212/

GU13 introduces Esawall 2: The Wallening

Apparently there is a C4 nerf being tested on the test server. 2 C4 now takes tanks to burning, but is no longer an instagib.
                  Teamwork and Tactics are OP

Strait /strāt/ (Noun) A narrow passage of water connecting two seas or two large areas of water: "the Northumberland Strait".

Comment

Originally posted by Strait Raider View Post

Apparently there is a C4 nerf being tested on the test server. 2 C4 now takes tanks to burning, but is no longer an instagib.
                    thank goodness XD
                    |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

I find it funny that after throngs and throngs of posts and complaints and a real imbalance of vehicles vrs infantry in most locations a large segment of the PS2 forum community is complaining about Esamir's revamped bases.

Its as if they are upset that Armor/Air is no longer able to spawn camp Rebirth Rooms so easily. I really like some of these base layouts and it will definitely give much needed tactical nuance to what seemed to be borderline Arena TDM at most bases.

Comment

I think the ideal spawn room/capture point is one that cannot be blockaded(camped) by vehicles. Those two things should require infantry to attack/defend without the immediate influence of a tank shell hitting in the face while capping, they should have to send in infantry. Which is why Im like these new walled off bases :) sure you can batter your way to the base in a vehicle, but ur gonna have to get out of that compfy driver's seat to cap it
                        |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

Platoon voice channel management, ability for platoon leaders to set platoon VOIP channel to only be used by squad leaders

-Platoon leader waypoints per squad, ability for platoon leaders to set individual squad waypoints for Alpha, Bravo, Charlie and Delta squads.
                          I have no complaint against the lattice system. It rewards flanking and advance tactics that take you outside the cert-hunt mentality.

The ability to set distinct markers for each squad will improve comms and enhance tactical cohesion and operational effectiveness. This is a rare change that enhances precision communication and movement.

I doubt that I will use the option to limit platoon comms to just SLs if only for the reason that it is unnecessary. TG squads do not have significant problems with PL comm use due to our collective discipline and SOPs.

But new way points -- new way points!

I am so happy.
                          sigpic

Comment

More videos!!!

Comment

More trees!
                              sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...