X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New resource system

Found this on the PSU forums:

http://www.planetside-universe.com/s...ad.php?t=56046

Also check the VIP posts for some of Malorn's (one of PS2's game designers) replies:

http://www.planetside-universe.com/gviptracker.php

I also made a reply on the tail end of the thread with some of my thoughts as far as what the system might be missing:

http://www.planetside-universe.com/s...&postcount=127

Re: New resource system

This is huge.

The ability for this game to be so changed only a year or so from open beta is outstanding! Such fundamental changes would normally require a sequel and a few years!

Comment

That new resource system is incredible!!! and it makes so much sense!

Can't wait to be the supply runner :) this is gonna be awesome...the tactical implications of this are immense! a zerg without a supply train now will be useless, so many bodies will take up so many resources in one area. There could definitely be some balancing issues with the territorial drain, but they seem to be good about fixing those problems.

I Also like the continent system....I'm wondering what they would do if they add a 5th continent? I feel like the population might be too spread out? but I guess not when a continent gets locked to one empire, the other empires wont be able to go there anyways.

I'm thinking a way to capture the warpgate would be maybe capture 3 satellite bases? because you can't go inside the shields
      |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

In PS1, "power" was used to activate facility features at bases that were not connected to the lattice. You got power by driving an ANT vehicle to a warpgate, charging it up for 5 minutes, then driving it overland (or lodestar lifting it) to the appropriate base. The problem (as I remember it) was that the process was so time consuming that it was easier to just reconnect the lattice. ANT runs felt boring and pointless, and they were blown up pretty easily.

I like the idea of having short-range supply bases that have to be mined for resources. Or even the ability to add a resource tank to a Sunderer to be carried from the warpgate to the front lines. The trick is to make this process both personally rewarding and strategically viable. It's usually more useful to bring a fresh tank column up from a warpgate than to try to spawn armor under fire at a contested facility. If warpgates themselves do not have infinite resources, then your going to start running supply lines in safe territory to keep your vehicle assets up. Which would be boring. Like the post said, lots of moving parts to work on.
        In game handle: Steel Scion
        sigpic

Comment

I saw this recently, looks awesome! This is much needed in terms of strategy, reducing consumable spam and preventing the cycling of air / ground vehicles.

To start with they'll only have the automatic power system, before adding the manual ANT vehicles, but that's fair enough. Moving objectives will be a lot of fun.

|TG-Irr| MrJengles - You know you want to say it out loud.

Comment

Apparently this is queued up for September, which makes me even more excited for it. Lots of moving parts, but if balanced correctly, this could be a fantastic game changer.

Comment

August should be fun, but September looks incredible. Even though we get Hossin we'll have to wait until November for continent locking :( Oh well, better than not getting Hossin until then...

http://www.planetside2.com/roadmap

|TG-Irr| MrJengles - You know you want to say it out loud.

Comment

We'll be getting the spread out ESF update and who knows what else in between, as well, so there'll be more than enough to keep us busy!

Watching the game develop is rather fascinating. It shipped as a "complete" game, but has already evolved substantially, and things like the ESF update and resource changes will change the formula substantially, just as the lattice already has.

Comment

I thinkif the ANT vehicle is well armored and not easy to kill, it will be balanced, but I don't think they should show up on the map, you should have to find them and spot.
                  |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

Explain them showing up on the map as a 'heat' signature detectable from space because of the Auraxium they hold. Them showing on the map is important in creating a need to properly defend the convoy because it WILL be attacked.

Comment

Originally posted by Ytman View Post
                      Explain them showing up on the map as a 'heat' signature detectable from space because of the Auraxium they hold. Them showing on the map is important in creating a need to properly defend the convoy because it WILL be attacked.
                      in a game sense, yes it makes sense XD but how could they attack it if they couldnt find it? :) than it could be defended by friendlies and not seen unless looked for by enemy
                      |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

I doubt they'd all show up on the strategic map. Its more like a 'spotted' indicator on the mini-map at longer ranges. I hope its a modified Sunderer... I want to see more non-AMS Sunderers on the battlefield. AMS is great and important but its a bit boring how common it is.

Comment

Oh god no. Not another Sunderer variant. That vehicle is already impossible to size up at a distance. Make it a new vehicle with a unique silhouette so that we can actually figure out what the hell we're looking at without having to inspect the license plate.

I'd say no to any global indicators of ANT position. It's unnecessary, since the other faction already knows ANTs will need to reach the base they're attacking, and given the known resource node locations and the terrain they'll have a pretty good idea of the direction. All they need to do is set up a blockade on the likely entry routes, and maybe have a few people scouting for them. Hell, I plan to have air squads running search and destroy...

Comment

I doubt it'd be global as that'd yank a ton of CPU resources if spammed.

I don't mind a new vehicle really...

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X