Latest bugs I've discovered

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latest bugs I've discovered

Today I jumped in to see who was playing and checked the map to see where the action was. Of course it was at excavation site so I decided to fly a reaver to get there quickly. I was shot down rather unceremoniously and instead of being offered a re-deploy found myself on the ground. I decided to go shoot the guy that shot me down only to find to my amazement I was a 'ghost'. I couldn't shoot them and they couldn't see me. So after running around and doing rather foolish stuff that only a ghost can do, I hit re-deploy only to find that it wouldn't let me chose a site to re-deploy so I had to re-start.

A couple of days ago I was in a harrasser (no duh huh?) and drove on to the steps of a tower to repair. After repairing to max I jumped back in only to find that as I drove I was still repairing. My gunner (name forgotten) saw the same thing so every time I got hit, the ghost me was repairing just as quickly. The best part was that I was getting points for the hits my gunner got and the points for repairing too as I drove.

Usually PS2 is pretty stable for me, but on those two recent occasions it was interesting to say the least.

Re: Latest bugs I've discovered

A few times I ended up seeing the opposite bug to your repair issue. That is, I'd buzz an enemy spawn room with my Reaver only to somehow bug out the pain field. My Reaver would constantly take damage, no matter where I took it or how often I repaired it!

Comment

I had that repair bug a couple months ago. I thought I had a couple of friendly engineers repairing my Vanguard until I realized that it was still repairing when I plunged into knife-fight range with a pair of Maggies and slaughtered them. Suffice to say I was... a _very_ tough Vanguard for a while there.

I had the "ghost" issue once, waaaaay back in the beta. Seems to be a desync issue, though I assumed it was fixed. I was driving a load of TG around in my Sundie when they started asking me why I'd stopped. It appeared to me as though I was still moving, but everyone else saw the sunderer as stopped in a ditch. They remained in the ditch when they got out, and I got damage when they rocketed the Sundie. I drove into a TR armored column and discovered my invisibility and invulnerability. When I exited the sundie in the middle of said column I experienced a half-second of bewildered stares followed by a half-second of tank shells and death.

Now that I think of it, I've seen BigGaayAl have the "ghost" issue a couple months ago. I volunteered to gun his Liberator and he told me to meet him on the top deck. I was waiting for his Lib when he impatiently called "get in, get in!", then appeared in front of me out of thin air.
      Teamwork and Tactics are OP

Strait /strāt/ (Noun) A narrow passage of water connecting two seas or two large areas of water: "the Northumberland Strait".

Comment

Originally posted by Strait Raider View Post
        Now that I think of it, I've seen BigGaayAl have the "ghost" issue a couple months ago. I volunteered to gun his Liberator and he told me to meet him on the top deck. I was waiting for his Lib when he impatiently called "get in, get in!", then appeared in front of me out of thin air.
        This was actually biggayall just haXoring :)
        |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

Ok today 2 things happened, BoozeCruise was in a Sundy and as I stood there trying to get in, it just started to just float away upside down. I thought I was crazy for a minute until another person in proxi said 'Did that Sundy just float away?'. 'Yup' I said and I stood there watching it, it got stuck in a tree. Then magically reappeared down the road, I got in and we went to the next obj without incident.

Also and strange enuff it was BoozeCruise again, we were in a harrasser. I jumped from driver to back seat to repair when instantly I was in the harrasser on the vehicle spawn pad with enemy tanks bearing down on me. Booze was nowhere to be seen so I jumped in the gunner seat and started firing on them. I was getting hit mark after hit mark but no damage on them. I jumped out of the harrasser and turned to look at it. It was on the pad but floating about 3 feet above it, just sitting there. It then started taking damage and exploded.

Comment

A memorable bug I encountered quite a while ago (some of you have probably heard this already) occurred when I very quickly landed my Reaver and bailed out a few meters in the air. The Reaver then landed on my head and sent me falling through the ground, under the map.

|TG-Irr| MrJengles - You know you want to say it out loud.

Comment

Sounds like all types desync issues. The repair FUBAR is the worst. Hasn't been bad in a while but every so often I see a Sunderer flying off into the sunset or a heavy walking 100m straight off an air platform.
              In game handle: Steel Scion
              sigpic

Comment

I'm a little surprised that desyncs happen at all in a game like this. In an RTS the kind of network model that can see desyncs makes a ton of sense due to the indirect nature of the player's control, but an FPS usually requires really tight synchronization to work at all in a network environment... that said, I could definitely see the events for "I've stopped repairing" or "I've left the pain field" to get missed in wierd circumstances, especially if there's a hiccup with the server side physics...

Comment

The auto repair of vehicles by the engineer was an actual bug earlier in the games lifetime after the condition was found to be re-creatable under certain circumstances.
                  It was used to great effect by Liberator crews (before Libs were nerfed), they were pretty much invincible flying boxes of death back then. I think some people got banned for abusing that.

If that bug happens to be back and is by some chance re-creatable, you might not want to go on a killing spree if it happens to you.

I wonder if the ability for an engineer to repair from the rumble seat of a Harasser was actually intentional (since you have to find a sweet spot for it to work), or if the Devs just wanted to see how much the ability to repair it on the go impacted it as feature after they noticed it.
                  Surely it cant have been intentional from the beginning, otherwise its a terrible piece of coding if it's only able to repair when you point at one tiny spot.
                  It matters not what letters or numbers come before my name, I'll always be 1stMIP.

sigpic

"It is all about being a teamplayer. Give a kitchen sink to a teamplayer and he'll find a way to support his squad with it."
                  - John_CANavar (Marshall & Founder of the 1st Mechanized Infantry Platoon)

Comment

Originally posted by Finestyle View Post
                    I wonder if the ability for an engineer to repair from the rumble seat of a Harasser was actually intentional (since you have to find a sweet spot for it to work), or if the Devs just wanted to see how much the ability to repair it on the go impacted it as feature after they noticed it.
                    Surely it cant have been intentional from the beginning, otherwise its a terrible piece of coding if it's only able to repair when you point at one tiny spot.
                    Its also interesting that at full speed, you cannot repair even if you hit the sweet spot, you can only start to repair at lower speeds. If you start at lower speeds and the driver accelerates to max speed than you can keep repairing, I think its in-valuable to have a 3rd seat, the repair helps immensly, the gunner and driver can keep on doing thre thing than and dont have to worry about it
                    |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

Originally posted by di1lweed1212 View Post
                      Its also interesting that at full speed, you cannot repair even if you hit the sweet spot, you can only start to repair at lower speeds. If you start at lower speeds and the driver accelerates to max speed than you can keep repairing, I think its in-valuable to have a 3rd seat, the repair helps immensly, the gunner and driver can keep on doing thre thing than and dont have to worry about it
                      Except for the fact that the engi gets killed very quickly once the Harasser drivers turns his back to the action!

Comment

I don't remember what base it was, but a couple nights ago a spawn room was glitched. We lost the base, but could still spawn there along with the enemy. Of course, the pain field would start hurting you very quickly, but we could still run out. I even got a couple kills inside the spawn room before I realized exactly what was happening.

Comment

Originally posted by shatteredhourglass View Post
                          Except for the fact that the engi gets killed very quickly once the Harasser drivers turns his back to the action!
                          you'd be surprised, i put 2nd or 3rd tier flak for my armor, dont take much damage to explosions, infantry usually never shoot you out the back, usually a liberator, which the flak deals with
                          |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

Originally posted by di1lweed1212 View Post
                            you'd be surprised, i put 2nd or 3rd tier flak for my armor, dont take much damage to explosions, infantry usually never shoot you out the back, usually a liberator, which the flak deals with
                            I thought I have used my flak, maybe not.

Comment

Originally posted by shatteredhourglass View Post
                              I thought I have used my flak, maybe not.
                              Also depends on the driver :p 3rd seating for sparkhawkx or rage usually ends with me not dieing XD they're very aware of their 3rd seater
                              |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X