New Esamir Design

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Esamir Design

Love the update so much I stayed up till 1 am last night filming battle scenes.

Squad leading was very difficult given I saw two of every mark (two platoon marks, two green squad marks, . . . ).

I deleted my marks on the map but the four others remained visible.

How do I manage the colour of my Squad marker and why am I seeing those other four ones?

Seeing double . . .

Trouble.
    sigpic

Re: New Esamir Design

Originally posted by E-Male View Post
    Love the update so much I stayed up till 1 am last night filming battle scenes.

Squad leading was very difficult given I saw two of every mark (two platoon marks, two green squad marks, . . . ).

I deleted my marks on the map but the four others remained visible.

How do I manage the colour of my Squad marker and why am I seeing those other four ones?

Seeing double . . .

Trouble.
    More than likely a bug emale, would report if you see it again.

Comment

You are supposed to see all waypoints. Its to give the PL greater ability with communicating the platoon's objectives.

I used the PWs as a way to make an artificial boundary while I held us to defend the Andvari Barracks.

Other uses could be for contact reports; Sunderer north of Delta Waypoint, calls my squad member. As a squad leader I'll let my PL give me a Squad Objective Marker and use my own as a way to position my troops.

To change the colors you must change your squad colors in the Platoon Interface. When in a platoon just click the ALPHA SQUAD/BRAVO SQUAD top tab and change the color.
      No person can simply just be; they are what they do.

Comment

We need a new SOP on what to call the squad specific PL marked waypoints. I like the new system as a squad member, but it is a lot to take in when first seeing it.

Also, I love the new Esamir design. It's great for LA.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperDudeBT View Post
          We need a new SOP on what to call the squad specific PL marked waypoints. I like the new system as a squad member, but it is a lot to take in when first seeing it.

Also, I love the new Esamir design. It's great for LA.
          My vote for the first SOP would be this:

PLs and SLs MUST update way point markers at EVERY change of an objective.

PLs and SLs are letting their markers get stale, this undermines their usefulness.
          sigpic

Comment

Stale markers are entirely too easy to leave behind. A good habit for PLs would be to clear waypoints whenever changing orders, unless only a single squad is being updated. SLs should make a point of not relying on the new squad specific waypoints to stick around, and should always update their personal squad waypoint accordingly

Comment

Originally posted by E-Male View Post
              My vote for the first SOP would be this:

PLs and SLs MUST update way point markers at EVERY change of an objective.

PLs and SLs are letting their markers get stale, this undermines their usefulness.
              I second this motion

Comment

I use PL WP as a general AO marker. Squad WP is for me talking to my squad, as just an SL this works great as an SL/PL not so much :(. I think using the Platoon Squad WPs should be able to be interchangable between Platoon Wide and Squad Specific.

I think that less is more. Never place two WPs in the same general area.

I also think their 'names' should be generalized as 'Alpha Way(point)', 'Bravo Way(point)', and etc. Avoid color usage as some people might have changed their Platoon Squad Colors.

General practice is that if you are giving a squad a general AO, use their respective Waypoint as PL, if you are putting TWO squads in a general AO specifically STATE that they should be at 'ALPHA WAY'.

Generally speaking BROAD SWEEPING orders should be done with PL-WP. Specific tactical suggestions, uncommon in use, should be handled with SL-WP.
                No person can simply just be; they are what they do.

Comment

I like the use of PL Squad waypoints as a very temporary tool. Like, PL asking alpha lead if getting to a location is feasible. Once SL acknowledges the objective (or question) the PL Squad Waypoint should be removed. PLs shouldn't be ordering squad members around anyway, so once the SL acknowledges the location of the PL placed squad waypoint, I think it should be removed. Then the SL should take over the commanding via their waypoint.

Also, I envision a time where action could be moving quick. Once the battle is in swing in one location, the PL could be planning their next attack. So, as the platoon in clearing up the cap of a base, the PL is setting PL waypoints for the next instruction that they are going to present to the SLs. This would help keep up the pace of the game and reduce downtime greatly.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X