Who is currently Active and can offer to SL/PL

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is currently Active and can offer to SL/PL

Seems like the common suspect SLs/PLs are on vacation (enjoy it guys!), busy working hard, or in Al's case busy hugging trees (hippy voice: peace and love bro!), and as a result the ability for TG as an outfit to bring people online and keep them online with organized cooperative play is a bit low. With this being said I just can't stress enough how important the leadership role is in this game, not only as a means to be effective, but also as a means to keep our outfit active, alive, and drawing new players into the TG fold.

TG is a unique outfit; we don't judge KDRs, we don't tell you what you must cert, and we don't have a leadership structure in-game (our leadership is largely clerical). That last bit is the important thing that I want to stress. Without a hard leadership structure what we have is a large tendency to horizontal structure. In lay terms; anyone can lead or organize anything!

Now I know leading is difficult and I know some people don't find pleasure in it but I have to stress that without new people stepping up to lead our groups the Outfit as a whole could suffer. As Daddyofthree23 says; Squad Leading is easy, you just tell people where to go.

While we have a whole mess of SOPs, guides, and more due to TG's Horizontal Structure the only most necessary things, proper COMMs, is something you can directly control. We don't have training's, we don't enforce tactical SOPs, and our COMMs SOP is pretty simple to pick up and so you don't need to worry about micromanaging your group. This lets you just focus on the broader picture; Objectives. And that, my dear comrades, when you are an SL is completely up to you!

I'm just putting this out there because PS2 is something really special and Outfits makes it great!

And then there is the other benefit of more SLs/PLs; we get to do bigger ops! The more people who can and want to lead the more squads we can field and the more people we can recruit and the bigger the battles we can contest! PS2 is a matter of scale and...

TG NEEDS YOU!

Re: Who is currently Active and can offer to SL/PL

Well... my internet has been acting up lately. Random ping spikes have made most games almost unplayable except during the wee early morning. Of those things, PS2 has fallen by the wayside (mainly gotten bored with the repetitiveness of the game itself) and went back to some Project Reality especially with 1.0 about to release.

Once I get this internet thing figured, you guys will probably see me back ingame.

These Things We Do... That Other's May Live

Comment

Normally i would SL but im doing some renovation at my house so im pretty much feeling to do the grunt but normally i Can SL the only prob is that i CAN'T PL because of my lack in english.So you can't count on me for that but normally you can count me in for SL

Comment

I'll be around through the weekend and into early next week. Hope to be on quite a bit. As was heard last night...had to duck out to have a "discussion" with my 18yo on her first speeding ticket. 51mph in a 40mph zone in a speed trap that I've pointed out to my kids dozens of times (even got caught in it myself once). $108 plus whatever the defensive driving class will cost her. Good thing she has a job.

Comment

i will SL if i have the time to, i usually don't get on for extended periods of time, but when I do I will SL if there needs to be another or replacement

Originally posted by Snarlin View Post
          I'll be around through the weekend and into early next week. Hope to be on quite a bit. As was heard last night...had to duck out to have a "discussion" with my 18yo on her first speeding ticket. 51mph in a 40mph zone in a speed trap that I've pointed out to my kids dozens of times (even got caught in it myself once). $108 plus whatever the defensive driving class will cost her. Good thing she has a job.
          Us raskly 18yo :D
          |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

I'm active, but my ability to play PS2 is fairly sporadic at the moment. Whenever I'm online, though, I'm eager to squad lead and willing to platoon lead if necessary!

Comment

I find my time divided very much lately between nice weather for a change where I live. (Sioux Lookout). And my iRacing has just put out a new update and I am driving a bit again which I haven't done in months. I'll be on but I don't like to take over leadership when I will only be playing for a short time.
              sigpic

Comment

YT, thanks for the call to action.

I can only speak for myself, I have been busy with work, true, but also I have been a bit burnt out on the game from leading all the time.

I would encourage everyone to try their hand at leadership, it is not that difficult and even a bad leader is better than none at all. :) If everyone contributes a little bit, many hands make light work and we will always enjoy good leadership. Leadership (especially PLing) is a bit of a different game than just shooting things and being a grunt, but it can be very rewarding.

Especially if you are getting to the point in game where you feel you always know better than the PL, lol, it is probably time for you to step up and try leading the platoon yourself. Don't worry, all NCOs, Officers, and even long time regulars will do everything we can to support you, including helping deal with hecklers if they become a problem.

We have a lot of new people in TG because of this title, but many of them are not taking the next step and contributing. One of the things that makes TG great is the good leadership we enjoy. So I would encourage some of the new members to step up and try your hand at PLing, lest those few regular leaders we have all get burnt out and don't lead any more. Then what?

Most people fear they will not be a good PL. As Al said once, most of these fears are irrational and unnecessary. I'm sure you will do fine, just give it a try. We will all support you. :)
                "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

I'm juggling summer family schedule with some welcome and unexpected contracts right now, which is why I've been scarce, but I will make it a point to volunteer for SL when I am on.
                  In game handle: Steel Scion
                  sigpic

Comment

I'd like to second Randy and ask more people to give SLing a shot. We're starting to see situations where we've got no shortage of soldiers but not nearly enough leaders! It's happened more than a few times now that I've been leading a platoon (which, coincidentally, we ALSO have not nearly enough candidates for) and had two or three full, responsive squads, but nobody willing to start a third or fourth squad and get us to full platoon strength or better! It also leads to things like perfectly functional platoons being folded while they've still got squads full of willing soldiers and SLs all because nobody is willing to step up to platoon lead.

Squad leading isn't really all that difficult, you just need to liaise with the PL and keep your guys focused on the objective. If you don't feel you've got leadership skills, I've got two things to say to you:

1) Like any other skills, they can be learned, and you'll only learn with practise
                    2) You might surprise yourself. It's not as difficult as it looks, and you're probably underestimating yourself.

I'm not the sort of person who you'd typically describe as a "born leader" or a "people person", but I kept at it and I'd say I've gotten pretty decent at it (people keep telling me that I'm not screwing it up, at any rate). If an introverted guy like me can do it, anyone can. Take that first step, look for feedback, and keep trying to improve, and you WILL figure it out! As an added bonus, leadership skills aren't a Planetside skill, they're life skills, so you get to take them with you when you're done. :)

Comment

To Me EVERYBODY Got to try At least squad leading i only speak half english an Still people are asking me to go and SL (so i guess i do a good job :P) but i Got no background of leadership and even less of communication. You only have to listen to the comms for like a week-end read the SOP and You are good to GO! YOU got to try it there so much time where i log in and there only 1 or 2 squad up and like 7 TG waiting for a new Squad to open. STEP UP! at least try.

Comment

I've not been playing of late due to burn out. Also, alerts are really bothering me and I wish the NC faction as a whole were more cooperative. I'll SL when I can.

While getting more leaders is always welcome, remember to keep a good TG to non-TG ratio in the squads. If a couple people want in the platoon, either ask them to run a TG-only squad and tag along with another squad, or to wait until someone leaves. We should always seek to provide a proper TG experience - which is worth waiting for anyhow.

|TG-Irr| MrJengles - You know you want to say it out loud.

Comment

Jengles, you'd be surprised how cooperative the NC has been of late. NCC is still the go to comms but they are trying to use /l & /orders more openly. This whole weekend I saw stellar cooperation within the NCC and within the NC/l in general. Often times we were dominating wherever we fought. On the low pop nights we were scraping whatever we could from the VS and even in defeat the attitude among the NC comms were really positive.

Of course the NC seems to be participating in alerts more frequently now. So if you don't like alerts then pay me no mind.

Though new Esamir is brilliant.

Comment

I'm going to be on again in the next few days for the remainder of the summer. You can count on me to squad lead anytime. I like it. Thanks for keeping the home fires burning.

Never Beat Ninja Gaiden

Comment

My ability to SL and PL is limited until around Xmas when I finish my final changes to my forthcoming book.

Nonetheless, I'll be on often (I use PS2 as background "TV" while doing misc tasks on my second screen), and occasionally PL/SL. I want to stay on top of changes to the game.

Off to explore the new Esamir now . . .
                              sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...