Headsets/Microphones

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headsets/Microphones

Hello all! I'm wondering what type of Headsets/Mics you guys use. Also, if you have any recommendations for them, please post them below. I know there has been a lot of chatter among the no mic people wondering what people are using. I'm in the price range for under $50. I was googling around, but I figured I would get your guys opinions before I pull the trigger. Thank you for your advice!

Re: Headsets/Microphones

I never use USB and instead focus on the ones that go into an audio jack.

Comment

I have had expensive headsets before ie: "Steelseries" and have gone back to my tried and true "Fatality Headset" You can pick them up for around $40.00 and they have great sound quality. As long as you don't have little kids that like to eat your mic they will last forever :-) Guess how my first set bit the dust!!!
      sigpic

Comment

Logitech G930. It's about $100. But it's wireless!! :)

Comment

Breakdown on what I sell from work and from my own knowledge from personal use of the headsets that are around your price range.

Turtle Beaches
          X12's - retails around $59.99 new ($14.99* - $39.99 P/O) Stereo sound.
          USB w/audio and mic jacks. Good audio quality levels. In line adjustable audio and bass adjust. These are my current headset that I'm using. Comfort level is good for a headset around this price. Ear cups breathe well and aren't too tight and the headband is comfy too so you won't notice on those really long game sessions.

PX21/22's $69.99 - $79.99. Same headset as X12's but the 22's have a bigger speaker and a bit more bass. Stereo sound. I've used the PX21's and my only complaint were the ear cups. They had this odd swivel design to them that prevented them from fitting over my ears properly. Background noise would creep in due to this. Audio quality was great, with crisp sounds.

PDP Afterglow headsets
          Wired - $59.99. Stereo headset that glows on yer head. They're extremely durable thanks to the elastic headband. Sound quality is fair - they can tend to sound hollow at times. 3 adjustable audio presets - notable difference is one has more bass than the others.

Wireless - $79.99. Stereo sound at wireless. Honestly these are a great wireless headset for their price. Rechargeable battery, so no worries about buying batteries. I've gotten 10 hours out of the battery life before I needed to recharge. Sound quality was good. 3 audio presets, just like the wired version. Noticeable difference between presets were the bass levels. Great range on the wireless too, around 50ft from source. Retractable mic, made it easy to find that optimal mic distance from mouth.

That's my two cents on headsets. I've used all of the above headsets and had decent results - ultimately settling on the x12's - I picked mine up used and am still using them now.

Comment

I use a Yapster headset (wired). Great sound, great mic, and great durability (has lasted 6 months + and still working great), not to mention it's 13$ on amazon right now. I would not advise usb headsets, my father purchased a 40$ logitech usb one and it's a piece of junk. I would also recommend going with a over ear headset, most "budget" on-ear headsets/headphones have problems with noise escaping.

“Big Brother is Watching You.”
            ― George Orwell, "1984"

Comment

Originally posted by Toddshooter View Post
              I have had expensive headsets before ie: "Steelseries" and have gone back to my tried and true "Fatality Headset"
              I got these on recommendation from someone, could have been Todd. I've been very happy with them so far.

Many people have warned me to stay away from USB headsets. The software layer that these use doesn't always play nicely with games, although they'll work for Skype etc.

Comment

Thanks for all the suggestions. I went with the turtle beaches.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X