PSA - Why the chat box keeps switching to platoon tab

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PSA - Why the chat box keeps switching to platoon tab

This was driving me crazy and I noticed I was sending people /tells to check their chat tabs more often than usual as well. Finally, I figured out what's going on:

Viewing the Squad/Platoon Management page will switch your chat tab to platoon.

Yes, even if you press Escape and click on it. At first I thought it was due to double keybinding P, but moving/removing the Management keybind didn't help. I can't find a way to get around this, so for now it's an annoyance until SOE fix it. I assume it's a mistake, as the same doesn't happen with the Outfit page, nor do you switch to the squad tab if you only have a squad.

To change tabs, either press Ctrl + Tab to cycle, or press Alt and click the tab.

|TG-Irr| MrJengles - You know you want to say it out loud.

Re: PSA - Why the chat box keeps switching to platoon tab

So that's it. That's a real pain.

Something else that needs to be fixed is outfit chat using the same volume adjuster as leader chat. I will not hear anything on outfit, as I have to mute it every time I SL, so that I can hear over Stew360's whining.
    Teamwork and Tactics are OP

Strait /strāt/ (Noun) A narrow passage of water connecting two seas or two large areas of water: "the Northumberland Strait".

Comment

Just mute Stew360. I personally never much minded his moans. Generally speaking he has some good concepts on strategy and his moans are just him vocalizing upset.

Comment

When I'm leading I can't stand having the added comms clutter of a drawn-out strategic debate making it impossible to hear my squad members. If I'm PL leading, I'll either turn on NCC comms or just communicate with /l chat.

On the mass scale, there is nothing so urgent that it can't be typed.
        Teamwork and Tactics are OP

Strait /strāt/ (Noun) A narrow passage of water connecting two seas or two large areas of water: "the Northumberland Strait".

Comment

Some people have no consideration of others' comms traffic / issues at the other end of the line. Yeah hearing the unwashed masses in COMMAND channel really makes me appreciate all the work E-Male has put in to get our comms discipline up to snuff. I pretty much always have it turned all the way down, as you said comms are much cleaner in NCC.
          "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

This bug appears to have been fixed in the last patch or hotfix.

|TG-Irr| MrJengles - You know you want to say it out loud.

Comment

Srs? If so, awesome. But I thought it was still doing it... must test...
              "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Mine was still doing it :(

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse